Saturday, July 16, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JULY 2011 ISSUE # 05


RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER
JULY 2011, ISSUE # 05



































































































































































Introduction:
Before I get into the reviewing of tonight's event of the 7th Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival. I just want to take this time to thank each party involved individually. I know it would be easier to just say thank you to Brooklyn Bodega for an outstanding extravaganza. Each member of the Brooklyn Bodega company deserves its credit and I want it acknowledged. Thank you to the following staff members at Brooklyn Bodega: Wes Jackson, Ebonie Jackson, Pamela Bishop, Kelli Jones, Jon Heredia, Simone Elicia, Marilyn Alonzo, Justin Hunte, Ray H, Javier Martinez, Bianca Thelmo, Ajua, Catherine, Gregori, Amenan and Marilyn Sasha. These are the few people I know at Brooklyn Bodega. The same few people that been responsible for the organization of this event every year and turning this house into a "home". A home for everyone to enjoy family day and the reality of real hip hop. Everyone reading this newsletter, stop a moment to give them a round of applause.




Rusty Jabbz, back in business! Kind of a late start off to the Hip Hop Festival Main Stage. I fell back on the family day. I just wasn't in a family mood. I needed some early afternoon alone time to myself to help battle the demons I've been battling for this past week. I'm ready now to take part in the hip hop atmosphere that Brooklyn Bodega has set up for the Dumbo Brooklyn community. This event have been going on for the past seven years. I make the Brooklyn Bodega Hip Hop Festival's annual event, my annual event. There has never been a year that went by where I missed out on. I try to keep it religious like someone who practice going to church every Sunday morning.

A, Yo! You see this line. This shit is hella long going way down the block and wrapping around the corner. Oh my bad, this line is for the LOOOOSERS!!! who didn't have the good sense to purchase their tickets in advance. Bye, bye losers, hope none of y' all miss the show its like 4:43pm now.

I should never get myself gassed. Even though I had an physical ticket it still took me a long time to get through the gates. Apparently, anything that is physical these days hold no weight. It seems I was the only one on line with a physical ticket. The cashier's were honoring and collecting the internet tickets that the majority of the line was holding. There were some people paying out of pocket, straight cash at the gate. I had to post up on the side for a moment until they were ready to service me. That must have been pay back for callin' the senseless, losers.

Once I got inside amazed by all the sponsors coming from Decon Records, Redbull, Budlight, 7eleven, etc. A lot of food vendors but you know me I don't eat that crap. I manage to work my way over towards the mainstage I wanted to secure a spot. I knew at this late in the afternoon I wasn't going to get a great spot but whatever I get I'll work with it.

I seen a few of my homies that were there. Peace to my dudes, Danny Sun, Abacus and LIFE long I know y' all enjoyed the show I'm not even gonna ask.

Vj Ralph Mc Daniels, the host of the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival Main Stage.... I heard there were some real talent here earlier. Maybe so but like a good friend once told me, you don't have too record everything. You only record the good things. This is why, I came at this time. After six previous Brooklyn Hip Hop Festivals you can say I got Brooklyn Bodega's itinerary down pat. I was supposed to be on the Brooklyn Bodega volunteer team for this afternoon's event but something beyond my control occurred on the day of the orientation. I had a seizure it wasn't pretty and it wasn't something that anyone should have seen. I already submitted a formal apology email letter to the Brooklyn Bodega staff in regards to that situation.

The show is about to begin. I'm about to show true videography techniques by maneuvering back and forth, forth and back between a video camera and a digital camera in concurrent.
I have a feeling that what's about to go down is going to be something monumental. The concert of all concert. We owe it all to this one man who taken the liberty to work on and release a film based on the life, the history, the career, the success, the decline of hip hop's legendary group from Queens, A Tribe Called Quest. Give it up to, Michael Rapaport. Michael Rapaport wanted to do a documentary based on his favorite hip hop group. From the mass crowd here with us today, its safe to say our favorite hip hop group as well.

Right now, we are witnessing the dj stylings of A Tribe Called Quest dj' Ali Shaheed Muhammed doing the opening set playin' smooth hits. Shaheed got that mellow vibe going, sort of jazzing up the crowd. I see, Shaheed still got Lucy Pearl in him.

We're at the tip off of the, Q-Tip and Friends Main Stage. First act is a group that Q-Tip is currently working with. They're on the rise straight outta Washington, DC introducing the Diamond District. This group is kind of new to me they have some sort of a Tribe Called Quest appeal. The whole time during there performance I couldn't help but to think, "Check The Rhime". Diamond District just sent off that radiance. The fact that there also under Q-Tip may play apart into style of music. It's a three man crew, I couldn't keep my eyes off one of the members of Diamond District. A short, diesel brother with a slight resemblance to Phife Dawg. I'm admiring his Rocksmith jersey, it looks cute on him. Diamond District have this one jam that will get you in the groove, "The Streets won't let me chill."

Next act, Brownsville's Mash Out Posse. M. O. P., no question their muh fucken name fits the bill. You can't book, M. O. P. on a card and not expect total chaos and mass confusion. The crowd is just gonna crunk it up and if you just happen to be in the way your getting fucked up. The best thing to do is just crunk along with the crowd.

I wanna give around of applause to both groups, Diamond District and M. O. P. for their opening sets. You know its hot out here, even though I arrived mid day. I know wasn't here early like these other folks. What is starting to piss me off is the stalling. The stalling by our host, Vj Ralph Mc Daniels. Hey, Ralph "SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU DO THIS BULLSHIT EVERY TIME YOU HOST AN EVENT, NIGGA YOU AINT FUNNY! JUST START THE SHOW ALREADY YOU FUCKIN' FAT TUB OF LARD!".
Sorry, I didn't mean too bring the ghetto out of me. Muh Fuckaz, when they hosting stall too much. No disrespect to Dana Dane. I was a huge Dana Dane fan. You know, "Delancey St"
"Cinderfella Dana Dane", "DEF Beat" and all that. Today's event isn't about Dana Dane. Ralph was it really necessary to put Dana Dane on stage for 1:00 minute to do a commercial pluggin his website. This what I'm talking about stalling. Earlier, Ralph Mc Daniels had the nerve to say, he always wanted to host the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival Main Stage event. Why, so you can come out here and stall.

The stalling eventually stopped and there were no more interruptions. Finally the moment of truth have arrived. What everyone here today came to see. The Q-Tip and Friends concert is now underway. (for exclusive live footage of today's event visit www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz)

On stage, Q-Tip's band and Dj J-Period setting the ambiance with percussion sounds. Enters, The Ummah..... Q-Tip The Abstract Poetic, looking so sexy with his shades on and cap turned backwards along with his muscle shirt just showing off them nicely toned arms of his. The crowd roaring at the top of their lungs, girls boiling hot and drooling. Check 'em out and give him his 'spect as he set it off with that particular song.

I'm in the midst of all this, A Tribe Called Quest/ Q-Tip infatuation and only wishing I can participate. Coming to an pulse racing, adrenaline rushing event like this are normally hard especially when your the one holding the camera. You must always keep the camera focused on the artist's every single move. Keep the camera at an still position at all times. Its not an easy task. Right now, I pity myself and favor the crowd. My involvement in crowd participation here today is non-n-void. It is alright though, I'll live through and feed off the energy of the crowd. I want everyone reading this issue. To believe what I tell you and feed off the crowd's energy by checking it out yourself at www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz.

I think its really awesome whenever an artist specifically an emcee performs live on stage being backed by a band. It brings out the rockstar in them. All the emcees I ever seen perform backed by a live band from Lauryn Hill to Mos Def to Common. This, Q-Tip and Friends phenomenon just so happen to be one of the best live performance I've ever seen well produced and
co-ordinated.

Q-Tip's first friend on the scene. The Queen of the Native Tongue' Monie Love. Entered the stage, right in the middle of "BUDDY" to perform her famous line, "oooooh child, things are goin' to get easier". After, her verse Q-Tip wouldn't let Monie leave the stage until she performed another one of her famous hits "Monie in the Middle". Q-Tip, threatened to have the security take Monie Love away if she didn't comply. Of course, she would oblige. We all know she was going to perform the song anyway. It was just cool for a moment watching their little comedy segment. I want to give a phat shout and salute to Monie Love for accepting my friendship on facebook a few months ago.

This next friend of Q-Tip goes by the name, Shawn Penn not to be confused with the actor. This particular friend is from my neck of the woods. Even though I'm upset with my neck of the woods for something that happened to me recently. But I'll always love, "FLATBUSH". Everybody give it up to the Mr Hickeys on her Chest man, Lil' Shawn.
HIP HOP QUOTABLE: "Get a bitch drunk off the dom perignon can I put hickeys on her chest like Lil' Shawn".
Y' all remember that, classic. After that friend, there were no tellin' who Q-Tip was bound to bring on next. From Black Thought to Busta Rhymes to this man, "a Chi-town nigga with a Nas flow". Once you heard the needle drop and song played, "Can It Get No Higher" it was over. Kanye West, one of Q-Tip's friends. I'm not saying that's impossible but Kanye West performing live on a hot Brooklyn Saturday afternoon is more likely to be.

This is where shit got ugly. Kanye West divin' off the stage with a heavy police and security presence following him throughout the crowd. I'm like, what the fuck is Kanye doing he trying to get heads killed in B. K. at a Brooklyn Bodega concert. You should of seen it the crowd went nuts. Breaking down and dismantling barricades not to mention myself. I'm caught in the middle of all this Kanye West chaos. I believe there was a year when Brooklyn Bodega's Hip Hop Festival broke a record of concealing 80,000 people within this Tobacco Warehouse area.
I don't know, how many people are here today but perish the thought if because of the Kanye West craze I get myself trampled by 80,000 or more people in a stampede.

You know what I'm Dj Handspin Dinero, Your Favorite Writer's Favorite Writer. I could go on for paragraph after paragraph after paragraph speaking on this monumental afternoon. I prefer you visit, www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz for all the exclusive footage right at a click of a button. I've plugged my youtube channel three times during this review that's right Dana Dane. You think you the only one that can pull a plug off. I got a lil' song for all my readers and viewers to remember too, "worldwidejabbz" "worldwidejabbz" "worldwidejabbz" go to youtube and backslash worldwidejabbz".

This afternoon was great. Brooklyn Bodega earned 5 JABBZ this is the best, Hip Hop Family Day and Main Stage Festival I've ever been too.
I want to tell Wes Jackson and the rest of the Brooklyn Bodega staff that they must beat this event next year. You guys are on a roll and you can only keep going higher and higher until you can't get anymore higher.
This is a 5 JABBZ event. I don't normally throw out 5 JABBZ to just anyone like there frisbees.




CEO: Dj Handspin Dinero
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: 13477894543
Cellular: 16463394981
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: