Saturday, October 13, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2012 ISSUE #01

FOKUS PRESENTS... THE STOOP 2012 LIVE AT FORT GREENE PARK SATURDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2012
What a lovely day, to sit on a "STOOP!" Temperature is high 76 degrees warm with some sunshine giving way to clouds; periods of rain and thunderstorm in the afternoon. WOW!!! that's kind of ironic don't you think. Today is actually the rain date to the "Stoop 2012". Originally it was to take place on July 28, 2012 but due to the threat of a thunderstorm on that day. The event was rescheduled to today. Now after reading today's weather forecast off my phone. It look like, we may experience some of the things we tried to escape from three months ago. I'm not the type of person to say, "I told you so!" LOL, who am I, foolin'? Of course I like to tell people, "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" I told you so, Fokus you shouldn't had postponed the original date for a new date. It may not be raining yet but its very chilly out. The little bit of sunshine in the sky doesn't help in anyway to restore good weather conditions and the people's comfort.
I finally get to experience today's event bought to you by F.O.K.U.S. I'm really looking forward to it. When the invite was originally issued to me several months, back. I couldn't help but to think of "THE STOOP 2012" as some sort of party on your front stoop, lol. I know, as juvenile and immature that it does sound. I recall, last year around this same time (October 8, 2011) on S. Elliot Place. In front of the Spike Lee's Joint for the "BROOKLYN LOVES MICHAEL JACKSON" tribute celebration. There was the dj of the afternoon that day, djing next door to the Spike Lee's Joint. The dj had his equipment set up at the very top of the stoop's landing and all around the stoop going down the steps were layers and layers of crates. Crates filled with assorted vinyl records, various genres, various sizes from 7"s to 10"s to 12"s it didn't matter, that dj looked like he had it all. He just surrounded himself in a barrage of vinyl. If you were to ask me, a year ago about anything pertaining to a stoop and today's event. I would have recalled that moment and vision from Oct. 8, 2011. Now, that's what you call a "STOOP PARTY!!!"
Let me get this, show on the road. It's 4pm, I have two hours remaining to "THE STOOP 2012", going down as I write in Fort Greene. Dj Polarity holding down the ones and laptop, lmao. I like saying that but its true what happen to our real djs. Speaking of djs, I'm here but I don't hear any music. GOD, I hate parks that has hills in them. Feels like I'm climbing Mount Everest. Just what we need another, food mart. WAIT! ooh yummy bean pies! Hey, what do you white people know about bean pies? Okay, it is nice to see Fort Greene haven't lost its appetite for crime. I almost witness a lady getting robbed for her cell phone in broad daylight. It's fuckin' cold out here. I gotta put my gloves on. Whoever heard of a park jam or park performance or whatever, F.O.K.U.S. is calling this in the middle of October. I see, Polarity is having technical difficulties, why ain't I surprised. I can not go to one event without a dj having problems with they're "LAPTOP". It's the same ol' story, something always go wrong with the "ones and nothing". I guess it was fortunate for, "O.Y." having the skillz to do spokenword. Him and his band was able to perform they're set acapella. Well, that and the crowd participation may have played a part in they're performance. It felt like church in the cold. Yes I'm cold, dammit. I'm going over there to the back and take some graffiti picts. I see some lovely pieces being done as I write. It's not just that, why I want to go over there. I need to put this pen away and these gloves on. "THE BLOGGING IS CLOSED FOR THE DAY, IT'S FUCKIN' COLD!!!"
________________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.linkedin.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: