Tuesday, June 14, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2011 ISSUE # 06


RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER
JUNE 2011 ISSUE #06









79 5th Ave., an address I haven't heard in years since, well I can not remember the last time I' ve been to Red Distribution. I didn't know, Red Distribution still exist, like most New York franchise music labels I thought they were demonished. Until receiving an email on June 13th for a Cormega press party. Now this is very interesting, Cormega having a press party at a place in which I' ve thought been ghost. Spare no hesitation in the rsvp a good writer must always gain great intel at its expense.

Arrived at 79 5th Ave, the building's structure and lobbies construction have not changed. I was surprised to see what have changed, Red Distribution, itself on the 15th floor. Looking more Sony approved and less Relativity approved for those who remember the old look of Red Distribution. I captured the platinum plaque of one of Red/ Relativity recording hip hop groups in mid nineties, Bone Thugs N' Harmony. Surprised to see it is still hung on the wall. You can not deny the amount of money this group accumulated for Red Distribution during hip hop's golden era.

Red Distribution, used to be a label on my vinyl pick up friday agenda. In the days of wax. After the Serato scratchlive and itch came out and took over. Record labels, shut down vinyl pick up days. Vinyl pick up days were now only a memory. Since then, I' ve must have walked by this place millions of times and each time I walk by this place or any other record label in New York City, the memories unfold.

Tonight, it feels good to be here inside a record label once again. I think the last press conferences I was invited were Virgin records for Alfamega and Warner Bros records for Lil' Boosie, I'm not hatin' but it feels "DAM GOOD TO BE INVITED TO A PRESS CONFERENCE FROM MEMBERS OF YOUR HOME TEAM!!!"

Which brings us to, tonight's press conference the opening of the "I Made A Difference Movement". Its pretty self-explanatory on, I Made A Difference. Anyone can make a difference. The key objective for tonight and what bought us together is, "HAITI".

Haiti is still in need of prayer and reconstruction of their fallen land after the 2010 Earthquake.

Cormega taken an vested interests in the Sean Penn's Organization to help with the redevelopment of Haiti.
Cormega has taken the liberty to seek artist assistance from some of the realest emcees in the rap game today. Notice I' ve said realest emcee not the most popular or best selling emcee. I believe, what they're seeking on this project are emcees with a heart. A heart of gold and steel that are willing to do a song to uplift and rejoice towards Haiti. There are no royalties and/or copyrights taking place on this project. Every cent earned is a proceed that goes towards the redevelopment of Haiti.

I would like to ask of everyone reading this issue to stress the importance of this song. It's not your average song. This isn't a song for your jeeps or a song for the ladies to shake their rare ends too. This is a, contribution song. That's why I stress to everyone when making your tweets and plug ins of the song, "I Made A Difference" please do not neglect to forget that we need people to purchase this song. No downloads, downloads can not fix the current state that Haiti is in.

It's a beautiful song that needs the love and support. It's not too often when you have a series of emcees who get together and complete a positive record in the spirit and art of hip hop. When a song like this comes along you must jump at the opportunity.

According to Cormega, he asked a series of emcees to be on the song with him. He was only asking for 8 bars nothing too serious. Just something straight from your heart showing love and believe it or not he received a lot of negative responses. These were artist, 'Mega thought were real. To hear that they deny his movement and proposal says a lot about some of the emcees we listen too.

According to 'Mega, the only artist that had an legitimate excuse for not participating on the song would have been Fame. Fame was scheduled for a tour date the same exact day 'Mega, booked him in the studio and Fame still came through and layed down a quick 16 and still continued with his tour. Now that's what you call "REAL!" pay attention you won't find too many emcees like that. 'Mega was fortunate to gain the features of Lil' Fame, Steele, Sadat X, Redman, Stic Man, Immortal Technique, Maya Azucena not only does that shows greatness on their part. It also shows greatness in the song to have such high powered lyricism and songstress on board. The song also comes full equipped with a live jazz style band, The Revelations.

A lot went into the production of this song there is talk now of putting out a video. Which would be great. They must have read my mind I was just thinking the same exact thing. Like I said, the song is beautiful and it has that message but in order for it too fully be heard and get its message spread to a vast majority, a video will definitely do such a thing.

My name is Dj Handspin Dinero, I would like to thank Jackie O for once again pluggin me into another one of Cormega's ventures. Thank you also to, Lamar Leggard for inviting me tonight and allowing me to witness and be apart of this movement. I'm definitely looking forward too it.
I'm ready, to make a difference.







CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office# 3477894543
Cellular# 6463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: