Saturday, July 30, 2016

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter July 2016 Issue #03 "Celebrate Brooklyn!"

"IT'S 2016 & I'M STILL LISTENING TO 90'S MUSIC!" The saying I'm forever living off of these days. Earlier, this afternoon I was in the midst of celebrating the legacy of A Tribe Called Quest and the Leaders of the New School. It's the anniversaries for both groups, Tribe's 25th anniversary of "Beats Rhymes and Life" album and Leaders of the New School 20th anniversary of  "A Future without a past" album. I enjoyed every moment of it.

Getting ready for some more 90's hip hop legends taking place over at the Prospect Park Bandshell. Going down tonight its the Bronx underdogs, Camplo and the Brooklyn underdogs, Digable Planets. I'm going to feel like I'm 14 all over again.

Lol, this is what you call a true hip hop fan. It's raining out here, right now. Started about 3pm and been raining ever since. Will that stop me and hold me back from having a good time. I think not, especially when it's dealing with the music I love. I showed up in time. I guess for once I can thank, Mother Nature for today's weather, lol. I manage to show up with no line. Ah, man I keep feeling good already. I can not wait until it begins.

The show started off with Bronx finest, Camplo. Awesome performance taking place among them. Setting things off with a sound check. I don't think I ever seen, Camplo in a live stage performance. Until, this evening.

Next on the scene, Brooklyn's favorite trendsetter known as, Digable Planets. This was something I couldn't wait for. Particularly my favorite record, "Cool like that!" Closing out the night with their #01 debut hit single. I had such a fantastic evening under my youth again.

I want you to enjoy what I've enjoyed. Visit, www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz for tonight's Celebrate Brooklyn screenings.

"CAMPLO NEW ALBUM: RAG TIME/ HIGH TIMES" OUT NOW ON AMAZON"

No comments: