Wednesday, June 8, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2011 ISSUE # 04


RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER
ISSUE # 04








City Parks Foundation: Summerstage Salute To Hip Hop: Starring Funkmaster Flex and EPMD at Betsey Head Memorial Park

How many people reading this blog used to attend the Betsey Head pool when they were around nine years old? Betsey Head pool, Glenwood pool I always loved going to the pool. It would of been nice if I learn how to swim instead of floating or walking through water. As I got older my love for attending the pools faded. I never thought I would ever see Betsey Head Park ever again until these people came along, "City Parks Foundation". It was only last year when I came back to a child's summertime playhouse.

Summer has no quite approached us yet but the Summerstage event always make it feel like summer is amongst us earlier. One of the first, Summerstage events of the summer goes down this evening. Live tonight at 7 the legendary rap group, Erick and Parrish Making Dollars (EPMD) doing it up along side Hot 97's own Funkmaster Flex. Although it may seem like an encore to me having the privilege to witness them last summer at Queensbridge Park. You never get tired of the sounds of real hip hop. Besides, what's encore to me may not be encore to others. I'm looking forward to whatever is in store.

I arrived a bit early there isn't a sole in sight that's right we're in "BROWNSVILLE!" You may not see the park flooded with your average hip hop b-boy crackaz. Sometimes I forget I'm a Brooklyn resident I could have chilled on my neck of the woods a little bit longer before travelling to these parts. As I sit and lay I'm entertained by a dj other than Funkmaster Flex. Of course, he doesn't introduce himself he's not on the card thats why. He's one of those I'm not even going to say, opener because thats what Dj Live is. This guy is more of like the equipment tester. Lol, what the hell does that even mean? Regardless its still an excellent performance on the laptop. Forgive me, djs I gotten used too not saying 1 and 2's anymore. We can acknowledge the fact they are obsolete and with a laptop you can make up for the substitution.

Just when I thought the party was about to begin. Dj Live took stage and rocked it out, Summertime Brooklyn Barbeque Style playing nothing but the hits. The music for all the ages no matter if your a kid, a teenager, in your twenties, thirties and forties. He was playing the jams to rock too. I really felt like that nine year old snut nose kid in Betsey Head Park, 1984. "Good Times"

I did however wanted to capture this all on film but there seems to be an malfunction with my camera. I can not explain the cause of the hey wire. What I do know, this was not a good time to upset me and ruin my evening. The sole purpose of me attending was destroyed. I made my exit out of the park I didn't want people to see the hurt inside of me.

"GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY!!!"
I guess, God don't like me today I decided to come back to Betsey Head Park and see, EPMD's performance but what a slap in my face. As soon as I arrived back to the park. I hear EPMD performing or rather Erick Sermon performing his hit song, the Marvin Gaye influenced - "Music" which turned out to be the last song of the performance and the end of the night. Talk about a screw job being done onto me, whatever it is I' ve may have done to anyone to receive such negative karma I apologize. Even though I do not know what I'm apologizing for, this is too much drama that one person should carry.

Let's hope tomorrow evening, Special Ed will be here. Let's hope tomorrow will shed a little more light and make my day sparkle.... A-men.













CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office# 3477894543
Cellular# 6463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: