Saturday, August 19, 2023

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter August 2023 Issue #06: Hip Hop; Native Tongue Edition:" Part 01

Happy 50th Birthday Hip Hop πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ
Happy 36th Birthday to the Native Tongue.πŸ‘… 
If I'm correct I believe the Native Tongue were started in 1987 by everyone's favorite dj in 80's "KOOL DJ RED ALERT!"

Happy Belated-Birthday to Marcus Garvey.
I know everyone came out here to see this reunion this evening. 
Before we get into tonight's events we need to discuss where we at, Marcus Garvey Park.
I would like to thank Summerstage for all the bookings this summer. In the different parks throughout the city. Alot of people travel to these events but they have no idea of where they are traveling to. Let me just drop a little education on ya.
I would like to pay homage to Marcus Mosiah Garvey born in August 17, 1887. 
Marcus Garvey was a Jamaican Political Activist who established the Universal Negro Improvement Communities in 1914. U. N. I. C. for short. In 1916, Marcus Garvey moved the U. N. I. C. to  Harlem, NY. 
U. N. I. C. grew in membership. The purpose of the  U. N. I. C. were for black people to believe in financial independence against a white dominated society. 
Marcus Garvey launched various businesses in the United States. He launched the Negro Factories Corporation, the Negro World Newspaper, the Black Star Line. 
In 1923, Marcus Garvey was convicted of mail fraud. Then, four years (1927) later  deported back to Jamaica where he established himself as an coucillor. 
In 1935 Marcus Garvey went to London, England to relocate the U. N. I. C. 
In 1940 Marcus Garvey passed away in London, England. 
In 1964 Marcus Garvey body was returned to Jamaica to be buried in the Kingston National Park. 

I just wanted to drop some quick knowledge on Marcus Garvey. The park we come to visit. I wanted people to know who this man was just in case you didn't have any knowledge of him. 

         AUGUST 17, 1887 - JUNE 10, 1940


No comments: