Friday, October 16, 2009

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2009 6TH ENTRY

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2009 ENTRY# 6

Dj Handspin is in the house although after last night I don't know if I should call myself a DJ anymore. Last night, (Thurs., Oct. 15th 2009) I was invited to the Grand Opening of the Brooklyn Guitar Center down at the Atlantic Center Mall. It was a new dj experience, well at least thats what they put on the flyer but they were not jivin' it really was a "NEW DJ EXPERIENCE!" An experience that will make your DICK HARD, as you see from my phrase I love dee jaying more than PUSSY!

I arrived at the spot and the first person I see is one of my coolest homies, Concept up in there. I didn't expect to see him up in there. There weren't alotta people in there that I knew but the place was packed wall to wall a party goin' down in the mall. Dj Chotchie was on the wheels as the opening dj (ma, pardon self if I missed spelled your name). One thing to expect when you are invited to a DJ Event featuring class acts like Kool Herc, Grand Wizard Theodore, Grand Mixer DXT, The Original Jazzy Jay and so forth. Events like this your gonna go back to the future to 1973. I felt like the show of 'Life On Mars'. Y' all remember "Life On Mars", that police show that came out last year with the police who was shot and ended up in a coma and woke up in 1973. Well, lastnight was 1973, even though I was born 2 years later but it felt like THE BEGINNING OF HIP HOP!!! Believe what I say when I tell you, me being a hip hop enthusiast it was a great moment for me. I love moments like this.

There were alotta surprises and guests I didn't expect but it made the night even more interesting. Before, I begin this blog I just wanna start off by saying, "Dam, how did djs make their names?" Djs from that era had the most longest names sometimes 3 or 4 words to make a name and to top it all off they had aliases and titles of themselves. To some people you may take it as ego trippin' or just over exaggerating their selves and their talent. Which brings me to the host of the evening, The GrandMixer DXT. I was like come on how many Grands were djing in that era we got GrandMaster Flash, GrandWizzard Theodore but if that wasn't enuff you had pioneer djs there like The Imperial Jaycee, The Original Jazzy Jay is all that really necessary to add on these adjectives. I know and understand they are the pioneers of this thing we call "HIP HOP!" I just think it was a little too much. Maybe I should add an adjective to my name, how about "THE MUSIC SELEKTAH, DJ HANDSPIN DINERO!" Can you imagine seeing all that printed on a party flyer.

Grandmixer DXT was the host for the night to introduce and give stories of each dj that were scheduled to perform and boy were there some stories. I got some stories I want to share with y' all. I may not get it all in this blog. I may have to hit y' all with an continuation we will see. After, Dj Chotchie finished her opening set, THE FATHER OF HIP HOP/THE CREATOR OF THE PACK UP & GO HOME THEORY, DJ KOOL HERC. It was a pleasure seeing Kool Herc on the wheels I was confused at first I thought Kool Herc was gonna do a dj scratching set but he didn't he played more music. The music, Kool Herc played was good I filmed his whole set. This was probably my first seeing Dj Kool Herc on the wheels, he played alotta different types of music mainly obscure and for required viewers with a required taste in music. Next up to the decks was Dj Chuck Chillout another Hip Hop DJ Icon. I don't think Dj Chuck Chillout was scheduled to appear I think he came on the strength because when asked to do a dj set Chuck looked like he didn't understand the computer dj system. He had to use Dj Chotchie's dj system because he didn't have his own dj set up. Dj Chotchie was no were around to help assist Mr Chuck Chillout but eventually she was found and came to Chuck's assistance. Once all of that was out the way Dj Chuck Chillout began to spin RUFF RHYMEZ while his main man, STIK-E from STIK-E and The HOODZ took the microphone and played the m. c. and got the crowd hype. Chuck banged out those golden era raps joints like Smoothe The Hustla "Broken Language" and Blahzay Blahzay "Danger", I remember those 2 joints str8 BROOKLYN in the early 90s there were other flavas but those 2 touched me at the moment of the evening. After, Dj Chuck Chillout's set was finished the show began.

DJ SHOWCASE
1. Dj GrandWizard Theodore aka The Jimi Hendrix Of The Turntable aka The Inventor Of The Scratch

2. The Imperial Jay Cee, The Inventor Of The STOP WATCH THEORY. The Stop Watch Theory was invented by Jay Cee as some sort of a 1 upsmanship battle toward GrandMaster Flash. We all know GrandMaster Flash was the 1st and only dj to use Chic's "Goodtimes" 12" and event, The Clock Theory. The Clock Theory was when you juggle the record back n forth and forth n back. GrandMaster Flash was the 1st to do that so The Imperial Jay Cee decided to takes that same record by Chic and invent his own theory naming it, The Stop Watch. Which is pretty much the same as The Clock Theory but faster. Hence 1 upping GrandMaster Flash and his theory.

3. The Original Jazzy Jay

4. This next dj was a big surprise to me because this dj is from my generation and I grew up on him and alwayz wanted to be like him but cudn't quite get it. Dj Scratch was introduced to the stage to do his set and no disrespect to the other legendary djs but I think Dj Scratch killed it. (Later I got a funny story but true story about Dj Scratch I'll share that with you next blog)

5. GrandMixer DXT (the host for the night) was going to take the set but declined. Due to every other dj that played prior pretty much played and cutted up the same records he was going to play so he went onto introduce the DJ BATTLE-THE GRAND FINALE OF THE NIGHT.

Dj Battle was a theme of Old School vs New School. The participants involved were Dj Stevie D, The Creator of Beat Juggling, Dj Precision, Dj Rob Swift and Dj CutMaster DC. I didn't catch much of the battle because time wuz among me. I been posted up in a hot ass Guitar Center for 4 hours with no food, tired, sweaty, faint, aching back and feet. I do not need to share all that info with you guys but I'm going to email the manager of Guitar Center and let him know what I went through for four hours and they never announced the raffle. They probably did announce but I had to bounce I got plantation in the morning. I probably didn't win anyway but thats besides the point. There were alot of interuptions and constant stalling. Nonetheless I had a lovely time. Dj Rob Swift did a wonderful set that knocked me and the crowd off of our feet. He dedicated that to Roc Raida and Mr Magic. It was definitely a DJ NIGHT!

"LAST NIGHT CHANGED IT ALL I REALLY HAD A BALL!"
I want to thank you for reading this Rusty Jabbz Newsletter October 2009 Entry# 06 this is only PART ONE. PART TWO COMING SOON!

No comments: