Thursday, June 23, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2011 ISSUE # 10


RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER
JUNE 2011 ISSUE # 10





It's been a long time coming maybe too long since ya favorite writer's favorite writer produce a real newsletter. I'm back with some hip hop treats on the Rusty Jabbz charts. Your in store for some Ideology, Neek The Exotic, Verse Essential, The Write Bros and Kevin Cossom.

IDE & DJ CONNECT "IDEOLOGY"
4.75 JABBZ
This album was hip hop's back to the future. Both, Ide and Dj Connect made it, "Rugged and Underground". I advise anyone looking for real hip hop to check this album out on, www.creativejuicesmusic.com and/ or www.myspace.com/ideologythealbum.
The soul basis of album came from Ide and Dj Connect, they put in the majority of the work. I heard it took some time but it was worth it.
I still do not know much of these guys. I came across they're performance at a show in Santos Party House. I believe they were the first acts on stage. I know how people feel about first acts. They usually get ignored, which is true but when you have hard hittin' material like these. Who can resist? For instance, "Path of Resistance" and "Devilz Island". I don't want to give too much away. I like to save some anticipation for my readers. Besides I don't give, 4.75 jabbz to just anyone.

NEEK THE EXOTIC AND THE LARGE PROFESSOR "STILL ON THE HUSTLE"
4.50 JABBZ
This is something that we as New Yorkers will forever be used too. On the hustle, On the bussle, On the grind. Everyday, New York lifestyle.
As oppose to being on the constant hustle this is another thing, New York will always be on, the boom bap rap.
Neek The Exotic, another emcee taking us New Yorkers back in time to hip hop's future. Setting off the album on a excellent note with 2 dope bangers, "Still on the Hustle" and "New York". After those two tracks people taste may or may not change. You'll see throughout the course of album, Neek The Exotic is a straight up Queens emcee, Corona to be exact. Do not let that overlook any future purchases you may have scheduled. Neek and Large still come off how they suppose too. Besides in these days this probably the closest we'll ever come to an Main Source reunion. A good reunion it is although there were a few short songs. I think what made this so called, reunion complete was the release party, last month at Tammany Hall. Some real official, Queens day type shit you had almost every Queens emcee from the golden era that made a difference in hip hop up in there. I'm talking about Mic Geronimo, Royal Flush, Cormega, Mr Cheeks you even had emcees that weren't from Queens up in there like Lord Finesse, D-Stroy, Cappadonna. It was something serious just like this album. So go cop it but don't take my word for it. Just ask the producer's who worked on it how good it is.... Large Professor, Lord Finesse, Marco Polo and Carnage then you'll have your answer.

VERSE ESSENTIAL "INGENIOUS"
DELUXE EDITION
4.50 JABBZ
Now I'm still in Queens but this next artist I'm going to review is no, Neek The Exotic in fact he's not anyone from Queens. That is one of things I like about him is his unique style and delivery. Verse can not be compared to another brother from another mother in another borough his lyrics are just that thorough.
I was here last year when I reviewed this album, this is a deluxe edition. I don't understand it seems he chopped down some of the tracks, last year his album had 21 tracks. This new one showing, 17 tracks. I see a new opening had been added to the album, I'm feeling this one much better than last year's "The Opening". Don't think I'm hating, oh who the hell I'm foolin' I'm so Pro-New York. I love any song that has New York in it. Especially if its a song praising the city or not it don't matter. The point is, I really dug the song, "New York Minute". There are other songs you will get to enjoy like I said, he's not your average emcee. He's Ingenious, Verse Essential is offering everyone a "Land of Opportunity" to get a crack at the exclusive encore copy. So, stop sleepin' and get what you can see.

ZEPS AND STARK THE DUTCH PRESENTS THE WRITE BROS
4.50 JABBZ
When I first heard this album my first response was, "Zeps don't be stealin' my government name and using it for your hip hop pleasure". You lucky my brother and I don't fuck y' all up, lol.
It'll be wrong anyway to beat up two emcees that pulled off such excellent hip hop behind the M. I. C.
This album is a hip hopper/ graff writer dream come true. Ode to them both courtesy of Zeps and Stark. A writer can go both ways. There's two forms of a writer when listening to this album. They can be relaying their dedication onto emcees or graffitti artists. That is what makes this album special. Besides the production from underground hip hop's elite producers: Wrekroom Muzik, Incite, Zeps, AZ Blaze, Logrithmic and Money Makin' Mitch.
The majority of the production consisting of smooth, mellow, boom bap hip hop. It has a jazz radiance that makes our culture an art. Thanks to The Write Brothers, we must always remember not to care for the top of the charts. The only chart they must be concerned with are the Rusty Jabbz Charts. Songs like these are pure RJ chart toppers..... "The Write Stuff", "Never Quit" and "Shit For Free". I have other songs I can add to the list and you can too. You can holla at Zeps and Stark at www.turntableizmshow.com or www.boombapacrossthemap.com. Climb aboard, The Write Bros train and don't get off.


KEVIN COSSOM "BY ANY MEANS"

I would like to apologize to Kevin Cossom and Charles Anthony for the late review. I asked, myself why am I even rating and reviewing this mix cd. It's like 2 months old. He probably done did like 2 or 3 brand new mix cds since this one. So, why bother. I only bother because I made a promise to review this cd and I will like to see it through despite its wackness. Before I go any further I must apologize to my readers for changing the format. I know, we've been having fun today with the exciting reviews from top notch artist and then this happened. I apologize for the mix up. To be fair I will not submit a rating upon this artist's cd because those who know me already know what this person will receive from me. That is not hatin', that is Dj Handspin being Dj Handspin. "I'M BACK BITCHES!!!"
On with the review, okay where do I start. I know where, www.kevincossom.com find out all the information you need about him. I'm sorry once again this is not my level of expertise.

We're going to wrap everything up here. I enjoyed all the reviews I've posted up until....
I hope everyone enjoyed what I made in store for the people today.... IDE & Dj Connect "Ideology", Neek The Exotic & Large Professor "Still On The Hustle", Verse Essential "Ingenious The Deluxe Edition" and Zeps and Stark The Dutch Presents "The Write Bros". Until next time, Love, Peace and JABBZ!
















CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: 3477894543
Cellular: 6463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz





No comments: