Friday, July 13, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2012 ISSUE # 03

BEST BUY AND SCRATCHVISION PRESENTS... DJ SCRATCH AND FRIENDS LIVE @ BEST BUY-UNION SQUARE WEDNESDAY, JULY 11, 2012 7-11PM PERFORMING LIVE: THE BROOKLYN BANDITS
There are so much going down this week, where do I begin. Last night, I heard it was Chubb Rock and Kurtis Blow, live in Crotona Park. Tonight, I hear there doing it up again in Crotona Park with Nice and Smooth, Ed O.G. and The Awesome Two. A lot of real hip hop flava in the B.X. but tonight my vision are set on Scratchvision, live at Best Buy/ Union Square. It's going to be crazy, this evening. A live dj broadcast over Scratchvision.com with guest appearances by Dj Scratch, Dj Clark Kent, Dj Kenny Dope, Dj Spinna, Dj Kid Capri, Dj Spinderella, Dj Cash Money, Dj Chuck Chillout, Dj June, Dj Natasha Diggs, Dj Forest Gettum Gump and of course writing, filming and taking pictures is yours truly, Dj Handspin Dinero. So let's get this party started!
I'm gettin' ready to bring it to UNION SQUARE!... C'mon on now, say it with me "BRING IT TO UNION SQUARE, BRING IT TO UNION SQUARE, BRING IT TO UNION SQUARE" Okay, I admit it probably would of sounded much better if the Palladium was still ineffect. We're still gonna, ball like its 1984 but before I do so, I must get myself something to eat. Two reasons, I hate showing up to an event on time. I like to show up, when the party is rocking and the beats are knocking. Plus, I'm hungry I would like to indulge in my craving for a chicken roll. Don't worry this is, your favorite writer's favorite writer. I got everything on lock for this evening.
Arrived at Best Buy, just as expected a crowd ready, willin' and anticipatin' what's in store. This evening's broadcast of scratchvision is actually being viewed live, right now. Anybody who lives in the Union Square area, feel free to hop on over, down to Best Buy. Or, simply log onto www.scratchvision.com, we'll be here all evening. Dj Scratch will be hosting, tonight's affair as well as djing later on. For those of you, who do not know about tonight's event. This is not anything special. However, if you are unfamiliar with tonight's event that can only mean one thing. You are not registered with scratchvision. If you haven't registered with scratchvision. I advise you to do so. Don't just take my word for it. See it for yourself. Take, what you see here this evening as an "EDUTERTAINMENT" experience.
Oh my god, I can't believe it. As Dj Scratch introduces the first dj of the night. I notice, who she was... "DJ JUNE". Ah man, it's been a longtime. I remember her from the days of the "BIG DAWG PITBULLS". Speaking of Big Dawg Pitbulls did I just see, Big Kap walk pass my camera. In fact, numerous people keep walking pass my camera while I'm taping on some disrespectful shit. I'm going to have to edit her, set real well. Anyway, it was lovely seeing Dj June again. I hear, she's like Atlantic City Finest these days... that's no doubt. At least, June is in a much better d.j. crew. "F*%K THE BIG DAWG PITBULLS!!!"
We all know, who Queen Latifah is? And, we all know who discovered Queen Latifah. It was Dj Mark The 45 King. I just want to go on record and say, I never actually seen Mark The 45 King, dj with 45s. To be honest, the only type of djs that I know that ever dj'd with 45's are Dancehall Reggae Sounds. I remember, them days that's how ya boy, Dj Handspin Dinero got his start. Well, anyway this right here was something different and amazing. Rusty Jabbers give it up to Natasha Diggs The 45 Queen. Exactly like her name say, cuts, scratches and mixes nothing but rare grooves on 45s. I find it, to be DOPE and EXPENSIVE. It's an honor and a privilege to be able to obtain certain records. You understand what I'm saying. The cost to pay for records, loss records, unreleased records, re-mixed and remastered records. You must consider the taxes and import fees to ship a song your particularly looking for from one continent to another. I'm just saying that is not something a broke dj can afford. And, if you were here to witness the beautiful case that she has stacked with nothing but 45s. What else would you think except that she's a successful dj. I mean, I can also think that those 45s just happen to be its original recordings. Which is also hard to believe that its the original pressings kept in good shape for all of these years.
Wait, hold on! I think, I see Dj Spinderella in the background. OMG, its about to get ugly out here, back to back female turntablists. Of course, before she takes the stand. We still have to hear from the 45 Queen's partner... Dj Operator EMZ taking over the 1 and 2's "45 STYLE!!" So, I guess you do have a 45 King and Queen who can both, grace the presence with pure excellence of the rare grooves. I'm enjoying every moment of their mixed tag team dj extravaganza. I feel bad for those of you, who weren't able to come out here and witness tonight's excitement. Do not have any worries. You can catch, Dj Operator EMZ & Natasha Diggs live every monday online for "MOBILE MONDAYS!" on http://emz.podomatic.com
I'm starting to get very pissed off and tired of people. People keep walking, back and forth in front of my camera. Being so, blatantly disrespectful. Just totally, blocking my "SCRATCHVISION". I see, its time to break out the BIG GUNS! Yeah, that's right my cameras extendable stand. Now, let's see who's tall enough to walk by and block my lens.
Next up to bat is one of Uptown's finest and my finest, as well... Dj Tedsmooth. If there's anything, I love more than a dj/ turntablists. It's an chief rocka. It takes a lot for any dj to keep the crowd out their seats and off their feet. I always found that impressive. That is why, I strived for the fame to become a crowd motivator. I owe all my efforts to djs like Tedsmooth. After, hearing his set. I'm still no competition for him. Fine, that maybe so but at least I have gratitude for him. What admired me about Tedsmooth's set was his selection of miscellaneous records. The way, he just picked out various records and mixed them to a T. I'm talking, straight random from various genres. He killed it, with the Frank Sinatra "New York, New York. I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I wasn't in "The APT". Everybody, remembers "The APT" Monday nights with Bobbito Garcia. You want to see a dj perform and play to the crowd on some random off the wall, shit. Bobbito was the man! Speaking of Bobbito, I'm surprised he's not on tonight's roster. I could only imagine, the outcome of tonight if Scratch had him down.
Before, I go any further. I would like to take this time to apologize to Dj Scratch and all the djs in attendance and everyone in the crowd. I would like to apologize for my medical behavior. I had an seizure attack while standing in the audience and filming the performance. It occurred during Dj Forest Gettum Gump's set that must mean something, his set caused the seizure. It would not be a surprise to my brain going all wacko. I've been suffering with this illness for the past ten years. I would like to thank, Dj Scratch and Scratchvision and Best Buy for coming to my aide. I'm sorry you had to stop the show and freeze the website only to tend to me. I appreciate that love and support. The same love you showed me, I'm returning it back to you through my blogazine.
I spent time on the sidelines recuperating while the show kept on going on. Totally oblivious to what is going on. I'm sitting here waiting for the after effects to pass. Apparently I was out for a very longtime. It seems I missed out on Dj Kid Capri's set, Dj Spinderella's set. When I finally gained my consciousness, Dj Danny Dan was preparing to go on but still a bit dizzy. My total, strength wasn't fully restored until the next man. Which I'am glad for... a dj like Cash Money is someone you would want to stay on your p's and q's for.
After, Dj Cash Money's set I went home. Well not literally went home but it sure felt like home. I'm talking in the days of the 1980s. Late night radio, Friday and Saturday WBLS or Kiss FM with the 25 year radio dj icon, Chuck Chillout. I felt 37 minus 30 again. You always feel that way whenever, Chuck Chillout is on the mix.
We were now down to the main event. I was kind of skeptical when I seen "The Brooklyn Bandits". I was not quite sure who they were, at first I thought they were an rap group. I'm not in the mood to see any rap artists/ groups tonight. I came out here this evening to see dj's only. I'm on a turntablists binge tonight. Luckily that's who they were. Rusty Jabbers introducing.... "CLARK KENT", "KENNY DOPE", "DJ SCRATCH" AND "DJ SPINNA" THE BROOKLYN BANDITS AKA THE MILLION RECORD MARCH. LOL, I like that alias they chosen "Million Record March" its funny and it means something dominant. Especially if your an dj. This is an additional fourman dj squad, you need to have, (let me spell it out) "S-K-I-L-L-Z" to be down with them.
I enjoyed this night that both, Scratchvision and Best Buy put together. Tonight was Scratchvision's debut night live at Best Buy/Union Square. It felt more like everyone was at Union Square. Thank you to Steven Guillani, former owner of Union Square who stopped by earlier. I would like to say, thank you to all the djs who performed here this evening from Dj June to Natasha Diggs to Operator EMZ to Ted Smooth to Forest Gettum Gump to Kid Capri to Spinderella to Danny Dan to Cash Money to Chuck Chillout to Clark Kent to Kenny Dope to Spinna and most importantly the man who made this all happen, Dj Scratch. Thank you guys so much for making this night what it is. I would once again like to thank, Scratchvision and Best Buy for coming to my aide. I really appreciate it. You know, what else I appreciate. I appreciate the extra hour and ten minutes received by Best Buy to broadcast the show. It can only mean one thing, they were a hit and you know Dj Scratch and Friends will be back here again. Like I said, from earlier don't be a stranger to scratchvision. Get involved with its website, that's www.scratchvision.com "GET YA SCRATCHVISION BACK, LIKE I DID!!!"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: