Saturday, December 12, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 2015 ISSUE #01 "DADDY'S HOME SCREENING"






"DADDY'S HOME" Starring: Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg, Linda Cardellini, Thomas Haden Church and Hannibal Buress


5 JABBZ

I love nights like these. I have my heart set on tonight's screening taking place at the Regal E- Walk Stadium 13 in Times Square. The film is about a Dad going up against a step-father who he feels is horning in on his territory. The step-father is being played by Will Ferrell. Who happens to be a much better man and husband according to the wife being played by Linda Cardellini. The Dad is being played by Mark Wahlberg. He's suppose to be seen as the freewheeling, freeloading type of father. Nonetheless, the children do not see him that way. The children love him and that is what drives the step-father crazy. The Dad doesn't see, the step-father as a big deal or any type of competition. The father's main concern is to gain back the affection of his children.

This film sounds very interesting. I'm on my way to stand on that long ass line. I hope, I get myself in. I'm feeling good right now. I get to have a night to spend with Mark Wahlberg. Normally, tonight I would spend it with his little brother, Donnie and watch "Blue Bloods". I'm on another night with another, Wahlberg, lol!

I'm good in this line. I say there's about 30 people ahead of me. Normally, I would be like 200 people behind not today. I'm looking forward to tonight's screening. I did manage to get myself inside the theater. I would like to thank, Gofobo for the invitation to tonight's film and thank you for the free popcorn and soda ticket.

The movie was crazy. I mean serious non-stop laughing. I couldn't stop laughing. Seeing, Will Ferrell in tonight's screening is like, seeing him in an S.N.L. reunion. The movie was off the wall. Just ask, the rest of the theater. They were laughing along with me.

Everything was right, exactly as I read in the preview. I think this is a very good concept and basis of a story. Its as if, a King was coming back into town to reconquer and gain its throne and empire from the current King in its reign. It has that kind of effect. Will Ferrell as Brad Whitaker is playing the current king of the empire. Mark Wahlberg as Dusty Mayron, I guess you can say, he's the prior King who wants his empire back. Dusty in this movie is no joke so to speak, lol. He will be willing to do anything to Brad to regain his "throne". As you watch, this movie you will see all the chaos, mayhem, ridicule and tom foolery that were done to Brad.

One of my favorite moments throughout the film. That had to be when, Brad attempt to ride Dusty's Indian motorcycle and ended up, as an ornament through the wall of the house, lol. There were other moments. Like the skateboard stunt, Brad attempted in his backyard. The only outcome to that stunt was getting himself electrocuted for coming too close to the electrical cords.

I felt so bad for Brad. You guys know how it is when you have a step-father but the biological father comes into the picture. He will always reign over the step-father. Its ashame, Brad been in those children lives for quite sometime. All of a sudden out of nowhere, Dusty the biological father decides to return back into the children lives. Brad was willing to do anything to show his step-children and Dusty how much he loved them kids. Basically, this movie was a game of one ups-menship. Whatever, Brad did, Dusty did better. You can imagine, how this made Brad feel. It's one thing that we can sit here and laugh about it. Do remember, that situations like these happen everyday. These are things that some step-father's actually go through.

It look like I will be spending the night with both, Wahlbergs after all. I'm on my way home to watch, "Blue Bloods". I had a lovely evening. Daddy's Home will be in theater's Christmas Day.
I understand on Sunday, December 13, 2015 there's another "Daddy's Home" screening @ AMC Theater 312 West 34th Street New York, N.Y. 10001 I think, I'll check this film out just one more time before its release. "MERRY CHRISTMAS, RUSTY JABBZ!"

No comments: