Sunday, April 29, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2012 ISSUE # 05

PILLARS OF HIP HOP 3: CARIBBEAN CONNECTION TO HIP HOP I had plans today that I thought would have lasted throughout the day. I wanted to spend sometime with my father at Graceland Memorial Park in Kenilworth. Things didn't go quite as planned. My trip wasn't well planned at all. It's been seven months since the demise of my father. A burden its been on me and the rest of the family. Instead of remaining in this sulking mood. I decided to do something, the only thing that Dj Handspin Dinero would do and that's take his father out for a night on the town. I'll just celebrate his life and memory as if he was here. I don't want to be at home alone tonight on my father's birthday. C'mon, Dad let's bounce!
Where can I go tonight? Hmmm, I have an interests in making a Caribbean connection, this evening sort of like the same Caribbean connection my father made when he met my mother, 37 years ago. Except, this will not be a romantic Caribbean connection. This is an, "CARIBBEAN CONNECTION TO HIP HOP!" This is great, I can't wait. The last time, I heard one of those was '96 Big Pun's "Capital Punishment" album, LOL! However, I think Fokus may have something great in mind with the theme of the evening, "PILLARS OF HIP HOP 3: CARIBBEAN CONNECTION TO HIP HOP!!!"
I came in the door, no, no, no, that's Rakim's line I can't use that. Okay, I got it. How about, I kick through the door, no, no, no, that's Kay Slay's line. What am I smoking? Jacking a line from Kay Slay. Okay, got this for sure. I crept through the door, after a 20 minute walk from the westside to the eastside.... thanks once again our beloved NYC Transit System for the removal of the 4 and 5 trains this weekend. I loved it so much that it cost me a shot at being apart of this evening's panel. I'll try and fit in 10 minutes of left over panel time in my issue.
I may not have much to discuss. Why should I let that get me down, might as well get drunk take some pictures. I notice they are a lot of hip hop archives hung throughout the room. Speaking of room, you people don't crack windows anymore, lol. It's boiling hot in here but don't let that take me away from what I was talking about. Archives of hip hop's early years in the BX. I'm not sure if I should to take any pictures. Due to the type of camera I'm carrying. It only seems right though to take a few pictures. A lot of the pictures showcase artists and djs, well mainly djs from the early 70s all the way through to the early 80s. To think, a lot of this was taking place when I was between the ages of 5 and 6. I didn't know anything about hip hop at those ages. My favorite record, back then was Olivia Newton-John "Let's Get Physical". Which would explain a lot. I always wished I was born a little earlier, I would of love to partake in pretty much everything that I'm seeing on the walls in these photographs. There no different than the photographs I take today of a hip hop emcee and dj performing. The only difference, to me... I would have been apart of history. One of the originators that created our culture. Can't anything beat that.
Forgive me everyone if I start slurring my words. Uh, man what am I doing? Who mixes Oreo cookies and Red Stripe, massive internal injuries later on. So if you come across any misspelled words in this issue perhaps its due to my intoxication. I gotta give a shout out though to, Mi-Isla Coquito, thank y'all for the delicious island beverages. I loved my Oreo cookies! I want to thank Fokus for the meal if that's what's its called and cinnamon sticks. Although, I don't know anyone who sucks cinnamon that is not................ You know, what that's a conversation for another blog. Let me saved that for queerazspin.
Through the course of the evening I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I'm noticing on certain photographs I can't help but to see the reflection of the ceiling light appear in a few of the photographs, hanging on the wall. Forgive me for the poor quality, you know Dj Handspin Dinero delivers much better than that. I will make it up to you in forthcoming issues.
The time is whinding down, I been here half the night. Once again, I apologize for my late arrival. I just wish I could have been here for the panel talk. I was here all night... taking notes, taking pictures, getting drunk and not a peep from me. Being, "THE INCOGNITO BLOGGER" I'am, it's almost a shame to leave but a wiseman once said.... "IF YOU FIND SOMETHING, YOU LOVE TO DO. YOU'LL NEVER WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE!!!"
CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: (347)789-4543 Cellular: (646)339-4981 Cellular: (347)902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: