Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter June 2010

RUSTY JABBZ ENTERTAINMENT GROUP presents Rusty Jabbz Newsletter

This is Dj Handspin Dinero here it everyone once again. Its been a minute since I been jibbering and especially JABBING with my hip hop supporters and viewers. I'm back today in honor of hip hop at Radio Star Bar 3 W. 35th st btw 5th and 6th aves. in the heart of Herald Square, Manhattan. What a perfect time to shine some old hip hop light on New York City you know we need it and by god do we need it.

Everywhere I go and everything I read something always come up with a caption stating, "What happened to New York and its emcees". I'm here to let everyone know that New York is still here we aint going nowhere. We birthed dis genre and if necessary New York will be the state to kill dis genre. Right now, New York is on hiatus and in the meantime watching the other states blow up and do their thing. However, there are hip hop poppin' off on New York's soil. Just last week I witnessed, Jay Electronica live in a park concert at Red Park for the first time and I enjoyed every minute of it. Last night I wanted to witness, Nice and Smooth perform live inside of Betsey Head Park but the rain kept them back and called off the concert. Seeing Nice and Smooth would have made my day they were one of my favorite groups back in the late 80s/early 90s. I was so tight that the concert never popped off due to bad weather conditions. I'm not tripping anymore the HEAT just begun perhaps another chance at seeing them live in concert will arise.

Today, I want to bring you to a new spot in Herald Square, the Radio Star Bar introducing a thursday night delight called, "HIP HOP HAPPY HOUR" from 6pm-10pm. All my afterworkers on a thurs night you come on down and listen to the sweet spinning and stylings of Dj Malik Stone, as he plays organic and retroactive hip hop at the dawn of time to the golden area. Is he playing millenium hip hop, I do not have a clue. If he does however, I reckon it'll be HOT.
What I do know is that Dj Malik Stone had the whole crowd fooled even myself as he banged out classic hip hop hits from a computer by using a software called "D.J.A.Y" of his mac laptop. This program doesn't require turntables, a mixer, serato scracthlive and/or serato itch. Its mainly a computer showcasing the software with 2 graphical images of turntables and a mixer with a music library. No additional interface boxes or special interface mixers are made to accommodate this system. This software was designed for that young person who has a vision and a dream of being a dj but does not want to go through the troubles of learning to dj the hardway. Nonetheless, no matter which way a dj learns how to mix his music as long as that dj can ROCK THE PARTY.
The party was rocking for only a brief afterwork party this past thursday. I enjoyed the musical artifacts of songs such as Black Moon "Who got the props?", Busta Rhymes "Put ya hands where my eyes can see", BDP "The Bridge is over", MC Shan "The Bridge", A Tribe Called Quest "Electric Relaxation", Brand Nubian "Slow Down" Nice and Smooth "Early to Rise", Gangstarr "Dwyck", "BIG "Party and Bullshit" and Beat Nuts "Off the Hook" just to name a few. I could go on for days naming all the lovely hip hop memorabilia hits I've heard. I rather you come down and witness it for yourself and enjoy it yourself.

The party is bought to you every 1st and 4th thursday of the month by Stay Thirty Entertainment.
So the next time your in the New York area on a thursday evening, ask yourself "You know I haven't heard real hip hop inna New York minute?" that will be your que to come down and unwind and relive the glory days of the way hip hop was made to be.

This party comes 110 % RUSTY JABBZ CERTIFIED and if you don't know you betta ask sum body!