Saturday, June 18, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2011 ISSUE # 09


RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER
JUNE 2011, ISSUE # 09
Presents.... HEBONICS 101




Now pay close attention as I break this, Hebonics shit down. Today, was the most interesting day I have had in such a long time. After observing and experiencing the lyric wizardry of Hebrew emcees. I been somewhat aware to Hebrew emcees in Hip Hop but never knew the movement was deeper than expected. Until I came across, Sneakas - Hebonics 101 mixtape Guest Starring: Paul Rosenberg. Paul Rosenberg, I was never sure if he was Hebrew or not. If you look at his skin tone, he's look more Hispanic than Jewish. I'm sorry, Paul if I may have offended you with that comment. I always thought, Paul Rosenberg was more of a stage name. I never knew it was his actual name and his actual religion behind the name.
I apologize for being clueless but I think that is the nature of this, "Hebonics 101" project. To open the mind of other people that may be clueless to Jewish emcees in Hip Hop. Listening to this cd you wouldn't think its an big deal. Right now, your probably asking yourselves "Why is Handspin taking the time to write about a topic as such". Or, maybe your not thinking that at all but I would like to come out here and show my support to their movement and express my feelings towards the mixtape I've heard. I think its a remarkable attempt at getting people to open up. I might be getting ahead of myself, I've been told that several times. Can we at least go through Hip Hop's history of Jewish emcees. There are a few of you out there reading this that can actually name a one hand full of Jewish emcees if that many. If asked, however I bet you can run down every single emcee that is either Muslim or God Body. I admit there were a lot Jewish emcee defaults in the music business like 2 Live Jews for one. That should not accommodate for the other Jewish emcees that paved the way and prospered. Artist like and I'm going to put this in bold because I want y' all muthafuckaz to see their names.... M.C.A & AD Rock of The Beastie Boyz, Remedy, Ill Bill & Necro, the super Jew, Shyne and Hip Hop's Jewish Veteran, M.C. Serch
and this is only scratching the surface because there are others like the two people I chose to review today, Sneakas and Jesse Abraham. Hip Hop's Next Jewish Idols.

For more information and downloads on Sneakas "Hebonics 101" visit www.sneakasny.com







How many people get music through their email on a constant from emcees like the one I'm about to refer too. At those times I never taken the liberty to listen to any of his music until now. Ironically, the album is titled "One Day" that's what I always kept telling myself, one day Jesse. Well, today is that day. I apologize for not steppin' up to the plate sooner.
I'm going to be honest though there is a reason why I was half steppin' on listening to your past material. After going through this 14 track album several times it took a very long time to draw a conclusion.
I didn't want to compare this artist to another. I just couldn't wrap myself around his lyrics at first. I felt the best thing to do was to focus on the production. Jesse Abraham scored great production from some great producers. Production on the album came from K. O. Beatz, Spills, Ill Mind, Trace Thomas, Jinesis, Panjabi M.C. and The Neptunes . I know, Jinesis I'm familiar with his work. He's definitely got some product. The Neptunes produced track' Holy Crap! was actually good work done on their part. I was never a big, Neptunes fan only when it came to working with The Clipse.

This is a 14 track album. Halfway through the album thing's done changed just ask, Jesse and Ill Mind on track 7 "Past The Margin f/ Blu" I want every emcee, whether your a wanna be emcee, a bedroom emcee, corner store emcee, whatever emcee you claim to be you need to listen to this track. This is a eye opener, ring toner and serato/ mp3 playlist and all that other good shit. Congratulations, to Jesse and Ill for choosing two separate tracks from Hip Hop's elite emcees' Nas and Lauryn Hill. Great touch for the hook.

HIP HOP QUOTABLE
"I sip the dom p watching Ghandi until I'm charged writing in my book of rhymes all the words past the margins.... while you imitating Al Capone I'll be reading Simone and defecating on your microphone" From Nas and Lauryn Hill

Track 7, was only the beginning of the second half. Although there were songs in the beginning of the album I enjoyed such as "Spiderman on Vitamins" and "Play On". Play On, which is another Ill Mind production. Ill Mind did some justice for Jesse on this album. I don't know, I sense a partnership some sort of Premier/ Guru thing going on between them in the near future.
There were other songs like the Homeboy Sandman featured, "Always and Forever" and the Fresh Daily featured, "Figure It Out". My personal favorite was the bonkers I think that is a proper word for it. The song, "Ridiculous" produced by Panjabi M.C. that was some sick production and rhyme flow.

I did get a kick out of the album even though there were mixed feelings at the very beginning but focusing on the production at hand help me to draw up a conclusion to what I feel this artist is. He is bonkers, I hope you no one neither Jesse takes that definition the wrong way. He has such a energetic style and flow and personality. It's so awesome being bonkers is actually a good thing.

For those willing to embark on Jesse Abraham' One Day album visit www.jesseabraham.com or www.facebook.com/jesseabraham212















CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: 13477894543
Cellular: 16463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: