Tuesday, August 7, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2012 ISSUE # 02

CITY PARKS FOUNDATION SUMMERSTAGE PRESENTS "KEITH MURRAY/ THE BEATNUTS AND PLENTY MORE LIVE TONIGHT AT THE TAPPEN PARK, STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. TUESDAY, JULY 31, 2012" Tappen Park, not quite what I've imagined. Neither is this ghostown area, not what I imagined. The one thing I did love about Tappen Park is the fact that it has no fences surrounding the perimeters. Unlike other parks throughout other inner city boroughs. This park here is an open park, no fences, no gates. If there's any fences or gates, its in specified areas. For instance, rose buds and garden areas. Which still says a lot being able to have a park as such in the hood.
First off, I would like to give a phat shout out to the host of the evening, BX's loved one' Big JEFF! At this present time, the name Jeff is a name I don't want to hear. I've been having complications for the past couple weeks with another character of the same name. By the grace of God that Jeff was taken care of. This brother, right here is my man, BX' own "BIG JEFF". He's holding down the fort introducing tonight's guests and performances. Big up to Juju, on the one's and nothing, lmao.... I like that comment, Juju "One's and nothing" that's basically where the dj industry and culture have gone too. Much love to the Djs like myself who still utilize the vinyl and the crates that only shows your strength and pure love for this artform. We got Beatnuts' Juju holding down the one's and nothing for the night and for the performers throughout the evening. Our first guest of tonight goes back to the days of Nice and Smooth. G.P.K., an emcee known for his tung twistin' talent and tonight's single performance "Feel like I'm supposed to learn". He was so so, I don't know how old school and how far his legacy goes back to Nice and Smooth. He could use some work on establishing his legacy. Sure he has a talent to tung twist his words. But, if you heard one emcee that can spit fast then you pretty much heard them all.
The next artist to take the stage is a female emcee that goes by the name "Daminellz". Excuse me ma, I apologize for the misspelling of your name. I googled you various times, your name didn't come up. I had to use my better judgement and attempt to spell it, as it sounds. Please don't let the misspelling of your name figure into what I seen of you this evening. I loved the joint, you performed "Never getting sidetrack" that was on fire. A joint that happens to be produced by Staten Island's Incite. Daminellz who's an aspiring female lyrical emcee. She's backed by producer Blind 13. I'm pretty sure, she can be found somewhere on the internet. Perhaps people will have better luck with the spelling of her name, when trying to track her down.
I want all my rusty jabbers to put their hands together and clap for "TS" alumni' Triple Seis. The man who actually taught Big Pun, how to rhyme. So, if you were thinking Fat Joe was that man all this time. You were thinking, wrong. Triple Seis getting the crowd, crazy. Triple Seis, has a few bangers he layed out tonight. Joints like "Kindness for weakness", "Call me, when you need me". This is a song I think a lot of people can relate too. I believe everyone has that one person in their life that only calls them whenever they need something. This is another, Triple Seis banger a hip hop dancehall stylee featuring Killa Rush called "Champion". Phat shout out to Triple Seis for coming through tonight. Hit up Triple Seis on twitter at @tripseisbx. Let Triple Seis know that Rusty Jabbz gave 'em some props on his blogazine.
TOMORROW, MORE HIP HOP FLAVA JOIN US HERE WITH ROB BASE AT TAPPEN PARK AUGUST 1ST
Here comes the party! Everybody now, here comes the party! The main event begins starting off with The Beatnuts and Keith Murray... The Beat Nuts setting it off first. It's been a long time since I've seen these brothers perform in the NYC. I've been saying this for the past couple of years "Whatever happened to The Beatnuts?". I'm glad to be here seeing them. I'm glad I made this trip out here this evening. Truthfully I really did enjoy myself. I would have enjoyed myself a whole lot more providing that 'The Nuts performed my alltime favorite classic "Reign of Tec" that was the record that made me fall in love with The Beatnuts. But, I can see they're sticking to the pop rap format. Only performing the material released from their most POPular albums, "A Musical Massacre" and "Take It or Squeeze it". This is a young crowd out here, they don't know pass "A Musical Massacre". Shout out to the few o.geez in the crowd who knows the true 'NUTS!
THE SON OF GOD KNOWN TO MAN IS JESUS CHRIST!!!, yes indeed. How about this then, "THE SON OF THE HIP HOP GOD, IS NOW KNOWN TO MAN TODAY AS TAHMELL!!! Tahmell, the 20th Letter. The son to the 18th Letter, Rakim. Tahmell Griffin made a brief appearance before Mr. Murray to let everyone know that he too can MOVE THE CROWD!. Tahmell, the 20th letter, the son of Rakim, check 'em out at www.Tahmell.com.... Its our star of the evening, Hit Squad's Central Islip own Keith Murray. This was a great performance by Keith Murray performing some of his songs and verses of guest appearance from other songs. I especially like when he performed his verse to G-Dep's "Special Delivery" remix. I forgot, Keith Murray was on there. Oh yeah, who can forget Keith Murray's classic verse on LL's "I Shot Ya" remix. The downfall though it would have been much better if Keith Murray had some new material. At least one or two new songs. Look at Triple Seis, he performed for us tonight showcasing two new singles. You know what else would have been cool if Keith Murray did his famous stage dive. I know its kind of outrageous. I seen him pull that stunt off last year at the Santos Party House. It was crazy. I wanted him to do that again of course I'm not very sure if this crowd is capable of catching him. Speaking of someone being capable. I'm not capable of capturing him on film, the man moves too quick. Overall the show wasn't that bad until Keith Murray was carted for cursing. Uh oh, whenever you hear that coming from a concert organizer telling you to go easy on the fowl language. You know this isn't hip hop. What's hip hop if it doesn't have profanity?
I want to show some love to all the performers who came out here this evening. Everyone who were out here tonight from G.P.K. to Dominellz to Triple Seis to The Beat Nuts to Tahmell Griffin and Keith Murray. Peace to our host of the evening, Big Jeff. Much love to Juju who provided the music over the one's and nothing, lmao. I love that! I want to thank Jeff D of the Force MD's for being in the house. What up to Staten Island's youngest Wu member, Shyheim the Rugged Child. A definite misconception there's nothing childish about him, anymore. He's all pure "rugged man". Y'all didn't have to do Shyheim like that and cut off the sound to his mic. These City Parks Foundation cats don't play when times up, "TIME'S UP!". Don't fret they're kicking us out the park tonight but be sure to be back here, tomorrow evening same start time and end time (7pm-9pm). Tomorrow night, with the man who knows how to make two make the thing go right... "ROB BASE!!".
_____________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: