Thursday, June 16, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2011 ISSUE # 07


RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER
JUNE 2011, ISSUE # 07






















































































Nice and Smooth, live at Herbert Von King Park
Wed., June 15, 2011 7-9pm
In the city your always faced with dilemas. For instance, being stuck Downtown Brooklyn waiting the arrival of a B-38. In 15 minutes time several B-52's and B-54's have passed by. It is now 7pm, the concert should have started by now. I hope today isn't anything like last week's mishaps of Central Park Summerstage events.

A, B-38 finally arrives and now I'm sittin' here on a tight, bumpy and crowded bus on my way to the concert. I'm pumpin' a series of classic, Nice and Smooth singles to get myself in the mood. Not like I'm not in the mood already. I' ve been looking forward to this show all week. Nice and Smooth, one of my favorite hip hop great emcees when I was coming up. I hope this show turns out to be superb. At least the best it can be.

This is only my third appearance inside Von King Park. I love this park for its cemented bleachers and stage area. So, you know how extremely happy I was to receive a seat in the front row. However, what I didn't love about the park was the unusual pollen and raw fish odor in the air. Despite that nothing could bring down the evening except maybe constant worries of the absence of my camera.

Filming a show on my camera phone wasn't my intention but until my original camera is out of repair this will have to be the substitute.
In the meantime, I'll sit back and indulge the musical styling of Dj Teddy Ted and Special K.
Special K and Teddy Ted are getting the crowd warmed up. Warmed up and amped into a frenzy. Teddy Ted, rocking all the old school party classics. I didn't know, Bed Stuy partied as such. I would of hate to have partied with The Stuy during its drama days. In those days, a good party usually meant a bad ending.

This is my first time seeing, Nice and Smooth perform live. I never gotten the opportunity to see them perform together. I remember, last year's Central Park Summerstage Greg Nice made a surprise guest appearance during Big Daddy Kane's live performance at this same park. I remember, seeing Smooth B two years ago at a Central Park Summerstage event. Performing for the Video Music Box 25th Anniversary alongside Funkmaster Flex and Mr Cheeks.
Tonight, I finally get the opportunity to witness a Nice and Smooth, performance.

It was a lovely performance. Greg Nice always have to play the one upsmen. There were many times when Greg Nice left the stage and hopped over the barricade and made his way into the crowd to gain crowd participation and hype. Leaving, Smooth B on stage to man down the fort. Although there were times when Smooth could have left the stage and joined the crowd. There is a reason, why he's Smooth and the other is Nice. Greg Nice, always full of energy and agility. Even at this age to be able to still carrying on their tradition and be able to entertain a park load of people is a beautiful thing to see.

I' am so grateful to finally get a good Summerstage performance so far and add the Nice and Smooth, performance as icing to this cake. I' am aware there are more, Nice and Smooth to come. I guess, its true what they always said, "we'll be back with more hits".
You can catch, Nice and Smooth at "SALUTE TO HIP HOP" at the Best Buy Theatre 1515 Broadway Hosted by Funkmaster Flex starring: EPMD, Brand Nubian and The LOX

I would like to thank the special guest that came through in support for Nice and Smooth and Hip Hop. Peace and Love to Dana Dane, Marley Marl, Dj Polo.
I never seen, Dj Polo before that was my first time. It was an pleasure and seeing Marley Marl is always a pleasure.

This is Dj Handspin, just want to let everyone know I had a great time tonight. I always have a great time at these events. I'm pretty sure, y' all do too.












CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: 3477894543
Cellular: 6463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz




No comments: