Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NOTORIOUS MOVIE AND SOUNDTRACK



NOTORIOUS MOVIE AND
SOUNDTRACK
5 JABBZ

Let me just start off by saying, Thanx to Jamal Woolard for doing a wonderful job portraying Big E Smalls in last weekends blockbuster, NOTORIOUS. For all you new emcees I hope yall went to the theater with your pencils and notebooks to relax and take notes and learn what it means to be a dangerous emcee. For those of you who haven't seen the Big E Smalls documentary, "Bigger Than Life". I strongly advise you to watch the documentary first so this way you stay insync. The movie is constructed the same way as the is constructed the same way as the documentary. The documentary starts off with people talking about Biggie's up bringing in Bed Stuy all the way to the fatal shooting death on March 9, 1997. That is exactly the way the movie was made. As I sat there and watched, "NOTORIOUS" I felt like I was watching "The Bigger Than Life" documentary. Of course the documentary was much better than the movie only because with the documentary you have Big's family and peoples talking about The Brooklyn Icon Emcee along with footages of events, shows and interviews. The movie was so DOPE, I actually went to the movies to see it and to all my niggaz that know me, Handspin is str8 up a bootleg nigga but outta respect for BIG. I had to see it on the big screen but the next day I went to my old lady on Flatbush ave and copped the bootleg copy to bang in my crib and thats not all when the dvd comes out in stores officially imma cop it again. You know Dj Handspin is only gonna rep and support the real hip hop. As for the soundtrack to the movie it was a collection of some classic Big joints. Settin' off the cd was the Bone & Biggie "Notorious Thugs". There were alotta surprises in between the cd like the Jay Z & Santogold "Brooklyn Go Hard" sounds sort of similar to Thirstin Howl & Unique "Brooklyn Hard Rock". Similar in the sense where you have a Brooklyn born emcee and woman on the track doing the hook with U. K. type accent with a kinda caribbean appeal. Both tracks have the word hard in the title. The only difference in the songs is that one song is harder than the other on. My man, J. A. D. A. got beef with the feds and the D. A. (I like saying that) steps in with a 2009 version of, "We alwayz love Big Poppa". Jada & Faith in just one verse spits a letter to Big, ironically named, "Letter To Big" just showing love, gratitude and heartfelt feelings toward the Big Poppa. Big Poppa jr, Lil' CJ Wallace raps alongside with his dad on the, "One More Chance-Legacy Remix". You know from the movie he looks like a lil' Biggie but just a lil' lighter. The soundtrack has all the classic of The Notorious Big with "Hypnotize", "Party and Bullshit" and "Warning" those were top notch Biggie bangaz but having the demo versions added to the soundtrack from when he was just the chubby dark skinned kid from The Stuy running with OGB. Dj Fifty, a childhood friend of BIG loaning the soundtrack 3 unreleased and unheard of Big E. Smalls joints. I aint talking about Notorious Big joints, I'm talking about before he bacame that. We got a chance to hear Big E. Smalls spit fire on the songs. "Microphone Murderer", "Guaranteed Raw" and "Love No Ho" these were the 3 songs chosen for the soundtrack although a tad bit immature but it has that organic sound that gives you a natural hip hop vibe. You know that str8 up being in the basement and spitting over 2 turntables and a mic whip appeal. I could go on for days speaking about the Notorious movie and soundtrack but you all gotta go out there and experience my feelings yourself. I been in a BIG zone since the debut of the movie on Jan. 16, 2009. I decided to declare it NOTORIOUS DAY! Thats how much I missed Big Poppa as long as I have all of the Biggie catalogues, along with the Bigger Than Life documentary and now the Notorious dvd. Big will never be forgotten, he'll live through me. Hell, I'll probably be bumping Big when I'm 90 years sittin' in a rockin' chair. Just singin', rappin', drinkin', smokin' str8 east coastin'.
This have been Dj Handspin Dinero sending my love, respect and tribute to Christopher "Notorious Big" Wallace. "PEACE!"

No comments: