Sunday, April 24, 2016

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2016 ISSUE #07 "NEIGHBOR'S 2: SORORITY RISING" SCREENING

  GOOD UNIVERSE/ DIRECTED BY: NICHOLAS STOLLER/ UNIVERSAL

Here I am back at it again. It's your favorite writer's favorite writer, Handspin Dinero. I would like to thank my man, Sha-King for tonight's screening ticket to view, "Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising. I have my heart set on tonight followed by the rest of the weekend. It's been quite some time since I've attended one of these specific screenings. Nothing haven't changed. I'm still prepared for the long line of people I must deal with. That is why, I'm bringing along my lawn folding chair for comfort as I wait in the middle of all that mayhem. Wish me luck, Jabbaz!

I made it on time to tonight's screening and early, probably for my first time. Apparently I didn't need the lawn folding chair after all. The theater wasn't that crowded. There were a lot of remaining seats trying to be filled. They spent about an hour playing, musical chairs, lol. However, I did regret caring the lawn folding chair out this evening. I really paid for it, for its lack of use and inconvenience.

It wasn't until 6pm, when the film finally began. At first I was intrigued, I couldn't hear a thing. I was like, "Wait, a minute I know this ain't no silent movie!". It was good that the theater agreed along with me. This didn't sit well with quite a few members of the audience. Having to release their emotions in such loud outburst. I thought that whole scenery was awesome. I love anything that is considered, ghetto. It only turned out that there was a problem with the sound. Once the problem was taken care of, we proceeded back to tonight's screening.

I'm going to be honest. When I receive these invites for these screenings. I do not have any idea of what the film happens to be about. What I usually have are my own thoughts and ideas of what the film may be about. It appears that 99% of the time I'm wrong. Let's take tonight's screening of the Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising. Believe it or not, I actually thought this was going to be some type of horror film. The kind of film I just got finish watching. Those thoughts and ideas weren't anywhere on my mind.

The movie is about these 3 college girls seeking a little more than independence and freedom. They come to that point in their college career where they lack liberation. Shelby, Nora and Beth decided to build their own sorority. For those of you, who never went to college. A sorority is built for the ladies. Just like, how you'll have the fraternities built for the men. The only thing different about being in a sorority. It's totally the opposite of what a fraternity happens to be known for and loved. The girls totally wanted to change the original definition and concept of a sorority. (KAPPA NU, WAS BORN!)

Kappa Nu started out with a little help and mentorship from a former frat brother, Teddy Sanders who offered his services. Teddy and the ladies had a good thing going on until there became a fallout. The film just kept on getting hotter and hotter from that point. It only created more revivals for them.

See, Kappa Nu wasn't very popular in the neighborhood, the girls had moved into. Nothing but loud noises, heavy weed smoking and partying all night long. Now, you tell me?  How many sororities you know that get down like that? That's what made this film so awesome. You'll only see good things like this, str8 off of an film.

This film is crazy. There's a lot of fun and excitement. I think my favorite two parts or characters of the film are... First, I must say the marijuana scene where everyone was going nuts over a trash bag full of chronic. The scene where Mac Radner steals the girls supply of weed. At this point, I have no idea what they plan to do with that trash bag of erb except play football with it. Mac, may have gotten away with the sorority's stash of endo but they'll pay for it. As they did, they paid for it. The girls got them back. Unfortunately, they didn't get there trees back but payback is mother in this movie. I'm not even going to say anything further. All I'm going to say, if you come across postings as such in the film, "KAPPA NU FOOLED YOU!" & "KAPPA NU STEALS FROM YOU!" 

Just know that these bitches don't play.

No comments: