Saturday, March 17, 2012

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER MARCH 2012 ISSUE # 02


















This will be one hell of a weekend between the St. Patrick Day Holiday and Parade taken place along with the 19th Annual Original "G.L.B.T. EXPO". Event will be held all weekend at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Today is my first visit to one of these expo I'am so looking forward too it. This is definitely an odd occasion if you ask anyone other than me. In my 36 years, I only visited the Javits Center on 2 occasions. Today will make it my 3rd occasions. I've been to the Javits Center once for the Auto Show and once for Black Expo but never once in its 19 years for the G.L.B.T. Expo. So you know I'm out looking for a ball this afternoon.

I've been looking forward to this event for a month now. I'm not quite sure the nature of my business here. I came here to observe my people and see how we live. I been looking forward to this. I'm always open-minded to our lives of the homosexuality arts, roots and culture. Well at least since July 11, 2011 my day of opening.

Deep down, I feel I'm here for more. It's as if I want to be apart of the gathering. I only been here for a mere 15 minutes so far and during that time. I enjoyed the musical stylings of Nicki Exotic (freaky name, huh). I'm not sure what to expect throughout the day but I'm looking forward to every second, every minute of today.

I wandered around the center going from vendor to vendor. Just to observe briefly its energy. This is all I needed as I thought to myself. I can either be that lonely male that I see myself as today. Or, really get into a zone and start igniting relationships with others. Today is not the day to be labelled as an "Social Retard".

Since today is my first time attending an event like this. I wanted to take the liberty to review about today's addendum. It is definitely a lot to discuss. What I find normally disturbing at an expo. People are so happy and delighted to be here. They receive all sorts of documentations, flyers, postcards, magazines to great magnitude. People will take 'em with consideration but by the end of the event a good majority of these products you will see in the dumpster.

Today, I've visited a lot of different vendors, talked with different people. I left here by the end of the event with a bag full of information. Some information maybe relevant and some not. The sole purpose of having expos, this one in particular is to create awareness with the gay and lesbian community. As well as to inflict entertainment. Education is always an important factor.

Before, I go any further. I would like to stop briefly to thank two women from two different vendors that sold me remarkable items. To Kim Milligan and Kristy Lawton of Zane'y Couture Jewelry and Handbags. They sold me, the most beautiful rainbow ring something I always been looking for. It's so official. To Yasmenda McCoy of L.Y.R.I.C., I would like to thank you for that beautiful gay pride strap bag. Another, beautiful item money well spent. To Provincetown and Tourism Vancouver, thank you for your promotional bags as if I didn't have enough. However, I did see a very controversial and life threatening shirt being sold at the expo by Pride Pawz. The shirt read, "REAL MEN LIKE WEENERS". Lol, a shirt like that will stir up a lot of attention both, humorous and ignorant. I'm not quite sure if I want to go down that road as of yet. Anyone who has an interests in that T-shirt feel free to visit www.pridepawz.com.

I would like to take this time now to discuss some of the vendors and businesses I came in contact with throughout this evening.
How many of our people like to enjoy romantic getaways with their loved ones. In places like Provincetown Massachusetts, Salem Massachusetts, The Island of Martha's Vineyard Massachusetts is the state for us during vacation. View all the acres, the sites, the inns, it's a gay's man paradise. Visit www.massvacation.com for further details.

That is only in the mere, New England region let's cross the border into Canada. Gay Fabulous Vancouver, B.C. Tourism Vancouver prime hotel and residence for gays and lesbians. It seems there is an sweepstakes going on, right now. So if anyone would like to participate visit www.tourismvancouver.com. There accepting applicants from anywhere in the United States. There offering 4 nights at the Sutton Place Hotel, with a chance to be in a video and photo shoot. You will receive professional hair and make up. This right here, sounds totally awesome I would love to go. But, that doesn't mean my beautiful brothers and sisters can't jump on it. I wish anyone the best if they do.

This was one I thought was extremely cool. I would love to win or even be nominated for "MR GAY WORLD USA". Mr Gay World USA Reality TV Show, promoting the next American Gay. It'll be like watching RuPaul's Drag Race. For information about the upcoming reality show, visit www.mrgayworldusa.com or www.facebook.com/mrgayworldusa.

You know when I was growing up I knew I was gay before I was gay. Sounds confusing, I know. What I mean by that statement. As a young child I didn't do what your average young child did. I wasn't into your regular sports like most males. The closest thing to a sport to me was wrestling. Wrestling had an feminine touch for some reason. The whole concept of man on man action inside the ring amused me. The sports I learned about today have maybe changed my outlook. SPORTS FOR GAYS! SPORTS FOR LESBIANS! This is something I would like to be apart of and endorse. Everyone thank the NYC Gay Basketball League Women's Division www.nycgbl.org. And to the New York City Gay Basketball League www.nycgaybasketball.org. Your presence here was gracious. Now I have a reason to watch sports.

THE CLOSING:
I'm coming to the end of my blog. As everyone know by now. I had a wonderful day. It was great getting out here and attending the G.L.B.T. expo for the first time. I will definitely, never forget this day and its not because I'm blogging about it. I know, I mention quite a few sites I took advantage at viewing and learning about during my day. There is an particular one that I would like to speak about before I close out my article. This is an important one. I'm going to need everyone's attention.

How many gays, lesbians, bi's, transgenders know about BULLYING AND SUICIDES!!! This is just one of the topics that G.M.A.D. supports. G.M.A.D., it stands for Gay Men of African Descent. G.M.A.D. an organization founded in 1986 by Charles Angel. The organization is still in operation. An organization like this was only built to help African-Americans and African Descent males who mainly were suffering not only from S.T.D. viruses but in the urban streets of New York. At a time when the system, were not reaching out to the people of the inner city that suffered with hiv/aids viruses. Those constant denials allow the lack of their health ruin their lives.
Thanks to G.M.A.D. who have been working on the quality of life for the past 26 years. It's a movement like no other, there agenda is too fight effectively against sexually transmitted disease, homophobia and racism, health and wellness and social support. These are just some of the few things. They offer Free Hiv Antibody testing, Hiv Positive Support Services, Open Discussion Groups, Mental Health Services, Anti-Stigma Discrimination Campaign, Young Adult Support Services, Stop The Bullying & Suicides Campaign and plenty more. Take advantage of your free visit to www.gmad.org or call (718) 222-6300.

This has been a marvelous weekend. I don't know which one I've enjoyed more. Attending an G.L.B.T. expo or writing about an G.L.B.T. an expo. I choose both but the weekend doesn't have to end. Thanks to the G.O.A.L. (Gay Officers Action League) they'll be having a, "THE GOAL GIVES BACK LAUNCH PARTY" next Friday, March 23rd at Pieces 8 Christopher St. Doors Open at 10pm, Showtime at 11pm Admission: No Charge "Proceeds to benefit GOAL and the ALI FORNEY Center."
Don't worry in another issue I'll have the flyer submitted.

I would like to thank everyone that came out here this afternoon. The gays, lesbians, bi's, transgenders, transvestite and whomever else attended. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. As I mentioned, earlier in my blog. This is my first time ever attending an G.L.B.T. EXPO. My first time, won't be my last time. To anyone out there who were unfortunate and could not make it out here today. Hopefully, you'll make it out here tomorrow. Remember the, G.L.B.T. EXPO is going on all weekend. This is something that we need. It's that one time of year, we get together in family unison and unite as one. This is a place where we get to be amongst our peers for several hours away from the heels and heathens of the outside world that plot against us for the way we live and manifest our culture. The G.L.B.T. EXPO is here to bring about education, health & awareness, connections, networking, entertainment, travel and most importantly PRIDE. Pride is something everyone needs and no one ought to be ashamed for the path he or she chosen in life. If you have pride here today and your proud of being gay. Let me hear say, "I'M GAY AND I'M PROUD". This is what its all about, being true to who you are.

After I left the Javits Center I felt the pride in me. The only thing I didn't feel was the love towards the end of the event. I don't know, it seems like some sort of an cheap stunt. At exactly 5:47pm the lights began lowering in the section where the G.L.B.T. EXPO was taking place. If you ask me, that is a strange way to send a message to the attendance of the expo. People don't use megaphones to make announcements anymore. I'm pretty sure they could have made several announcements that the expo was closing for the evening. I'm just saying that an megaphone could have easily been used in that situation but lowering the lights as an alert. Tacky, so tacky.

On my way out the doors of the Javits Center. I needed to sit down and go through my items and promotional materials. This is what I discussed earlier in my blog. In regards to people attending events, any event. It doesn't necessarily have to be this one here but the point is. We attend events, parties, expos you name it, we attend it . During our stay we'll receive a mass majority of material handed to us. Which 9 times out of 10 usually ends up in the trash at the end of the night. Of course that will not happen with me. I actually sat out in front of the Javits Center to organize my backpack to accustom these products to fit properly. While I was doing that I had the enjoyment of watching the people exit the Javits. Beautiful sites for these sores eyes.. from male with male, female with female, group action, I even seen a few singles walking by (DAM!!! I could have hollered at a least one or two) Seeing all of them walking by, all happy and cheering, hand to hand. It was such a beautiful thing. (More beautiful than Keith Murray's album lol)

During my 28 years of hiding my homosexuality. You would have never expected any of this from Dj Handspin Dinero. There was times, I guess you would say I was anti-gay or maybe you thought that about me. When in reality I was just in denial. I know, I shared with many people about my coming out last year. I don't know how many times a person can come out. I guess, once that person is out he or she is out. Today, however felt like THE SECOND COMING!!!!








CONTACTS:
CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: (347) 789-4543
Cellular: (347) 902-5355
Cellular: (646) 339-4981
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin
Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero
Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero
Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com
Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com
Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: