Friday, August 11, 2023

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter August 2023 Issue #04 "HIP HOP TURNS 50 TODAY!"

Today is the day that Hip Hop was born, August 11, 1973 in the Bronx on Sedgwick
Avenue. Give it up to the man who created hip hop, Dj Kool Herc. 
How many of y'all know the first hip hop record they ever heard? My first hip hop record ever heard was Frankie Smith "The Double Dutch Bus". I remember when my older brother played that record. The Double Dutch Bus, it was like something I never heard before. Then my brother started playing alot of other records around the crib like Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five "The Message", Sugarhill Gang "Rapper's  Delight", Afrika Bambaataa and the Soul Sonic Force "Planet Rock". Hearing tunes like those back then made me want to sign up and become apart of the Hip Hop culture. 
I'm glad I signed up. 50 years and I'm still representing, despite the garbage shit that's coming out now.

There are alot of events going on tonight for the 50th of Hip Hop. The main one taking place tonight is in the Bronx at the Yankees stadium. Alot of high-class emcees, old school and new school will be performing tonight. Alot of high-class celebrities will be in the house as well. Put your hands together for Hip Hop. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ 
I hope everyone will have a good time but I have my mind set for tonight at Prospect Park. BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn and Hip Hop 50 along with Digable Planets 30, WOOOO! 
Digable Planets is 30 years old today that's what's up. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ  I know alot of y'all came out tonight for Hip Hop 50. It look real good to see the capacity of the crowd come out for Digable Planets.
How many of y'all even know who Digable Planets is? 
Can y'all name each member of the group?
What were there particular style of Hip Hop?
From the massive amount of people inside the park tonight. I believe my questions are answered. 
Digable Planets celebrating 30 years for being together. I believe its more than just celebrating 30 years for being together. It's celebrating 30 years as a group. Give it up to the hip hop groups. The longest lasting, longest running hip hop group. Give a big round of applause to Digable Planets. πŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ


The Digable Planets 30th year anniversary was off the hook. My favorite part of the show was when Digable Planets introduced there two bass guitarist and they had there own set going on. Killing it on the strings, lol.

I know everyone loved it but let's not forget our openers. I missed the first act but I arrived on time to witness a remarkable emcee from the midwest. Who goes by the name, Kari Faux. She put on a good show with a plethora of good music. I recall, Kari stating she haven't been in the game for four years now. After what I've heard, she's ready to make her come back. 

I just want to thank everyone for coming out tonight. I had a great time. It isn't often that I come out my home, especially lately with my health. I'am glad I came tonight to be among a crowd of Hip Hop followers and honor the culture for the next 50 years. "HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY HIP HOP!" 

This Sunday, August 13th I hope everyone will be in attendance for the street naming of Dj KaySlay (RIP)

No comments: