Monday, July 16, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2012 ISSUE # 04 (EDITORIAL EDITION)

BROOKLYN BODEGA PRESENTS... 8TH ANNUAL BROOKLYN HIP HOP FESTIVAL FEATURING BUSTA RHYMES & FRIENDS LIVE ON PIER 3-BROOKLYN BRIDGE PARK SATURDAY, JULY 14, 2012
Making moves to the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival, everything should be on and crackin'. I'm expecting, a new year record broken than last year based off its capacity. I want to thank my man, Matt Diamond of Diamond Music Group/ Coalmine Records who screen printed this T-shirt I'm wearing today. I finally decided to cut off the tags and wear it in style. It's an excellent design put together of one of my favorite 70's exploitation films "The Warriors". The same way, The Warriors came out to play. Now, it's my turn. I never know, what to expect at the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival aka "BROOKLYN SUMMER JAM". That is what always makes the value of their occasion worth its wild.
This isn't what I expected to become, "a mouse". Seriously, that is how it feels as we travel through this maze that they call a park. Apparently, Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival, its location been relocated and no one knows where it is. We're all walking through the streets of Dumbo like a chicken with its head cut off. Everyone eventually found it down at this, new location pier 3. I never been to the Brooklyn Bridge Park, before. I see Brooklyn is still competing with Manhattan and Queensbridge especially. What's this I see here, boat riding in Brooklyn. We would try anything to bring tourists to our borough. I'm not going to hate though..."I LOVE BROOKLYN TOO!!".
I finally made it to the entrance where I connected with some of my homies. As usual they're out there trippin' over the cost of today's event and making a big deal out of it, $40.00, $15.00. "THIS IS AN OFFICIAL HIP HOP SHOW" whatever price Brooklyn Bodega lays on it. Is an excellent price. I already started taking notes to prepare my blog. I should be inside securing my spot closest to the stage to gain great camera projection. These dudes not even paying me any attention. They're all into their conversation (hip hop, sports, retro radio, comic books and Gi Joe Cartoons). I'm about to shut them down and go inside in a few minutes. I did eventually get unto the line. Wow, this park is huge. I hope that's not the reason, why the price went up to $40.00,LOL. Just kidding, everyone knows NYC Parks are free but then again in this neighborhood. I'm rather uncertain.
Why is it, no matter where you go white people just love sitting on the ground. God if its not the ground there sitting on, then its either sand or grass. The point being there always sitting on something without protecting their clothing. And, they have the nerve to say we don't have class. Actually most black people don't have class except this one. It's just that when you recently iron your jeans and shirt. You want to look sharp for Busta Rhymes and L.O.N.S.
There are a lot of things taking place here. Shout out to some of the vendors... New Era, MCMI, Sacred Stitch, Zip Car, the Redbull Mobile DJ Truck with Dj Wayne Ski & Dj Bazarro kicking up the noise. We got Blue Ribbon in the house, y'all know wherever there is a rap party. The rap party beer got to be there to. Rusty Jabbz give a shout for today's hosts: Kosha Dillz and Video Music Box Icon, Ralph Mc Daniels. I want to thank Ralph Mc Daniels for last night's episode of Video Music Box. I just loved the way, you was gettin' everyone prepared for today's Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival. Especially, them special dance mix video for both, Notorious B.I.G. "Juicy" and Ol' Dirty Bastard "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" that was something crazy you played. You know what else was crazy, hearing Marty Markowitz spit a dope rhyme. He must have a ghostwriter or something, I can see MC Marty Mark is getting better. Way to go Marty like my shirt says "CAN YOU DIG IT!". I want to thank Marty Markowitz for passing through to pay tribute and shed light about the upcoming 30th Anniversary Martin Luther King Jr Concert Series in Wingate Field, starting Mon. Jul. 16th.
How many people are tired of emcees coming out of Brownsville? I'm Sorry, I'm not trying to sound blunt. Its just that we already have various emcees reppin' the streets of Brownsville, past and present. Kosha Dillz standing on stage introducing the festival's first act K.Y. and praising him like he's a big deal. I don't even, "FUCKIN'"know who K.Y. is. To me, he's just another ni*@er trying to get off and out of the streets of BROOKLYN! Next up was someone a little more official and it didn't surprise me that, he would be introduced by his favorite media outlet "Video Music Box". Rusty Jabbz, put your hands together for Bronx's own Sam Hill. A definite, New York Boom Bap hip hop kingpin. If not, then perhaps a prince will be suffice. Most definitely, the brother is a poet. "A Poet Using His Art For Design". You can catch Sam Hill, every now and then at theartoflyrics, monthly Bronx Underground Hip Hop Showcase. Check them out at http://theartoflyrics.blogspot.com
I thought this was kind of old school. I didn't think people still spell fat like this, P.H.A.T. I assume that the next artist to perform, spelled fat'... P.H.A.T. Welcome to the stage, Phat Tony, I'm sorry I may not have gotten your partner's name. I want to apologize for that if I missed any names, song titles throughout this entry. Please accept my apologies for not listening clear enough or it could be due to the deafness in my ears. These speakers are blazing, I hope I will be able to survive until the Busta Rhymes performance. Okay I got his partner's name, its Tom Cruze. He's another one, I do not have any idea how he spells his name. I assume its not like the actor, "Tom Cruise". I spelled it the ebonics way. I could feel both, Phat Tony's & Tom Cruze's music even though I never heard of neither one of them. They're 2 Houston, Texas emcees by way of Nigeria, Africa. They pretty much have they're own swag but they can take it to there Houston, Texas/ Down South residence shit. I enjoyed their set but of course don't take my word for it. I have no idea whether they're talented... all I heard was "BITCHES" & "HOES", "BITCHES" & "HOES". I don't think if that should be a category that makes an emcee talented. Then again, I'm deaf ... Hey Phat Tony did you pay the soundman to bump up the decibels a little higher to deafen the crowd. PHAT TONY "DOUBLE DRAGON" IN STORES NOW ON YOUNG BLOOD RECORDS
After, Phat Tony & Tom Cruze, the Festival started to get crunk. I'm sorry, Brooklyn its always the southerners that make that happen. The last two acts before, Busta Rhymes were Kosha Dillz and all the way from the Westside, Chewy. I like this guy, he was funny and entertaining. He kind of, remind me of, one of those old school Cali Emcees like from Oaktown. He has that Pharcyde, Souls Of Mischief type swag but he also has a personality like E40. I particularly like the songs he made dedicated to both, weed and unemployment. One song is for those heads like me, who are unable to find weed dealers. The other song is for those heads like me, who are unemployed and having trouble looking for work. Those were songs I can most definitely relate too. There was another song, I liked that Chewy did. It was a song influenced by the movie, House Party "I Rock The Party". There was one more song I enjoyed "She's Foxy". This cat, Chewy he had quite a few joints. He wasn't trying to leave the stage. I could tell he had more for us. He didn't care if Busta Rhymes was up next. Sun traveled from Cali to B.K., he wanted his spotlight. Dj Handspin and Rusty Jabbz is grateful for having your spotlight live this evening.
This indeed has been a beautiful site. A beautiful site to view and capture the people from high up above, on the sidelines of the highway just watching the concert. I can imagine the terrific view if I was inside a airplane or helicopter flying by and looking down among the people. As they prepare for our main event of the week. I'm keeping it real because Busta Rhymes and L.O.N.S., reunion this is more than just a one day anticipation of excitement and adrenaline. If there is any dj who can keep's its crowd adrenaline pumping...It's Dj Scratchator. Dam, how many times am I going to see, Dj Scratch. I recently attended his live Scratchvision, this past Wednesday in Best Buy. Its bad enough, I had a seizure during his live show. Which force them to close the stream temporarily. We can't forget a month ago (June 14, 2012) EPMD & Dj SCRATCH @ Herbert Von King Park. If I keep this up, Dj Scratch going to think I'm stalking him.
This crowd is really on fire for Busta, all over the place, me included. I have it all captured on my camera (I Think?) Woooo!, bye the way. I hope none of you, bump into me and cause a damage to my camera. Any type of damage to my camera, you'll receive that same type of damage back to you. Just a little P.S.A. I'm not trying to threaten anybody. So far, Busta going hard with this Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival. This is what everyone came to see. Although, at one point the crowd's adrenaline calm down. That's when you know, UH OH BUSTA'S PERFORMING HIS J RECORDS YEARS C'mon Bus' no one wants to hear you sing like Barry Manilow. Get back to your Elektra years. I feel like, I'm working with the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit. Just from the way I notice the crowd's behavior changed. C'mon Bus' don't do this to us. You got heads up in here that paid $40 to see you. We been out here all day in the hot sun, dirty, stinking and sweating heat. You better bring Zhan'e on stage cause we wanna party.
Busta, eventually liven things up by throwing out a lot of new joints that he got coming out. You could here the Young Money, in the music but only Busta could make it sound proper. Much respect to Busta for his J-Dilla tribute, the god have done a lot of work with J-Dilla. Some released and some unreleased. "RIP to one of the greatest producers, J-Dilla".
I would like to thank, Brooklyn Bodega for another successful year of the "Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival". I would like to thank, Busta Rhymes and friends for making this concert, what it is. Truthfully if it wasn't for Busta's friends I don't think I would have paid so much money to attend. Come on, let's go down Busta's list of friends for the night: "Spliff Starr", "Lil' Fame of M.O.P.", "Buck Shot", "Smif N Wessun", "Reek Da Villian" and come on man these last three "Slick Rick", "A Tribe Called Quest" and most importantly "LEADERS OF THE NEW SCHOOL". There you have it, what a roster. Those are some good friends to have. I would extremely like to thank, L.O.N.S. It's been 21 years, since we've seen the likes of Dinco D, Charlie Brown and Busta Rhymes all unite together. I'm glad they were able to do it this evening. I'm also, glad that Brooklyn Bodega were the one's who made it happen.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: