Sunday, November 18, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER NOVEMBER 2012 ISSUE #07

CHASING ICE AT THE CINEMA VILLAGE 22 EAST 12TH STREET NYC I can use another attempt at capturing "ICE". Last week, I never fully captured it all and on top of it I did manage to get myself into a minor confrontation with a grumpy old geezer at the theater. I'm kind of no different than, James Balog "I NEVER QUIT!" The only difference, my knowledge of glaciers stem from Raekwon The Chef "Glaciers of Ice". I was given another, opportunity to witness the screening of "Chasing Ice". Thanks to Beanie Brady, Dorit and Greg I. Hamiltion for this chance. All I needed to do was promote for my free tickets. I had to get on my old school, "We Are The Streets Promotion" shit, ya feel me. Basically, encouraging neighborhood passer byes to purchase tickets for tonight's viewing of "Chasing Ice". Chasing Ice will be in theaters until Thursday (Thanksgiving). After, Thursday the film will no longer be in theaters. This film "Chasing Ice" is not to be confused with any Cash Money/ Young Money hoopla, lol! The film speaks on a topic that I hear a lot but still is not familiar with "global warming". I know, what global warming is but then again I don't know. Chasing Ice is here to fill in any gaps and misconceptions we may have about global warming.
The documentary is about 70 minutes and within that amount of time. The film stresses the importance of global warming, climate changes and the calving of the glaciers. The calving of glaciers are when it splinters or rather detach. Before I go any further, I don't want to say I'm stupid or anything but I'm watching a film that is pretty much above my education level. I'm keeping it real. A few years earlier, you would never catch me watching a film with such magnitude. I'm trying my best to keep up with the film. I always find that the best ways to grasp any concept of anything would be through analogies. I heard two analogies throughout the film and it probably helped me to understand things a little more clearer. This film wasn't created to show documentary proof on how to "STOP" global warming. The film's sole purpose is to show everyone that it exist. The film is based on the work of Geomorphologist' James Balog. A Geomorphologist is the study of Geomorphology... the scientific study of formation, alteration and configuration of landforms and their relationships with underlying structures. James Balog, conducted a study consisting of two Glaciolist. They formed a special survey unit: E. I. S. (Extreme Ice Survey) and for months and months they began they're survey of studying glaciers and climate changes. I just want everyone to know, this all occurred in 2005 (That's for the people who didn't see the film) Every six months, James Balog and the E.I.S. Unit will travel back and check the cameras. Yeah, that's right they had automatic recordings set on their cameras to record any changes to the earth's climate. The first, six months was a failure to the project. None of the cameras recorded and it was due to its "voltage regulator". A "Voltage Regulator" is designed to automatically maintain a constant voltage level. I felt kind of bad for James Balog when that occurred. Your waiting six months for evidence or some kind of proof but there's a glitch in the system that really sucked for him. Once they corrected the problem they were able to score footage on their next journey. They traveled to Greenland, Alaska, Columbia. By 2007, the glaciers started dying and you can see the ice melting and forming stream-like rivers of ice. You can even see the greenery on the mountains. To me and I'm sure everyone will agree. The best part of this film happen to be the ending. I believe they were in Columbia, glacier watching aka watching ice. LOL, that is so funny because the closest most people ever came to watching ice is window shopping, lol! New York City or Manhattan which ever one you want to choose. We're such a small state with huge office buildings and apartment buildings. I don't know, what's more horrifying. Imagine buildings like the Empire State Building tumbling down or a 300-600 feet glacier that's stretched out to 5 miles finally calving down, right in front of your eyes. That was some scary shit and probably the best way to end the film. The glacier took about 75 minutes to calve. James Balog, finally got to record a calving of a glacier and witness various climate changes within that course of time. The only downfall to that James Balog didn't get to see it from a physical stand point. He had to sit that one out due to his fourth knee surgery. He sent the other member's of the E.I.S. Unit to cover it. James Balog, a man on a mission. He just wouldn't rest until his project was a success. DETERMINATION I admire that in a man. Why can't I find a man like that. Anyway its been a lovely evening. I would like to thank once again... Beanie Brady, Dorit and Greg I. Hamilton for tonight. To Cinema Village and Lincoln Center for viewing "Chasing Ice". Be sure to catch some ice by Thursday before the film is removed from the theaters. This is Dj Handspin Dinero, "Your Favorite Writer's Favorite Writer!" until next time.
"COMING SOON TO THE CINEMA VILLAGE: "MUMIA; LONG DISTANCE REVOLUTIONARY" ______________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.linkedin.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: