Saturday, August 19, 2023

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter August 2023 Issue #07: Hip Hop 50; Native Tongue Edition: Part 02

It look like I'm going to be typing a two part edition of the Native Tongue Reunion. 👅 
I apologize for the first edition. I wasn't expecting to type that much. Y'all know me what happens when I get on my blog. Rusty Jabbz can't shut up, lol. 

I'm looking forward to this afternoon. I want to see a concert this afternoon that'll keep me talking. On the Native Tongue card, Dres from Black Sheep, Chi Ali, Monie Love, Kool Dj Red Alert 🚨 and The Jungle Brothers. There might be some surprises throughout the show. However, The Jungle Brothers that's whom I'm really forward too. 

Afrika Baby Bambaataa, Mike G and Dj
 Sammy B... The Jungle Brothers. I never seen these three perform together. I did see Afrika Baby Bambaataa perform once at a in store signing..

    Chi Ali

    Chi Ali

    Chi Ali
    
    Chi Ali and his son
     
    Monie Love 
     
    Monie Love 
    Monie Love 
    
    Special Ed 
    
    Special Ed 
    
    Special Ed 
    
    Kool Dj Red Alert 🚨 
   
    Kool Dj Red Alert 🚨 
    
    Psycho Les
    
    Mike G
    
    Afrika Baby Bambaataa 
    
    The Jungle Brothers 

I had an awesome this evening at the Native Tongue Reunion. Although it wasn't all cracked up to be. Everyone who were on the roster came through and did their thing from Chi Ali to The Jungle Brothers. 

Tonight's Summerstage ended kind of early.
Dres of Black Sheep was scheduled to perform. I heard various rumors throughout the crowd on why Dres didn't appear this evening. Whatever the exact reason is. God bless him. 
    
THIS IS HARLEM! Although I'm not from Harlem. I will be from Harlem tonight. 
Kool Dj Red Alert 🚨 for the remainder of the evening taking us back with them ol' skool classic-gems from the 70s, 80s and 90s. 

Let's pay our respect and homage to the Native Tongue members who aren't here physically but who are still with us in spirit...

REST IN POWER TO FALLING NATIVE 🙏🏻 TONGUE MEMBER:

JAMES "J-DILLA" YANCEY 
FEBRUARY 07, 1974 - FEBRUARY 10, 2006

CHRIS LIGHTY AKA BABY CHRIS
MAY 08, 1968 - AUGUST 30, 2012

MALIK "PHIFE DAWG" TAYLOR 
NOVEMBER 20, 1970 - MARCH 22, 2016

DAVID "TRUGOY THE DOVE" JOLICOEUR
SEPTEMBER 21, 1968 - FEBRUARY 12, 2023



NEXT WEEKEND SUMMERSTAGE EVENT AT  MARCUS GARVEY PARK & TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK:
CHARLIE PARKER JAZZ FESTIVAL NYC 2023
FRI., AUGUST 25TH @ 7PM ORRIN EVANS & THE CAPTAIN BLACK BIG BAND FEATURING DIANNE REEVES, TK BLUE, IN ASSOCIATION WITH JAZZMOBILE

SAT., AUGUST 26TH @ 3PM THE COOKERS, ENDEA OWENS & THE COOKOUT, NDUDUZO MAKHATHINI TRIO AND AKUA ALLRICH & THE TRIBE. 

SUN., AUGUST 27TH @ 3PM TOMPKINS SQUARE PARK, EAST VILLAGE CHARLES MCPHERSON WITH TERELL STAFFORD, SOMETHING ELSE!, VINCENT HERRING SEPTET HERA FEATURING CHELSEA BARATZ & ANDROMEDIA TURRE, MICHAEL MAYO

No comments: