Sunday, June 10, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2012 ISSUE # 02

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JUNE 2012 ISSUE #02 THE BROOKLYN PRIDE DAY 2012 EDITION (Singing)= "Talkin' 'bout that PRIDE DAY, uh huh.... Talkin' 'bout that PRIDE DAY, uh huh.... Talkin' 'bout that PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE, PRIDE DAY!!__________________________________________________________________________ If there is any day to have a wonderful day in Brooklyn. It's today, "BROOKLYN PRIDE DAY". Starting from earlier today with the Pride Festival on Prospect Park 15 and later in the evening, on 5th Ave and 14th St, the Pride Parade. Today was our day, (GAY DAY!) we took it to the streets of Brooklyn. I just didn't like the fact that the parade was only for an hour. (7:30pm-8:30pm) The last float came down 5th avenue at 8:10pm, from that point on, you had only three choices. You can either go somewhere else, stay on 5th avenue and continue to celebrate or walk alongside the last float down the parade strip. I chose to walk alongside the last float and down the parade strip to Union St., where all the other floats terminate at and everyone meet up at for an improntu block party, so to speak. You can sort of say, that considering the mass amount of people and the fact that police already started directing traffic. These streets got to be cleared and cleaned by 10pm, sometimes I forget I'm not in East Flatbush. This is Park Slope, Brooklyn white people and upscale black people paid too much for their homes to have noise in the streets after 10 o'clock. I had a great day, evening and thensome. This was actually my first appearance attending a Gay Pride Parade and Festival. You don't know, how special today meant to me. I wanted my first appearance to be a memorable occasion. For 28 years, I lived on the down low. Caught between the lives of the straights and the queers. It was only a year ago, Saturday July 16, 2011 when I posted my "I'm Coming Out!" issue of Rusty Jabbz. That issue changed my life. The day, I came out the closest was a turning point in my life. A triumphant moment within myself, finally recognizing who I'am. Today is another, triumphant moment added to my life. It's a day, I will never forget, as well. They say, you never forget your first. There were a lot of treats I have bought, may have went overboard with the spending. That is something that usually happens at these types of affairs, you end up spending more than expected. I bought, a gay pride button, a gay pride cape, a gay pride flag, a gay pride key chains, a gay pride scarf and this last purchase was a doosie a blast from my past. How many people remember, the switch blade pocket comb. This was so so so retro or like J. J. would say, "DYNO MITE!" I haven't seen one of these combs since I was in the 3rd grade. It may seem kind of like a waste of money considering I don't normally keep a lot of hair on my head. I'm more of a sexy baldhead brother but I'm keeping the comb anyway. There was a lot of food, fun, excitement and plenty of entertainment. However, I can not leave out education and information. Information on, what does it take to defend ourselves against gay bashers. How do we stop homophobia? How to decrease the hiv rate in gay men? Encouraging men to keep utilizing condoms and other liquid lubricants. Information is always the key that open many doors. The more, you know. The more, you elevate. If there are any alternative lifestyle people such as myself seeking guidance or just information. Feel free to reach out to the following websites.... Brooklyn Community Pride Center www.lgbtbrooklyn.org, Brooklyn For Peace www.brooklynpeace.org, Metropolitan Community Church Of New York www.mccny.org I'm going to shut up now and let everyone enjoy, the remaining photographs left on my site. But, before I go I just want to plug in the upcoming gay pride 2012 events_____ THE RALLY-PRIDE STARTS HERE @ EAST RIVER PARK SAT., JUNE 16, 2012 3PM-6PM PRIDE POP-TARGET OUTDOOR FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT "WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY" WED., JUNE 20, 2012 @ PIER 46 IN HUDSON RIVER PARK TIMES SQUARE SOCIAL: PRIDE WEEK NYMF EDITION OUR BIG MONTHLY NETWORKING PARTY, THIS MONTH WE'RE AT DAVE N BUSTERS 234 WEST 42ND ST STATEN ISLAND PRIDE PARADE JUNE 22, 2012 NEW YORK CITY PRIDE PARADE JUNE 23-24, 2012 BRONX PRIDE PARADE JULY 14, 2012___________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: