Thursday, June 21, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2012 ISSUE # 05

LYRICIST LOUNGE 20TH ANNIVERSARY IN RED HOOK PARK FEAT BRAND NUBIAN 6/20/12 "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" LMAO!!!, just getting into my Brand Nubian, zone. I'm all ol' skooled up from head to toe. Sitting here, riding the B8 bus pumping Brand Nubian's "One For All" cassette in my walkman. Yeah, that's right I broke out the walkman, straight "Ol' Skool" for real. Sitting here riding the B8 reminiscent to my (New Utrecht) high school days. Rusty Jabbz getting ready to do it again. Last night it was Das Racist, Action Bronson and Trouble Andrews live in Red Hook Park. We gonna party tonight. City Parks Foundation celebrating the 20th Anniversary to the Lyricist Lounge. They have schedule tonight to perform Game Rebellion and Brand Nubian "KNOWLEDGE" "KNOWLEDGE". In the meantime, during my journey I'll get to enjoy the pleasant sounds of the Nubian brother's various archives blasting in my ears. Can anyone name their favorite, Brand Nubian record and/ or album? I dug through my crates of tapes and cds and these are what popped up, "One For All", "In God We Trust", "Everything Is Everything" and "Foundation". What y'all young negroes know about that? I'm almost to my destination, early than expected. I hope, I get a good spot in front of the stage. DAM!!, I'm mad early it's 6pm ain't no one out here yet. The park and stage area is set up. The dj, he's doing his thing on the laptop, no what I'm saying, lol. I would hit up, my ex on the westside. She's probably in the middle of coming from work, as I type. This is really a long ride. All the times I travelled to Red Hook in the pass. I just got finish, listening to the whole "One For All" album. I know, I'm crazy early. I'm about to move onto "In God We Trust" to hold me down for this next hour. THIS IS BRAND NUBIAN DAY. WHERE MY NUBIANS AT? Tweet Dj Handspin (@djhandspin) and let me know, your proud to be NUBIAN! The crowd is flowing in, looks like I'm going to get a good spot for viewing. Oh shit, hold on my jam is on "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" "BRAND NUBIAN ROCK THE SET" Sorry about that I still have my walkman in my ears. Yo, duke that's fucked up. Your not going to give me a fan. Gosh, even as a queer I'm still intimidating. I'm just stating the obvious, sun came over here and handed everyone a fan except me. I wonder why, its either a BLACK THING! or a GAY THING! I'm going to go with a, black thing. Which is kind of messed up being that we all here at a Brand Nubian concert in Red Hook. I'm coming to the ending of "In God We Trust". Lyricist Lounge 20th Anniversary doing it up in Red Hook Park with Brand Nubian and Game Rebellion free concert is about to start in a few minutes, right now the dj still rocking. I take it that, everyone is here only to see Brand Nubian. Why, I say that because Game Rebellion is currently on stage performing and everyone just remained sitting on the bleachers. Let me not jump to conclusions afterall it is blazing hot out here today, the first day of summer. It could simply be, they wanted to stay under the tree and out of the sun. I like Game Rebellion, other than that fact that he performed topless and has a whole bunch of sexy tattoos. That's not the only reason, I actually dig his music. The whole rock n hip hop fusion so Limpbizkit. Oh I'm sorry, Netic I hope didn't offend you and the band. I know, how people felt about Limpbizkit during their time. He has more of an Ice T n 2pac thing going on. The reason I say that 2Pac because of his sexy tattoos. I remember, 2Pac himself had a lot of sexy tattoos, as well. Netic also has that Ice T and Body Count thing, sort of a new generation thing. I think, Game Rebellion is cool. He definitely got flava and y'all already know if Rusty Jabbz likes it. It's HIP HOP!! So everyone in the back that's still sitting on them bleachers y'all need to get off it right now. Unless that's some psychological thing that's been implanted into your brain from high school, from sitting on the sideline instead of the being in the game. I wanna say, peace and thanx to Game Rebellion for rocking out with us. I most definitely enjoyed, this much better than the band (Trouble Andrews) from yesterday. This I can get it into a little bit, its more on my level. I think my favorite two joints from Game Rebellion was this song, I'm not quite sure of the exact title. I think its called, "Crush it in a mosh pit" or "Stomp it in a mosh pit". I don't have clue to the exact title but whatever its called, the song is still slamming. There is also, another one I liked... This song was dedicated to the late great Tupac Shakur. Now I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this is how you spelled the song in honor of 2Pac..."hiPACracy". This is a nice song in honor of 2Pac, I know the god was smiling. What is it with this free refrigerator full of ice tea? I don't need anymore, ice tea. I have enough, ice tea in my crib. They're doing some kind of raffle, who cares. Just bring on, Brand Nubian already. They're setting up now for, Brand Nubian. I hope it's Brand Nubian, coming out now... "NO SURPRISE OPENERS!" Let's get thing's started. Okay, here comes Lord Jamar our first Nubian entry to the stage.... Up next, Sadat X coming through with "The Lump The Lump". Oh shit y'all remember this one... (singing: I've been doin' my own thing) That was my joint, right there. Last but not least, third and final Nubian entry, Rusty Jabbz give a big hand of applause to the Grand Puba, ba ba "Step to the rear, Grand Pu on arrival. Raised in the ghetto singing songs for survival.....". They say, the GODZ MUST STILL BE CRAZY!!!! After, 22 years of Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding this is a blessing to see the GOD BODY QUARTET... Grand Puba, Sadat X, Lord Jamar and Dj Alamo. I want to thank the brothers from Now Rule. Lol, Now Rule you know it took me 19 years to figure out that stood for New Rochelle. Lord Jamar has an part in the new Ice T independent film "The Art of Hip Hop". Word up, support that's a must for all you fake, fast food emcees out there, nuhmean. Anyone who would like to know about, "The Art of Hip Hop" just look at Ice T as the "Sun Tzu of Hip Hop". Is it me or does, Lord Jamar look hott! Okay, I know its inappropriate hip hop talk and nontheless inappropriate god body talk. I can't help it, if you were seeing what I'm seeing I'm pretty sure you would have these same exact thoughts. Lord Jamar, just look so sexy topless. Oooh, speaking of topless, what about Netic, the lead to Game Rebellion wasn't he something. That's what I'm talking about, baby bareskin n tattoos, oh my!!! Okay, I'm shifting off course my reason for this is because tonight I was originally to celebrate a gay pride event on the Hudson River Park. I actually was looking forward to it. At the same time, I was looking forward to seeing Brand Nubian, as well. I was caught between a crossroads. I needed to choose, "HIP HOP" or "GAY PRIDE". Of course, I chose hip hop. HIP HOP will always reign supreme, even over things in my personal life. Besides, Gay Pride will be continuing on for the rest of the week. Tonight is for the BRAND NUBIAN! I want to talk about the their performance. There wasn't as much people here this evening like there were yesterday for Das Racist and Action Bronson. Come on, man you mean to tell me the late 30 year olds/ early 40 year olds are too lazy to come out to Red Hook and see, Brand Nubian perform. I'm here and Allah bless, those who came out. Allah bless, the few youngins that came through this evening. Youngins, today need as much Knowledge, Wisdom, Understanding. If it weren't for groups like Brand Nubian, Poor Righteous Teachers, X-Clan... I would be in prison, right now. The things they said and rapped about sparked an interests of concern. It was enough interests to convert me to Islam. Tonight's crowd may not be a packed and rowdy like last night's crowd at least, Brand Nubian got a chance to rock until the closing of Lyricist Lounge/ Summerstage. I would like to thank Freedom Bradley and Danny Castro for putting together tonight's event for the Lyricist Lounge celebrating 20 years in the game. 20 years of hip hop dominance. 20 years of opening doors and showcasing some of hip hop's elite. Check out, this Saturday as we "Celebrate Brooklyn in Prospect Park" BUD LIGHT MUSIC SERIES 20TH ANNIVERSARY FOR LYRICIST LOUNGE SATURDAY, JUNE 23, 2012 7:30PM AT THE PROSPECT PARK BANDSHELL FEATURING: GHOSTFACE KILLAH, CAMPLO, ASTRO AND MORE ___________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1347789-4543 Cellular: 1646339-4981 Cellular: 1347902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: