Thursday, July 21, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2011 ISSUE # 06


RUSTY JABBZ ENTERTAINMENT
JULY 2011 ISSUE # 06











































































"This is the place where stars are born"

How many people reading this newsletter heard that phrase mentioned numerous times?
Who was the artist that created this phrase?
Give it up to Queens veteran emcee, M. C. Shan. I can't forget, Legendary dj/ producer Marley Marl. Marley Marl, the man responsible for a lot of hip hop created out this castle that we refer to as, "The Bridge". Queensbridge, the home to legendary and phenomenal emcees such as M. C. Shan, Roxanne Shante, Craig G, Tragedy Khadafi, Nas, Mobb Deep, Cormega, Nature, Imam Thug, Mike Delorian. The list goes on as long as, Queensbridge goes on.

This week, we're out here inside, Queensbridge Park to celebrate the Central Park "Salute To Hip Hop!" This week they planned performances by two Queens emcees. One in which is a 1980's hip hop legend, Kool Moe Dee who performed on Tuesday, July 19th. The Second is an, well I'm not sure if its appropriate to refer to this artist as a hip hop legend quite yet. This, Thursday, July 21st Noreaga will be performing at Queensbridge Park. I'll let the audience determine the status to place, Noreaga as.

Kool Moe Dee live at Queensbridge Park Tues, July 19, 2011:
Off to another late start, just like this past sat. (July 16th) I'm on my way to the, "The Bridge" to see the performance of Kool Moe Dee.

About a month ago, I was enthused to hear that Kool Moe Dee will be making an appearance in New York City during the Central Park Summerstage. Only because I' ve never had the honor of witnessing the legendary emcee live on stage. Since, saturday afternoon's spectacular of the Brooklyn Bodega's 7th Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival starring Q-Tip turned out to be a mega phenomenon. There isn't anything within the next few weeks that will top that event. Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival is the correct event of the summer. I really felt it. It'll be like a dishonor to already jump on another's event bandwagon only three days after the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival.

I decided to head out to, "The Bridge" and view the performance of Kool Moe Dee. I'm on my way getting my work out on pumping, "Skyzoo's The Great Debater" out the pod, not wise in 97 degree weather. Skyzoo, just bring out that adrenaline rush. There's a reason why, he refer to himself as, "The Great Debater".

I arrived at Queensbridge Park at 7:30pm, walking toward the park. I can hear that annoying voice. The distinctive voice in the same class as Fran Dretcher. It was, Roxanne Shante performing live on stage. She performs here every year unnoticed and unbooked by the original card. I can't complain, this is her hood. She's the Queen of Queensbridge.
Earlier, this evening I was made aware that Craig G and Dj Polo were on stage.
Dj Marley Marl, the host of tonight's event. As we proceed to enter the main stage of the event. Starting it off with Grandmaster Caz of The Legendary Cold Crush Brothers. Grandmaster Caz introducing his nephews and the son's of The World Greatest Entertainer, Doug E. Fresh' "Square Off". Square Off, birthed into hip hop royalty from the day they were born. Square Off pullin' off an excellent performance mainly freestyles over legendary Queensbridge emcees beats out of respect to the turf we're on

Up next, the moment I' ve been waiting for. For the past 36 years, I never once seen Kool Moe Dee in an performance, before. Kool Moe Dee entering the stage in a dance routine setting it off old school style. Kool Moe Dee on stage backed by L. A. Sunshine of the Treacherous Three, The Mighty Mike C of the Fearless Four and Grandmaster Caz and JBL of the Cold Crush Brothers.

Kool Moe Dee, breaking out his classic tunes: "I Go To Work", "Go See The Doctor", "How You Like Me Now" and "Wild Wild West".
Kool Moe Dee also schedule a series of routine records that usually require crowd participation. Kool Moe Dee taken us back to 1982 and previous. In the days when hip hop meant djing.
It was a great day spent in Q. B., my only downfall was not being able to take pictures of the event. I'm stuck in the middle of filming but caught great footage for www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz. Check out my page when your done.



SALUTE TO HIP HOP F/ Funkmaster Flex and Noreaga live at Queensbridge Park Thu., July 21, 2011:
On my way to another, Salute to Hip Hop series at the place where stars are born, the infamous Queensbridge.
Tonight's event stars: Hot 97's Funkmaster Flex and the Invincible, Untouchable C N N, Noreaga. I wonder if Nore's p-n-c, Capone will be there. I'm aware of the official demise of C. N. N. It would be nice to see a one time, Thugged Out Militainment reunion with Capone, Maze, Musaliny, Imam Thug. "REST IN PEACE TO E-MONEY BAGS". What's up with Tragedy, the god still up north. Whatever goes down, its going to be something fun for the evening to soak in.

HIP HOP QUOTABLES:
"Married to marijuana, smoke mad trees. I only fuck a bitch twice if she gets on her knees"
"N. O. R. E., Nore stand for "Niggaz On the Run Eatin' no matter if your still cheating"


Feel the adrenaline rush of Dj Handspin on the G-Train on my way to the concert. Getting myself in the mood for tonight's event. Just spazzin' out without a care in this world. Not giving a fuck who on the train thinks I'm crazy. Hip Hop makes you feel and act this way. The way it supposed too.

I got there in a nick of time. Funkmaster Flex, setting it off old school style taking it back to The Bronx's renaissance hip hop era. Followed by Dj Hot Day introducing one of Q. B's latest soldiers in recent history. A fellow who goes by the name of Mike Delorian.
After that we've had an improntu intermission due to the crashing of the laptops....smh. This is what happens when dj's want to keep up with the Jones. You get yourself embarrassed in public and forced to take an unscheduled intermission. Which causes time waste in the program.
Despite all of that, Noreaga kept the crowd entertained from behind the curtains with his ghetto comedy stylings.

The main event is now underway, which I will say no more. For exclusive live video footage of tonight's event. Feel free to view, www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz. Remember you can visit, worldwidejabbz on youtube.com at anytime.

I spent dam near my whole week in Queensbridge. Do you know, why I love Queens so much. Queens is like a second home. It's my second borough. I went to school in Queens. I' ve worked in Queens for fifteen years. I developed a relationship with the people of Queens. People like my dudes: D-Biggz, E-Biggz, Dj Understanding, Tex, Verse E, Abacus, Dj Fantom, Dj Sincere, Sammy B, Dion, The Southside Babe, Mz Atta Tood, Bhumika and of course I can't forget my muslim homies even though we aint tight like we used to be, Muhammed and Khalil.
I can't forget, Rest In Peace to my Queens dudes that's been forced over to the eternal light: R.I.P. Danny Durham, R.I.P. Metaphysics, R.I.P. Stack Bundles.

I always found, Queens to be like my escape borough. At a time in my life I wasn't gettin' along with certain Kats from my borough (Brooklyn). We would be on the block with the constant verbal aggression. I didn't want it to expand further than that so I used too just tell niggaz in my hood. "You know what, Fuck y' all! Y' all niggaz aint worth it! Y' all aint shit! Imma go chill with some real niggaz".
It just so happen that the real niggaz were from certain parts of the "Q" boro that I'm cool with. It's been real ever since. You know what else been real, this Queensbridge week.

I want to thank everyone who participated this week in making this Queensbridge event. Nuff respect to Marley Marl, Bob Lee, Roxanne Shante, Craig G, Dj Polo, Square Off, Grandmaster Caz, JBL, L. A. Sunshine, The Mighty Mike C, Funkmaster Flex, Dj Hot Day, Dj Butch Rock, Mike Delorian and give it up and show lots of love to our main event's this week: Queensvillage own Kool Moe Dee and Lefrak City own Noreaga. Queens was most definitely in the building.

You know I can't end this issue without everyone shouting me out. Give it up to, "Your Favorite Writer's Favorite Writer" Dj Handspin Dinero. You know, you wouldn't have any of this without me. None of this are made possible. Always remember to respect the architect.





CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: 13477894543
Cellular: 16463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: