Monday, November 12, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER NOVEMBER 2012 ISSUE #05

RUSTY JABBZ ENTERTAINMENT GETS INVOLVED WITH "CONEY RECOVERS" SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2012 DAY #02
This is now, day #02 and I'm at it again. Another attempt at finding, this Luna Park, Cai Park. I know yesterday I failed but today I'll try much harder to find my correct team. Let's see, West 10th St. and Surf Ave are where I'm supposed to meet them but I do not see any tent out here. Got Dam, I'm burning up out here. It's fucking hotter out here than yesterday. I'm going to have to remove this dickie. This is for future reference. I shouldn't be wearing anything called a dickie not unless I'm getting those first four letters, lol. I eventually, finally found Luna Park and the Coney Island Recovers Organization. I like these guys no pussyfooting, soon as I met up with them and the rest of the team gathered. The team captain took us up to the boardwalk to help complete yesterday's job of removing all of that piles of sand and debris. Today was a little bit different than yesterday. Yesterday, I mention "Coney Island Clean Up" involved NYC Parks, CAI Parks and Worksforce1 but today looked more community base on top of organization. I'm not saying that is a problem but if you were on the boardwalk and seen the amount of people. The amount of people shoveling sand. I believe the capacity was in its thousands and on top of that they had a dj playing music for us. This is the boardwalk's normal capacity (or more) on a regular day. It was great to see this many people come out to lend a helping hand. Once the boardwalk was finally cleared it was like magic, a mission being accomplished. I know I was proud of what I contributed too. Our next task, was at 2866 W. 16th St. & Mermaid Ave. clearing out the basement of this person's home who have been affected by Hurricane Sandy. Coney Island Recovers are a non-profit organization/ relief fund that provide service to the residence of Coney Island who suffered during the hurricane 2 weeks ago. Coney Island is going through some hard times and they need all the support and people power anyone can give them. There are still a lot of businesses after 2 weeks that haven't been reopened. A lot of lights and gas that haven't been restored. This weekend, I wanted to share my support and lend a hand and let them know that I care and that I'am on their side. Despite the floody, gewy, basement covered in damp and damaged mildew and sheet rock. There are people out here suffering who lost everything. I'm standing in a basement with a team and we're helping the owner's place their damaged property onto the curb. I received a lot of sand in my sneakers. A lot of filth and all kinds of gunk on my clothes. I'm sweating all over. This was not your typical day in Coney Island. There were NO SURFING, NO DIVING, NO HOVER BOARDING, NO NUDE SUNBATHING. Just pure hard work and labor from dedicated volunteers to help rebuild, Coney Island for 20-13. We had a lot of people from different places come out here today just to get involved... Australia, Venice, Ca, Los Angelos, Ca, New Jersey, Queens, Williamsburg, Park Slope, the N.Y.C. Council were out here. The Coney Island Dancers were out here. Sandy touched a lot of people and motivated a lot of people and with that motivation it gave people the strength to come out here and do things like what we are doing here this afternoon. Or, the motivation to start non-profit organization and funds in support to the survivors of Hurricane Sandy. Anyone interested in learning more about Coney Island Recovers visit www.coneyrecovers.org, other contributing websites: HURRICANE SANDY NEW JERSEY RELIEF FUND make donation at: www.sandynjrelieffund.org, THE MAYOR'S FUND TO ADVANCE NEW YORK CITY www.nyc.gov/fund, TEXT nycfund TO 50555 TO MAKE A $10.00 DONATION I had a great time it bought a smile onto my face. Once I seen the boardwalk, finally cleared and free to walk for the neighborhood pedestrians.... "DOING GOOD BRINGS JUSTICE TO MY HEART!!!" ____________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.linkedin.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: