Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter January 2017 Issue #03 "A Dog's Purpose Screening Starring: Dennis Quaid"

This is something I haven't done in a very long time. It's been some quite time since I've done a movie review. In fact the last time have taken place in this same, AMC theater at Lincoln Center two months ago. I can recall my last movie review of "Tulip Fever" taken place here tonight.

I'm going out tonight for the viewing of an upcoming film, "A Dog's Purpose". It has an very interesting topic. I've always heard the phrase man's best friend when pertaining to four legged furlines, canine animals.

Based off of the title, the movie is self-explanatory. Giving you an explanation of the purpose of a dog.
The film is solely based on that one dog we all had as we were growing up until that one day came and it was no longer with us. Have anyone ever wondered what happens to the soul of a demise canine. I never wondered anything, as such. I grew up raising my cat, Puff until she passed away.

The basic concept of the film is, "dog reincarnation" if there is such a thing. Where do your pets go, after it had been taken from us.
The film focuses around one dog playing five different characters: Bailey, Ellie, Tino, Wuffles and Buddy. Each dog character serve a purpose for these lives.
It's all about this one dog that lived five lives for five different people and made a difference in their life.

The movie starts off with family #01 the Montgomerys. A retriever was found by a little boy named Ethan, abandoned in the back of a truck. Ethan was so happy to have come across such a great looking dog. Ethan was greatful for his new best friend. Ethan named it, "Bailey".

There are somethings you need to know about, Bailey despite being a fun lovable dog. It wasn't a very intelligent dog. It did have problems comprehending from humans. There were occasions where Bailey may have gotten out of hand and became a bit of a pest towards the family.

This is were the film starts to get interesting. I didn't expect this, after the demise of Bailey. I thought the film was coming to an end until I heard Bailey's voice again. Only it turned out to be some form of a reincarnation. Bailey have passed away and reborn into a Chicago police dog by the name of "Ellie" for officer Carlos.

After, Ellie's life came to an end. Lol, I couldn't believe it. I was wondering how long is this film going on with these characters changes. I found it very interesting and awesome indeed. Ellie, was injured and shot in an apprehension of a kidnapping suspect. Unfortunately, Ellie lost her life.

The film continues from here with the additional rebirth of the following characters "Tino", "Wuffles" and Buddy.
The definition of a dog's purpose: "All lives as a dog, find the ones to save and be here now."

I hope everyone gotten the idea of tonight's screening. I hope everyone enjoyed it as well.
I really had a wonderful time and I enjoyed myself along with the movie. I hope you'll feel the same way that I do, in theaters Friday January 27, 2017.

I give tonight screening of a Dog's Purpose a "4 JABBZ" Rating....

No comments: