Sunday, January 18, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JANUARY 2015 ISSUE #04 PRESENTS BLACKLIST COMEDY NIGHT


I really must need to do something about getting myself unclawed from this computer of mine, lol. I swear, all this week. My bottom been glued to the upholstery of this chair. As well as, my eyes being glued to the screen of the PC for the last 3 days. Don't get me wrong its not as if I didn't like this week of events. I absolutely enjoyed everything I've done, this week. It just came to my attention and I must admit this. Your, Dj Handspin Dinero is getting up there in his age. I haven't done things like this in such a longtime.

Tonight I'm putting myself out there again. I have no idea, why. Okay, Rusty Jabbz if anything happens tonight. It's all my fault. I should have chosen to stay inside the crib. I've been invited by Blacklist NYC for a stand up comedy night at John Jay School of Criminal Justice.

I really, don't know why I'm going there. Unfortunately, the only thing I could think of, is getting out of my house.
I don't have anything planned, neither is this a scheduled Rusty Jabbz review. Tonight is just your typical night on the town. It's effin' cold out here. I don't have the foggiest idea, who are performing tonight. Whoever, they are? They better at least, be half as funny as Mark Curry, lol.

So I did make it. Thank, God for this. I didn't want this to turn out to be a lost cause. This is my first time ever inside the halls of John Jay of Criminal Justice. I'm not sure, exactly what's suppose to take place. I hear that no one will be going any place during the taping of the show. They'll be conducting a live recording of tonight's performance. This shouldn't be allowed, being held captive like prisoners. People can't be able to use the bathroom or leave for the evening. Let's say, someone doesn't want to stay for the whole night. It doesn't matter, they can not leave. I guess the producers and directors don't want anyone caught on film walking out on tonight's performance. It looks bad on their part.
They better hurry up and get this show on the road. And, stop playing these dam musical chairs. My ass don't wannabe on television!

I wanna say, what's up to this dude who I haven't seen in a very longtime. I'm staring down at him, right now. My former Big Dawg Pitbull Dj Cypher Soundz. Hot 97 own' Dj Cypher Soundz, in the house tonight hosting our affair with a little bit of comedy. He's not bad for a comedian. Don't tell me, Cypher Soundz have his back up career on the dl. I was so happy to see him. It's always good to see a former, Pitbull.


I told everyone from earlier about my mood for tonight's comedy. It haven't changed. No one on that stage proved me wrong except one man. I had mentioned something about coming at least half way funny as Mark Curry. Our first comedian of the evening, will leave Mark Curry in the dust, lol! Rusty Jabbz introducing "SHANG!!" I never heard of him until this evening but he is funny as hell. After tonight, I don't think anyone is forgetting the man named "SHANG!!".

Now, the second comedian I will do my very best to try and forget. I'm not saying, he wasn't good. Perhaps his jokes are required by another audience. Yeah, that's right I'm thinking it, "a Intellectual Crowd!" There were just something about this other comedian that completely threw me off. One, he's Asian, there's really nothing wrong with that. Two, he's a bit over his time (middle-age) to be still doing stand up. Three, and last he's a midget. If you want to throw in a number four, his jokes seem to be a tad intellectual. I'm pretty sure, he worked hard to come up with these jokes and its punch lines. Something tells me, a joke isn't that funny if you have people stuck and thinking on it. That's exactly what this guy was doing. People shouldn't come out to stand up comedy events and thinking about the comedian's punchline. Comedians have to be able to tell a joke that the audience is going to get, not fly over their heads.


It ended up being a not so bad evening after all. I would like to thank, Blacklist NYC for the invite to tonight's taping. I really appreciate it. Let's do this again. To Shang, thank you for a lovely evening of bizarre humor n comedy. To Cypher Soundz, it was lovely and a blessing to see you again "BIG DAWWWGGGG!!!!" To Nick Anderson and Paul, thanking you as well for this evening.






No comments: