Friday, April 6, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2012 ISSUE # 01

DJ HANDSPIN DINERO INTERVIEWING DUJEOUS I would like to thank everyone for being here. What you are about to see is probably one of the best interviews I ever done. I'm not just saying that either, what makes this interview the best. It's been quite some time since I had the opportunity to sit down with an official hip hop live band or hip hop anything. Dujeous are one of New York's pioneers and greatest. It feels good to be among pure hip hop elements. The whole nature of my interview, its not even gonna be a interview. It's just going to be Dj Handspin Dinero hangin' out in the dressing room, kickin' it with Dujeous, before showtime. Now can y'all dig that. I was hoping everyone would have been back here. Mas D, stepped out. Who else is missing, I believe Taylormade, Daveguy, Tomek. With us, right now we have Mojo The Cinematic, Rheturik and Apex. Right now, I think I done stepped in a pile of shit. I'm in a room with a bunch of dudes getting themselves ready for tonight's album release party to their release "Day In Day Out". They just got themselves finished with the soundcheck, now there in the middle of putting together tonight's rsvp list, (an updated version). I'll try not to get in their way too much. 01.SPIN: The computer giving you problems over there. 02.MOJO: Nuh,its the powersource. You have a mac? 03.SPIN: Nuh, I wish I kinda been stuck with PCs all my life. 04.MOJO: I like mac don't get me wrong but the powersource on this shit. My shit is old anyway. It gives out mad quick. 05.SPIN: Oh Dam, cause I was gonna get a mac. Cause my pc gives out too much. 06.SPIN: Word I haven't heard D'Angelo in a minute is he still alive. 07.MOJO: He is still alive, he is actually back alive that muh fuckah like was close to not being alive. 08.SPIN: How long is your set? 09.APEX: An hour 10.SPIN: Is that one of your videos? 11.RHETURIK: Yeah! 12.MOJO: Where you from? 13.SPIN: I'm from Brooklyn. 14.MOJO: What part of Brooklyn? 15.SPIN: FLATBUSH! 16.MOJO: FLATBUSH! 17.SPIN: Quazzar, he had to move to Atlanta. 18.MOJO: Oh, he moved to Atlanta. I didn't know that. 19.SPIN: Oh, he got married, recently. 20.MOJO: Quazzar, that was my dude. 21.SPIN: He been living down there for like the past two years or maybe longer than that. He been down there for awhile and my other partner, Amor. She does Rusty Jabbz too but she does it on tumblr. 22.MOJO: She does it, I didn't know Rusty Jabbz was still around. 23.SPIN: Yeah, but we do it on the internet. We just don't do it on the newsletter. Like I do it on blogspot. She does it on tumblr. 24.MOJO: So you gotta split it up on Rusty Jabbz still, that's crazy. I used to be like into that newsletter. 25.SPIN: I'm just like the only one that's doing the journalism part of it. Amor just doing the photographs. I do, both the photography and the journalism. Which I don't mine, I love writing, writing is like talking. I like to talk and I like to write. 26.SPIN: Hold on, so you guys going on at 27.MOJO: Yeah, Yeah we goin' on by 10. 28.SPIN: So you guys got any openings acts, before you. 29.MOJO: Nuh just djs.... Dj Parlay and Dj Concern are goin' to get on. 30.SPIN: So you guys doin' the whole night. Isn't that kind of stingy. 31.MOJO: I'm sayin' yo, it's a party. You know how long it took to do this record, yo. 32.SPIN: Nuh, I'm just messing with you. 33.MOJO: Seriously, though I think the party part..... 34.SPIN: Nuh, that's even better. I rather just see one act. 35.MOJO: Yeah, I can't wait to perform and do that and everything for the people but the party part of it. Is like, its supposed to be a celebration tonight, I just wanna make sure. 36.SPIN: Because if you have too many acts. Then you got one act hogs it more than the other, everybody want to steal the spotlight. Yeah, you can't have too many of those. Too many of those opening acts. I want to thank, Mojo and I apologize if maybe anything that you said, was printed on this blog. You see what I just done. I created, a pre-interview of Dujeous. When in actuality, all it was a recording of a one on one conversation between Dujeous member' Mojo and I. Why, I did this you may ask. Well I seen that Dujeous was on a time limit. I had fear that, the interview wouldn't be possible. I had to play my F.B.I. role. It is things like these that makes me, "Your Favorite Writer's Favorite Writer!" We can actually move onto to the official interview. Dujeous, manage to squeeze in some time before the opening doors to knock this out. DUJEOUS INTERVIEW BY DJ HANDSPIN DINERO 01.SPIN: It's not much questions. I would say, introduce the members of the group but um half the group is not here. Introduce who's here and who's not here. 02.MOJO: Mojo The Cinematic, one of the emcees of Dujeous 03.RHETURIK: Rheturik, another emcee 04.APEX: Apex bass player/ producer and not here. We have Taylormade, guitar/ producer, we have Mas D, one of the emcees, we have Tomek Jones work on drums, Dave Guy on trumpet. You know, once you get to all of us. Your intro gets warmer. 05.SPIN: I basically wanna talk about the album pretty much. You know, I'm not going to be like most journalist and talk where you been. I'm going to talk about tonight's performance because that's what I'm focusing on. Because after I leave here, I'm going to go downstairs and prepare tonight's article because that's how I do, Word. So, you know let's talk about tonight and the album. You know and what do you guys expect from tonight's event. 06.RHETURIK: Well if the rsvp list is any indication. We are expecting a good turn out tonight. Drom is a cool venue I seen a couple of other artist here. The sound is good, the vibe is good. We just gonna enjoy tonight you know and celebrate the fact. We actually pushed this ah baby out. Which is day and day help. 07.APEX: IT WAS A BREECH BABY!!! 08.MOJO: that was a official fucking, C-SECTION, yo 09.APEX: complications but its looking like its going to be a healthy baby album. 10.SPIN: LOL! DAM! I'm dying to hear it you know. I think the last product I ever heard from you guys I believe um... I know it was a mixtape. I know, you guys put out a lot of mixtapes. My man, Quazzar could vouch on that. I know, if it wasn't for him. I would have never heard of Dujeous. He was the one that put me on to you guys. 11.MOJO: Yeah, Yeah, no Quazzar was always that cat, always that cat that would be outside the Dujeous's Show with the boombox so the show can continue. 12.RHETURIK: Always in our corner. "PEACE TO QUAZZAR!".... many, many freestyle cyphers over Quazzar's beat box, I could promise you that lol. 13.SPIN: So, what's the album about? Is this a member of Dujeous? 14.DUJEOUS: (simultaneously screaming)........ JONES!!!! 15.SPIN: What's up man, Dj Handspin 16.SPIN: What kind of liquor you got?.... Don't worry, this is not P.G. This is RATED X! This is blogspot I curse on the blog. My viewers, you know they know about me. You don't gotta worry about that. 17.DUJEOUS: RATED X!!! 18.SPIN: Ok, let's talk about the album. You guys wanna run down the songs or certain songs. Or you know.... 19.APEX: We got some ill guest on the album for sure. You know, our first album didn't really have any guest alright. No guest. 20.SPIN Actually, that sounds like a plus. I hate guest, man. You making it sound like a bad thing, lmao. 21.APEX: Nuh!, Nuh! not at all. 22.MOJO: I agree, here's the thing. It's like we've been doing this for a real long time. When we did that record I was from city limits, it was like very, very personal. Where we basically, locked ourselves in the studio like every weekend and like we be there overnight. The next day and overnight again and come out like vampires and shit and like. You know, we just did it ourselves whatever. But from doing this music as long as we have we just created a lot of good relationships. Instead of it being like, yo like we need to get this person on our record. Like how much can we pay to get a Cam'ron verse. Like, I was just saying Cam'ron. But it was more like you know natural. 23.JIGSAW: I feel like the mob, duke coming in through the kitchen. 24.MOJO: (screaming) JIGSAW THE PUZZLER!!!! 25.DUJEOUS: Peace to Jigsaw, he's on the register. 26.SPIN: Yeah, I seen him on the register.... Peace fam, Dj Handspin! 27.JIGSAW: Dj Handspin, nice to meet you man. 28.SPIN: I remember you, for the first time I seen him at Demerara's. Dam, I mentioned Demerara's that makes me feel old and shit. I'm not even gonna mention my age or anything. 29.DUJEOUS: Wow, you went back 30.APEX: We're all teenagers here. We're all teenagers here. 31.JIGSAW: We all still in that time, right. 32.MOJO: That's the thing though its like whatever we created, the relationships that we're able too. The collaborations that we have on the record ended up naturally happening. Instead of it being like a crazy, wild.... 33.APEX: like reach out, like yooooo get on my record yooo please 34.MOJO: It always happen like that, lol 35.JIGSAW: You don't gotta reach out like that. It's always a natural progression. 36.SPIN: So, where you guys hail from? 37.MOJO: I'm from East Harlem 38.SPIN: Oh, Oh your from Harlem is that the reason why you like Cam'ron because of Harlem, lol 39.SPIN: This is Dj Handspin Dinero of Rusty Jabbz/ RJE Media...right I'm kicking it backstage in the dressing room of Dujeous. Just moments away from their album release party. Speaking of album release, we have the members here autographing copies of the "Day In Day Out" cds. 40.MOJO: It's rare to autograph cd's in New York 41.APEX: We got some pre-orders DUJEOUS "DAY IN DAY OUT" ALBUM RELEASE PARTY @ DROM 85 AVENUE A NYC What was so different than my typical Tuesday night. You can normally find me, in front of the television. I usually call that "SUPER TUESDAYS!" sitting at home in front of the television watching my star powered shows. Tonight though the star-power goes to DUJEOUS. I would like to thank, Apex for the invite and for giving me the chance to interview you guys. Although it wasn't much of an, interview but still good none the less. I got a chance once again to hang out with one of hip hop's pioneer live bands. I got to see, how they live from the start of sound check from earlier to the opening of the doors on Drom. However, the interview didn't go as planned so some of my readers and followers may be a bit disappointed. Have no fear though I will make this an exciting review and article based on tonight's homely evening of Dujeous "Day In Day Out" album release party. YOU GOTTA BE OUTTA YOUR FUCKIN' MIND! I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I want to order a cheeseburger, french fries and a sprite. According to Drom's waitress that's $15.00 plus tip and gratuity already included. I told her, "Your looking at a meal that cost $21.08. Why would I pay that much for a burger, french fries and soda meal here. When I can go up the block and pay $7.61 at Mc Donalds." Sorry, I didn't mean to burden any of y'all with that. I didn't come out tonight to bitch about Drom's enormous prices. I came out to party with Dujeous and celebrate their new release "Day In Day Out" I return back to Drom at 10pm, nice to see the club go from empty to full in a matter of 60. I knew it, the band I believe they're expecting 500 deep tonight. I see my nemesis is here, he's one of the 500 deep. I won't mention any names because it seems that every time I mention this person's name either him or his crew takes my words the wrong way. I'm not going to start any trouble. Tonight is all about Dujeous. If anyone knows, know..... the show is about to go down. The best part of the evening, I shouldn't say that.... the party been up on arise up until this point. This beer challenge will only make their party, how Lil Jon used to say it, "CRUNK!" A male and female participant called to the stage to chug a lug off of Dujeous, "The New Beer Song". I thought that was awesome. Hey, Rusty Jabbers I think, I found me a personal beer anthem for my night's with the boys. Oh shit love that name wherever I go. Hip Hop heads can't get enough of THE IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE!!! Technique performing alongside with Dujeous. This night is just getting better and better. I'm having a great time tonight. There have been many times where I didn't have this opportunity to stay out this late because I always had to work the next day. I'm sitting in Drom during a Dujeous, album release party. Seventeen years ago, I never had this opportunity. I always had to leave by 11:30pm, never was able to see the full shows in those days. My alternatives were always weekends, holidays, spring and summer breaks. It is funny, how my life have made a 360. I'am very appreciative to the free time in my life but not appreciative to the way I achieved them. Dj Neil Armstrong, leading us into "THE FUCKIN' DUNGEONS OF RAPS!" Great show, fellows now I can put this pen and down and mix with this grown-n-sexy crowd. Dujeous, I would like to say Rusty Jabbz have been to and reviewed a lot of different hip hop shows, wrestling shows, art shows, screenings, parties. What makes this particular event resemble an wrestling show, if you guys were veteran wrestlers standing in the middle of a ring. The crowd, be screaming and roaring at the top of their lungs "YOU STILL GOT IT!" "YOU STILL GOT IT!" "YOU STILL GOT STILL GOT IT" and y'all really do. Thank you for tonight. Ceo: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: (347)789-4543 Cellular: (646)339-4981 Cellular: (347)902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: