Friday, August 3, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2012 ISSUE # 01

"YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST.... Before, we go into today's Rusty Jabbz editorial. I would like to sit back and discuss for a few minutes. Don't have no worries of boredom. My topic of discussion will lead into tonight's performance at Tappen Park. What I would like to know is, how many of my readers sometimes feel their is something in your life you haven't done yet. No matter, how big or small it is. For example, let's talk about me and all of the things that I feel I haven't done yet. Okay, we're not going to talk about all my problems. After all that is, what Mom's are for. Anyway I was just thinking about tonight's event in Staten Island at Tappen Park. The Beat Nuts and Keith Murray are performing tonight, live in the park. I knew about this event for the whole month. Tonight you could say, is sort of like a grand finale of hip hop doing it up "Shaolin Style" for the City Parks Foundation. This whole month I've been contemplating on, whether or not I should attend. The only reason, I had such strong thoughts and its okay with me if you all think my thoughts are silly or perhaps pointless. Always remember, "One man's silly thoughts is another man's goal". I have never been to the Borough of STATEN.... sort of, but its not the same thing. My early recalls date back to my early childhood but I don't recognize and acknowledge camping/ school bus trip to Staten Island. If you want to look at it in that perspective. To me though, this is what my first truly means... My first experience utilizing the Staten Island' ground and services from the "Unknown" buses to the regular Staten Island MTA and Ferry transportation. I take pride in my city. Although I must admit for all the years I lived here, I never bothered to take advantage of it prior. Tonight I have an opportunity to see The Beat Nuts and Keith Murray, live at Tappen Park going down at 7pm. It just so happens to take place on the Island. Am I looking forward to it, sort of but my mind is set more on the journey. In the meantime, I would like to thank the, "FATMAN FOR BEING IN TOWN"... The fatman is in town. Which gives me some reassurance in case I decide to get cold feet. Rick Ross, is down here signing autographs at J&R Music World. I wouldn't mine, seeing him. I'm not sure if J&R Music World will have him perform, this evening. I would love to film Rick Ross performing somewhere in New York City for Worldwide Jabbz that would mean a whole lot to me. I mean, that's about all I want from him. Well, maybe a picture of him and him and his crew. I'll take that but as far as an autographs he can keep his stanking signature. You know what, "FUCK RICK ROSS" he sounds much better on bootleg. Don't let me break that chain. I didn't bother to hang around J&R Music World, any further and proceeded to walk towards Bowling Green & Battery Place. I'm going to call this, "The Unknown Block". A lot of my readers now, are like WHAT? I know, y'all know what "Unknown" means or better yet, the symbol for it. It's the "X". My black people and muslim people should know this. Anyway, as I was saying I walked down to Bowling Green & Battery Place. On Battery Place that's all you see are people standing at various Staten Island bus stops. There were other, MTA special type buses that only travel to outreach areas (boondox) in boroughs like Brooklyn and Queens. My focus is on finding the X1. Which took me quite awhile to find. I eventually found the bus stop for the X1. Once I found the bus stop I decided to wait for the next X1 bus. One X1 bus stopped and the passengers all but me boarded. I was still uncertain on whether or not I should still go. Shortly after another, X1 bus came and that's when I exhumed my courage and got on the bus. First rule of the "Unknown Buses"..."UNLIMITED CARDS ARE NOT ALLOWED, CASH CARDS ONLY!!" Wow, that is something totally different already. Well, that and the fare ($5.50). Oh my lord, I think one of the best things Mayor Bloomberg ever did for this city was making the ferry ride to Staten Island free. I want to thank the bus driver, for letting me slide cause all I had was an, unlimited pass that was very nice of him. I got on the bus at 7:03pm, by now the concert should be starting. I don't know if I'm going to make it. I would like to but this journey is more about my first official trip to the Borough of Shaolin.
Boy was I stunned by the destination time. The trip only took 30 minutes. Even, when I transferred between the X1 and the S52 it still only took 30 minutes. The bus driver dropped me off on Canal St. (I guess, there's a Canal St in every borough). I wasn't really feeling, this side of the park that the driver dropped me off at. I see, brothers wilding out over here. If my hearing haven't failed me, I do hear some "C's" up, calls. Speaking of UP, What are up with all these vacant businesses. I could tell, I'm in the hood. Ain't no big time corporations bought these small mom n pop shops out. From my eyes and what I'm seeing now. This look like straight hoods may have ran them out of here, instead. This is only my opinion, I'm not here to criticize the landscape and community of Shaolin. Besides this looks like a much better place than where I'm living now (No Disrespect to Flatbush). Ooooh, I get an welcoming. This is cute. I wonder if my father (God, Rest his Soul) ever knew about this street. See my dad, he was a travelling man, a business man. Although, he had his business registered in New Jersey. I happen to know for a fact that my father did keep certain New York clientele in particular areas and Staten Island would be one of those particulars. I know, if my father was still alive and standing beside me here he would be proud. We both would be proud, looking up and gazing happy at the street sign with the "WRIGHT" name branded on it. Our family take pride in our name. It's not that often I get to travel to places with streets named, after the "WRIGHT" family, generation and ancestry....
REST IN PEACE N PARADISE FATHER!!!! Pardon to anyone who thinks I may have gotten a bit too emotional. This conclude part one of "YOU NEVER FORGET YOUR FIRST...."
________________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: