Friday, January 16, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER JANUARY 2015 ISSUE #03 GEORGE LOPEZ'S "SPARE PARTS"




"SPARE PARTS" movie screening starring; George Lopez, Marisa Tomei, Jamie Lee Curtis, Carlos Penavega and Alex Vega
Spare Parts that's an odd name. That sounds like a horror flick. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a Halloween flick. Well, you know having the Halloween icon, Jamie Lee Curtis co-starring in the movie kind of give it away, lol. George Lopez, also starring in tonight's screening. Excuse me, by the way I pause. You would perhaps do the same, during the course of this film. To my understanding, George Lopez is playing a very serious roll in this film. LMAO, why am I laughing because its funny. I seen a lot of George Lopez projects and this is probably the first one where he never act like an moron.


The movie is based on a true story about four inner-city students from Phoenix, Arizona. These four students are under privileged but they are destined to be the next engineering team signed up for the Underwater Robotics contest. This was actually a pretty good movie. I feel guilty about missing the first 10 minutes of the screening but you know how that goes. Sitting inside of a movie theater with no popcorn and soda, that's illegal, lol. I would like to thank, gofobo for tonight's invite of "Spare Parts". Although, technically I should thank my brother, Sha for loaning me off the ticket. Peace fam and God Bless! I know you weren't into tonight's screening. Thanks once again, wish you were here with me. I wish someone was here with me. Specifically, someone who can explain to me what is going on. I have no idea, what underwater robotics is? I don't think I should know, anything pertaining to water. Considering the fact that I can not swim, lol. It was good however, I did get a chance to see how things are recorded while underwater. I assumed a camera happen to be used. I just never seen exactly what an underwater camera look like, specifically.


George Lopez in this movie (Spare Parts) plays Dr. Cameron an out of work engineer between jobs. Who happen to be struggling not only with the bills in his life but with the baggage on his back, as well. Dr. Cameron haven't been the same ever since he lost his 3 year old daughter, run down by a Range Rover. Dr. Cameron have taken on a position at Carl Hayden Community High School as an substitute teacher until he can get back on his feet again. The movie isn't only about Dr. Cameron. There's four, Carl Hayden high school students who are looking to form a robotics team to enter an Underwater Robotics Contest. First you have Oscar Vasquez who is currently in the middle of a threat of being deported. Next, you have Lorenzo the substitute criminal. Lorenzo, the one who lacks popularity around his school due to the fact because other students think he's a criminal. When in actuality, he's obeying his father's rules. The real criminal of his family is his little brother Romero. Lorenzo happen to be the one taken all the rap for his younger brother, Romero. You can say, he's basically babysitting his little brother, lol. Next, Christian, there weren't much about him. Well accept the fact that he's real smart (nerd) and that he got picked on by a particular bully throughout the movie. I do notice that during the film, Christian have some kind of a moment with Dr. Cameron. Like a father/ son moment. Now, our last student Louie. Louie feels as if he's stupid. At times he considers himself to be slow. As you see, Louie wasn't placed on the robotics team for his intelligence. Christian asked him to join the team because one afternoon Louie happen to be inside the cafeteria and rescued Christian from a bully. I guess placing, Louie on the robotics team was a way of showing his gratitude.

Now that you have met the team. Now its time to meet "STINKY!",LOL... Stinky is the name of their project that they're entering in the contest. The 5th Annual Robotics Competition, where Carl Hayden Community H.S. will be the only high school going up against six other colleges. They'll be facing Virginia Tech, Cornell University, Duke University, Stanford University, Florida University and the reigning champions from the previous year, M.I.T. Carl Hayden Community High feels that this is there year and that they can take 'em. This is where my time started to get limited. Once again I apologize but I couldn't stay for the screening any longer. I agreed to stay up until the part of the movie when it was time for the contest. I wanted to get a look at this for myself, this whole underwater robotics I'm not quite sure if this is real or not. It is something interesting. It look like some kind of a sport. That being said, M.I.T. manage to put themselves back in first place with 85 points. It was not something I wanted to hear. Carl Hayden High coming in at fourth place and that was it.

I'm sorry guys I needed to go I couldn't stay until the ending. The movie is in theaters, this evening whoever gets a chance to go out and see this movie. Feel free to email me the rest of the movie's results at; djhandspindinero@gmail.com, lol.

No comments: