Tuesday, September 25, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER SEPTEMBER 2012 ISSUE #04

MOBILE MONDAYS; ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY at the Bowery Electric with Operator EMZ, Natasha Diggs & Dj Muro along with other special guest djs throughout the night I'm not quite sure, whether or not, I want to go out, this evening. I've been invited to attend the one year anniversary of both, Operator EMZ and Natasha Diggs "Mobile Mondays!!". I hear there's a big line up taken place tonight. A row of guest dj's from Chairman Mao to Rockin' Rob to Boogie Blind to Spinna to Just Blaze to Large Pro and of course my personal favorite, Dj Scratch. I guess, I couldn't miss it.
What a roster for tonight and to think they all will be spinning vinyl. At least, I hope, you never know a dj can get lonely tonight and decide to break out their "ones and nothing". Come on guys, we want a clean and fresh night. Which means, "NO LAPTOPS!!" I'm loving this, "Midnight Marauder" parody photo used to signify tonight's gathering. What a perfect touch of hip hop and creativity.
Right now, I'm early. Super early to be exact, I was told that the usual "Mobile Mondays" will not be partaking up here. They're still currently in the middle of setting up everything downstairs. I hate to admit but I'm not too familiar with this establishment. This is only my second time attending, "Mobile Mondays" but I would like to reminisce to the first time I witnessed, Operator EMZ and Natasha Diggs. It's only a short memory, let's rewind back in time to two months (July 11, 2011). It was the Scratchvision & Best Buy showcase at the Best Buy' Union Square store. What attracted me, was seeing this beautiful lady. Who goes by the name, Natasha Diggs looking all fine and good with her dress, hair all flowering and fluffy as it waved during her session. But, it was more than her looks that just appealed to me. Her looks I guess you could say is her swagger. It was mainly the music, coming from both her and her partner, Operator EMZ. It was the type of sounds they were playing and what those sounds were coming off of. Both, Natasha Diggs and Operator EMZ, were spinning on 45s. Which is something I thought will never be done again. I started my dj career off 45s so excuse me if I sound a bit emotional. Spinning dancehall reggae through various clubs in East Flatbush, Brooklyn. This was before I graduated to 12" vinyl and more diverse genres of music.
There's something about this situation that drives me crazy. Perhaps its my recent call back to the turntables because of "Mobile Mondays" 365 day longevity night. They have me interested in returning to my roots in which I came. I mentioned earlier, how my dj career began off 45s. Lately it seems that have been my key point of interests. I don't know, it could be a fever. Perhaps, even some sort of fad. The one thing I do know, the three times I witnessed, Natasha Diggs and Operator EMZ, this year. I know it changed me to the point where I'm willing to shut down my laptop and return, back to vinyl. (7", 10", 12" all the inches, wait that didn't sound right... Rusty Jabbers, I want y'all to know. I'm actually talking about vinyl. Well, this time I'am.) I owe it all to the djs of "Mobile Mondays" for letting me see and feel the magic taken place tonight. Also for letting me know there's still hope and that we can return home again. From what I'm witnessing, right now. There are still people who want to enjoy that authentic audio sound. I would most definitely like to be one of those djs that gives it to 'em. God Bless and thank you for a lovely night, and I'll see you in 365 more days for anniversary # 2.
____________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.linkedin.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: