Thursday, March 26, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER MARCH 2015 ISSUE #05 NBC's "AMERICAN ODYSSEY"







There have been so many different types of movie screenings broadcasting throughout the streets of New York. Tonight I'm in for a surprise by NBC's latest premiere. Schedule for television broadcasting/ debut, Sunday April 5th. New York, tonight we are in for a surprise. I hope everyone enjoys tonight's screening of the "American Odyssey". In the meantime, have a "HAPPY EASTER!"


Okay, I manage to have gotten myself in, along with free soda and popcorn courtesy of NBC, I assume. You can say, this makes up for the rejection of my last screening attempt to see my baby daddy, Idris Elba in "The Gunman", lol. I must be honest. No matter how good this film turns out to be. It won't get added to my dvr list come April 5th. I mean that by no disrespect. It's just that I have enough to watch already on television. Trust me, I don't need anymore additions placed on my dvr.


We haven't watched the film, yet. We are still sitting here in our seats. At least, we're sitting here for some good purpose. I would like to take this time and show my appreciation here tonight to Commissioner Sutton of the U.S. Armed Forces. It's such a privilege having Commissioner Sutton here with us. As we take part in the acknowledgements of a few worthy "Woman Warriors" who happen to sit among us in this theater, right now. After indulging in the contribution taking part by Commissioner Sutton. I was ready to see the film. I guess, you say Commissioner Sutton was sort of like an opening act, so to speak. The things she mentioned and addressed in regards to women being in the U.S. Armed Forces. Especially, on one particular topic... "Woman Warriors!"
What exactly is a Woman Warrior? Women warriors are females in the military. Females being part of an military service extends back 3,000 years in time. Woman have served many different roles in the military. That is what tonight's screening is all about. It's about Sgt Odelle Ballard (played by Anna Friel) who just lost her platoon (Task 24). They were ambushed and taken out by Special OPS forces. Sgt Ballard was fortunate to escape. She happen to be on a potty break when the ambush occurred. I guess, nature at times can save someone's life, lol. Now, Sgt Ballard finds herself stranded somewhere in Mali (Africa). Wait, that isn't all. The film gets better. There happens to be a price on her head. It seems she's still alive. Apparently, the whole Task were not killed. See, this is where it gets interesting that whole concept of paying soldiers to kill other soldiers. Meanwhile, back at the states. In lower Manhattan a devastating demonstration is taking place being conducted by Harrison Walters. They are taken by the news of the death of Task 24 and the missing soldier, Sgt Ballard. They can't believe someone would do this to heroes. Especially, after what Task 24 accomplished in their assassination of Mali dictator, Abass. I don't think I can tell you anymore. If you would love to enjoy it. The film is schedule to debut once again, Sunday, April 5th @ 10pm after, "The Bible". I would suggest y'all watch both programs.




Perhaps, I'm going to be wrong. After what I've just finish watching. It is safe to say and give a warm welcome to "American Odyssey" onto my dvr list. Sunday nights, just keep on getting hooked up. It was merely, three weeks ago when ABC's newest drama "Secrets and Lies" came into my life for my Sunday night line up. I would to thank, NBC and Gofobo for tonight's screening event. However, I must apologize to Kevin Powell and the BK Nation. Originally, I scheduled myself to attend the rally in honor of the late Trayvon Martin at the Judson Memorial Church. I submit my apologies deeply to you all.



****************************************"HAPPY EASTER!"************************************









No comments: