Sunday, August 6, 2023

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter August 2023 Issue #02 "HIP HOP 50th SPECIAL EDITION"

Dj Handspin Dinero is back, lol. No WWE wrestling editing today. Let's go back 50 years of Hip Hop where it all began, 1520 Sedgwick Avenue created by legendary Dj Kool Herc and so many other mixmasters from The Bronx like Afrika Bambaataa, Grandmaster Flash, Grandwizard Theodore, Kid Capri. Hip Hop was created in The Bronx. "Up in The Bronx where the people were fresh." I bet y'all don't remember who wrote that line. 

I'm on my way to the Uncle Ralph Hip Hop 50th Special Edition in Coney Island on the  amphitheater. 
It turns out I wasn't late. The event haven't even began yet. A long line of real Hip Hoppers. Dam man, I wasn't expecting to stand in the hot sun.
I finally made through it the door. For a moment I was getting worried. I started thinking you need a ticket to attend this event. Then I said, nuh Uncle Ralph wouldn't do that.

Good blessings, to Ray DeJohn. I don't know the last time I've seen this man on Video Music Box. Ray DeJohn that's where he got his start. If it wasn't for Uncle Ralph, no one would know who Ray DeJohn is. I heard Ray DeJohn had stroke recently. I'm just happy to see you've survived it.

Damn, Rah Digga ain't getting no love. The crowd is very lackadaisical. They acting like they never heard of Rah Digga. Rah Digga is out here hyping up the crowd for Rampage.
Rah Digga got an album coming out in a couple of months. From this crowds reaction I don't think they care. Flipmode Squad is working on a new album. Where was Rampage? I can't say, Busta Rhymes. You think Busta Rhymes would come out to an event like this in Coney Island. At least Rampage is still hood. People still remember who he is. 

    Donald D
   
  
    MC Sparky D 

   Dj Fame 

    Sweet T

    Dres

   Dres and Chi Ali 

    Rah Digga

    Rah Digga and her man, Rashid 

    Buckshot 

    CL Smooth 
      
    Masta Ace

    Special Ed

    Dj Akshun

    Greg Nice and Smooth B
     
    Greg Nice mixing with the crowd 
   
    Smooth B 

    Greg Nice 

Nice and Smooth closing out the night. I had an awesome night. I have an awesome night every year in Coney Island at the Amphitheater. It's been tradition for me. Enjoying a day of hip hop in the hot sun on the Coney Island boardwalk. Enjoying some of my emcee finest. 
I just want to thank all the hip hop heads who came out today. I hope y'all had fun and a good time with your family. 
I hope everyone enjoyed the performances. I know they enjoyed the food, the endo and the beer. I can tell from the modelo cans all over the place. I just want to thank everyone that's getting high up in here. I forgot to bring my weed. I don't think I needed too. There's so much chronic smoke in the air. I'm getting high off of 2nd hand smoke, lol. 




   MC Sparky D 

    

No comments: