Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter Jan. 2009

Akon "FREEDOM" Konvict Music/SRC/Universal Records
4.5 JABBZ

Before, I start this review I just wanna say to that bitchass wrestler, Santino Murello who missed pronounced Akon's name. His name is AKON not ACORN. Instead of dissing singers Santino maybe you should focus on winning matches and stop looking like Beth Phoenix's bitch all the time. I just wanted to get that off my chess. I try to make a vow to only review rap artist and not r and b artist but every now and then you have a r and b artist that touches your average die hard hip hop head. The cd starts off w/ the opening hitmaker, "Right Now (Na Na Na) and "Beautiful w/ Colby O'Donis and Kardinall Offishall". I gave this album 4.5 jabbz, I think thats unfair to myself and Akon becuz Akon deserves 5 jabbz but imma chill and leave it at 4.5, after all I don't wanna git 2 gassed. Although, there are lovely songs on this album and it'll definitely be a best buy. My ultimate favorite bangerz off this album that really touched a nigga's heart were, "Sunny day w/ Wyclef", "Birthmark" and the title cut, "Freedom". Freedom, was the cds finale that song touched me the most because in life thats what we still seeking. Lincoln abolished slavery in 1865 but our people aren't still free yet. Just recently, I heard Akon's Freedom on a episode of CSI Miami. The concept of the episode allowed the song to blend well as a soundtrack. There are other songs off the this album that you'll enjoy as well like I said it is a "BEST BUY!"

No comments: