Saturday, July 21, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2012 ISSUE # 06

"DENNY MOE'S SUPERSTAR BARBERSHOP IS CUTTIN' 4 A CURE: 48 HOUR BARBER'S MARATHON AND HEALTH AWARENESS FRIDAY, JULY 20TH - SUNDAY, JULY 22ND
On my way, Uptown to get a haircut, "hehe". When was the last time I walked into a barbershop. Growing up, I can only recall three of my favorite childhood, Barbershop. Let's see, there was Vinny's Barbers on Nostrand & Farragut then later relocated to Schenectady & Ave D. I later found, William's Barbers on Rogers & Beverly, after Vinny's Barbers had closed down. Then surprisingly, I discovered Xclusif Barbers on Flatbush & Farragut and fell in love. I didn't fall in love because of its barbers. Although it wouldn't have been a shock. It was more for the spelling of the shop's name "XCLUSIF". This was an Haitian Barber shop, "XCLUSIF" in english means "EXCLUSIVE". I thought that was an unique spelling and a great expression directed towards the beauty of perfecting heads. For many years the barber shop has been established as the first official "Men's Club". Especially at a time where all men weren't free and allowed to enter any particular men's club. Whether it was over the basis of race, religion, residence, creed, education and so forth. A barber shop is always the place you can count on. What do you expect to find, once you enter a barber shop. First thing your guaranteed to see is a store full of men. Look at that, sounds good already. Unless there are father's on the premise out with their little men for some "FATHER N SON" moments. Having little kids in places like barber shops only gave them another facility to learn. Education does not only have to be within the walls of a school building. You'll be surprise of the things you would hear in a barber shop. It's sort of similar like learning things on the street corner with your buddies. Basically, what I'm saying if a barbershop was actually a school it would be "RATED R" education. Whether everyone who comes to a barbershop knows it or not. The conversations that we speak among each other are "JEWELS"
Give it up, everybody to Denny Moe's Barbers. I'm standing out here in Harlem on Frederick Douglas btw West 133rd & West 134th. What's going down, right now is something amazing to my ears. When it was first introduced to me over the airwaves of Video Music Box. Ralph Mc Daniels plugging the upcoming 48 hour Barbershop Marathon and Healthfair a few weeks back. There is also another Barbershop Marathon and Healthfair taking place as well. It's going down in Queens at Mr Rooney's 110-48 Merrick Blvd btw 110th Rd. & 111th Av. "SUPPORT THE CAUSE: CUT FOR A CURE!"
I needed to see this gathering for myself and if anything possible get involved. I want to do my best to support their cause but I do not know what to expect. I don't plan to stay out here the whole 48 hours. I actually, wish I could do that. I'll enjoy as much as I can before my departure this evening.
I would like to talk if I can about this weekends barbers marathon and health fair. I'm sitting in the shop "Denny Moe's" as I mentioned earlier on Frederick Douglas Boulevard. This store and operation is started by the brainchild Ceo, Dennis "Denny Moe" Mitchell. I understand, this is "Cutting 4 A Cure" 3rd Annual Barbershop Marathon and Healthfair. From what I understand, its purpose is to raise money for the community. Raise money for people of poverty, unemployment and senior citizenship who lack the appropriate funds needed to seek medical attention. This is all, "Cutting 4 A Cure" is all about its just a place where people can come today throughout the rest of the weekend looking to seek health awareness. There is going to be a lot of things happening today and throughout the weekend. Don't just come to Denny Moe's, this weekend for the live performances and then leave. Actually stay awhile and participate and support what they're doing. Because what they are doing, they're doing it for you.
Whoever comes here do not just expect to only pay for a haircut. A lot of what is being offered, pretty much has price on it. For instance there's the "Cutting 4 A Cure" T-Shirt going for $10.00 and there's another design going for $20.00. You have various candy bars going for $2.00 apiece. Next, there is a raffle where you can win various prizes depending on how much your willing to spend per ticket. Anything from an Ipad to an 7 day all expense paid trip to Antigua. I guess, the only thing that would be free here. Are the medical information pamphlet and the condoms, well you can never have too much condoms. They're having testing, different kinds of testing.... high blood pressure, std/sti. Oooh, std/sti I could really use one of those due to my lifestyle but I'll save that for my own primary care. You wouldn't be surprise how many people are not able to say that they have a primary care. That is why, I stress the importance of attending this weekends "Cutting 4 A Cure" 48 Barbers Marathon and Health fair but don't just only support this one weekend. "SUPPORT IT FOR LIFE!"
There did come a time when I finally put the pen down and gotten my haircut. If you were to ask me, when was the last time I've been too a barbershop. I wouldn't be able to tell you. Let's just put today, as my return back to the barbershop. I know, I spoke in the beginning how great a barbershop is to a man. It's like having there own men's club. I guess, you can say for years I've been excommunicated from the men's club. For many years, I trained myself how to cut and trim my own hair and beard. My skills have gotten so great to the point I started to learn how to cut and trim other hair from other parts of my body. This is a more intense and detailed conversation but you get the point. Anyway I'm back and happy for the haircut that I received today. I would like to thank, Trimz who was barber this afternoon. I understand, he owns Trimz Barber Shop in Freeport, LI. He's been a proprietor of that establishment since 1992. Trimz Barber Shop located at 20 Guy Lombardo Ave Freeport, N.Y. 11520 (516) 867-1466 www.trimzbarbershop.com. Trimz is just one of the few guest barbers that will be on deck for the next 48 hours. There will be barbers coming from other cities, states and even continents invited to "CUT 4 THA CURE!"
I'm on my way back from Denny Moe's. The rain did manage to calm down. I had a good time today, an edutainment type of day it was. Very inspiring and knowledgeable. It's as if, my mother was there pounding the words of good health, nutrition and exercise on my eardrums. It's okay, at least there was entertainment. Now, Mom why can't your health awareness lectures be this entertaining. I'm just glad, I was able to make my way down here, this afternoon. I don't think, I'll be able to return within the next 48 hours but if I don't I just want to say, thank you to the Denny Moe's/ Cutting 4 A Cure movement for making all of this possible the last three years. I wish you all the best not just in the next 48 hours but I wish you all the best in your continued future endeavors.
I would like to thank all the doctor's who came through today., Dr Cohall, Dr Whai. I apologize if maybe the spelling is incorrect and I'm sorry I can not remember all the other doctor's names who were here and participated and ignited open forums. Thank you to all the performers as well, who took part and showed some support. Thanks for your appearance and performance. Whoever is going to be around tomorrow, there will be some more performers in the house... Nice and Smooth will be here, Ralph Mc Daniels and the Video Music Box crew will be here. Cutting 4 A Cure... "SWEAT 4 A CURE THE SWEAT PARTY will be here, going down around the corner inside PS 92's school yard from 4pm-7pm. Later on going down at "MIDNIGHT" "MIDNIGHT" "MIDNIGHT" "MIDNIGHT MADNESS WITH SMOKEY SUAREZ & FRIENDS" inside Denny Moe's. Sounds like Saturday going into Sunday is going to be a blast. Come out this weekend to Denny Moe's have a good time and in the meantime get some incite on ways you can live and eat better.
Rusty Jabbz will be logging off but stick around with Denny Moe's for the next couple of ????? I never was good at math, let just say continue on to Sunday the 22nd.
For anymore information feel free to visit: www.cutting4acure.com, (212)691-0095 "WE DON'T ONLY CUT HAIR, WE HELP SAVE LIVES!"
______________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: