Saturday, June 3, 2017

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter June 2017 Issue #01 "Best Of The Fest!"

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter Presents... Best Of The Fest-Free Screening in Sunset Park, Saturday, June 03rd.

Oh what a day. This wasn't a day as planned. It started out earlier this morning with a appointment with one of my doctor's. The appointment never took place. These are typical things that occur when attending a doctor's office for its appointment. It's such ashame that the patient have to fall victim to it.

I felt that perhaps this evening's Screening in Sunset Park will put a smile back on my face. After being on my feet from morning I figure I can use that smile. I have made plans to go out for the evening. Which I actually did but you must realize how things can suddenly fall apart.

I have made the plans to meet one of my homies but he was unavailable for the moment. He told me, he was tied up in Queens and he had no idea when he'll be getting back to Brooklyn. This is a very familiar road, a little bit too familiar. I understand what I must do here. This isn't the first time I had to travel to a event by myself and I know it definitely won't be the last.

This afternoon's event is being held at the Sunset Park Center Lawn. Keep in mind, I don't have any knowledge of this community. Sunset Park is like the Twilight Zone to me. The only time you can catch me in this area is during pride week. Speaking of pride week, just 02 weeks away until June 16th. I can not wait! But, today didn't feel anything like pride week to me. I got that exact same feeling that I always had as if I'm arriving in Tijuana, Mexico.

I feel like I'm in some sort of little Mexico, surrounded in a park with a bunch of spics and chinks. I'm the only nigga up in here. I did, possibly see one or two niggas, maybe. I'm not sure if they were niggas. For all, I know they could have been Dominicans.

I know by the ink of my pen it may seem as if I have no interest in what tonight's event is offering. The complete opposite, its just I've been sitting around waiting for this "Best Of The Fest" screening to begin and it still haven't. Originally the time was set for 5pm to 8pm then they changed it to 7:30pm to 10pm. Now, I just found out they're not going to begin at 7:30pm. They decide to start the Fest, after sundown. They're talking about 8:20pm, smh.

I can't take this. This isn't looking good to these guys for their first review. The only thing that looks good happen to be the park. I'm feeling the whole atmosphere of Sunset Park minus the excessive staring from the people. There is alot going down in this park, this afternoon other than the film screening. There is a volleyball competition taking place. I notice the handball courts is flooded with participants. In my hood, heads don't even get on the handball court anymore. I notice they got a pool. It's not open today. It's a nice looking pool but this isn't a pool day.

I got more enjoyment off of my tour of the park than waiting around for nothing. I'm getting fed up. My homie isn't here yet. He's still in Queens taking care of b.i. This is what I meant, when I mentioned earlier about things suddenly falling apart. The moment have passed. I didn't care for the screening anymore. It didn't matter, what time the event started now. I made my exit.

No comments: