Thursday, August 30, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2012 ISSUE # 04

PETE ROCK VS D.J. PREMIER LIVE AT THE EAST RIVER BANDSHELL "THE DOME" L.E.S., N.Y.C. WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 22, 2012 7PM-9PM
Where have I been, no Rusty Jabbz since Aug. 07th that is like 15 days. If my math is correct, lol. I'm sorry to have abandoned my jabbers for so long. I hope my rusty jabbers been checking in on the site. Oh I see y'all have been. My views are up to 18,948 WHOA!!! I'm definitely sorry for the disappearance for the past couple of days. It's been a hard month of hustling and grinding. Today seems to be the last day for hip hop with the City Parks Foundation. I'm in sort of a rush. I have my heart set on this evening's hip hop finale, coming to you live from The Dome. The place where, Wildstyle was built (East River Park). Let's just hope I make it in time. I had an late start. I needed some quick errands taken care of first. I'm meeting one of my homies there. I hope I catch him. I have something to offer him, something special as a token of our friendship and brotherhood.
I did arrive to "The Dome" no headaches, no hassles but whoa get a look at this crowd. I have neverrrr, everrrr (I'm intimating Chris Jericho) seen the East River Bandshell, this packed. This is only my third appearance at the dome. E.O.W. 10th year anniversary wasn't this packed. Last year's Cold Crush Brother's live show wasn't this packed neither but this right here is a free concert in a park that looks more like an outdoor stadium concert. At least that's how it feels. I'm like gosh, where do I stand. There's hip hop fans and supporters everywhere, all over the grass, all over the bleachers. I'm just trying to get in, where I squeeze in, lol. I did the best I can to pull off an satisfying set up for my Worldwide Jabbz video channel. You can't get much footage with these "refrigerator-sized" speakers blocking my camera's vision. I did, however manage to get some clean footage every now and then of Pete Rock. But, Dj Premier forget about it. There is no way, I can pull that off. He is, so far across stage. I'm not even going to attempt to make my way through this capacity crowd. Someone may go '80s on me and snuff me for stepping on their brand new pair of kix. Where I'm at now is alright. It's not the coolest place to be but its as far as I'm going to go. Besides I'm shocked to even have made it down here, this far down considering the time I arrived.
I wish, I had a lot for y'all. Y'all my jabbers, I don't like to disappoint, nuhmean. I'm sorry but don't get me wrong the party was jumpin'. It's just things aren't what they seem or what we expect. I've been looking forward to this event during this month. I know, my jabbers been looking forward to it as well. As I stand here with a camera in my hand and a screaming crowd around me chanting "HIP HOP!" repeatedly. I'm saying to myself now, "how am I going to explain this to y'all". How am I going to explain, what was meant to be one of hip hop's summer great finales. However, I did enjoy as much as I could see. It was rough being squashed in there. I got my baby shots. I believe I took enough footage for this edition. I don't know if my cameras footage will meet my jabbers standards. After tonight, this event doesn't even meet Dj Handspin's standards.
Just when the hip hop is about to go down. Pete Rock, Premier getting ready to go back and forth, rotating hip hop classics, then this happens. The only thing that you could expect to happen at a hip hop, live show. What do any of y'all think it is? If you guessed, babylon or c-cypher. No, it wasn't them. There weren't any NYPD interruptions tonight. The most disturbing thing that happen tonight was the sound system malfunctioning due to system overload... "FUCK ME!" In fact, FUCK US ALL!!! Right now, this is not the type of crowd you want to fuck. I'm standing, squnch in the dark midst of a crowd I assume to be about 1700+ deep. If not more, who knows. What I do know, the soundman and the technicians, electricians whoever... they need to get to work before this crowd gets ugly. I'm talking, "WATTS RIOT UGLY!". You know, I shouldn't be here anymore. In fact none of us should still be here. It's now, 15 minutes pass the cut off time and they are still working on the sound system. Which is the only reason I chose to stay out pass cut off time. I figure, once they would finally get the system up and running again. They would make up to the crowd for the time that was lost. I mean, c'mon don't y'all feel we deserve it. Everyone out here including myself came out here to see a one on one, free for all, live dj session by two of hip hop's well deserved and decorated djs: Pete Rock and Dj Premier. I wanted this to be another, City Parks event night to remember. Technically, it will be a night to remember just for the wrong reasons.
I shouldn't be crying over split milk anymore and I think the people are starting to dry their tears as well, as they get up and prepare themselves to exit. I can not say, I disagree.... honestly I should have left 20 minutes ago. I had something that I needed to give to a friend of mine. A friend of mine, who was here earlier and had the good sense to leave once all this technical difficulty risen. Dee, I apologize I never got a chance to see you tonight. I know that your birthday is next week and you will be out of town. I had a little present and a card that I wanted to give to you before you left for your trip. I'll just hold onto it till you come back. I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip and I'll see you when you get back, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMION and to my rusty jabbz followers and supporters "LOVE, PEACE AND HIP HOP!!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.linkedin.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: