Tuesday, October 13, 2009

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2009 5TH ENTRY

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER OCTOBER 2009 ENTRY# 05

Hey its Dj Handspin Dinero in the house and I'm here to pay homage to one of the most illest hip hop record label still standing today, if you aint guess by now whut I'm talking about its DEF JAM!!! Today's the big day, the day I been looking forward too ever since Vh1 announced that they will be paying homage to Def Jam records. I know everyone is watching Vh1's Hip Hop Honors right now. And if your not watching it then your nuthin' but a busta. I gotta say and I admit, I only been watching Vh1s Hip Hop Honors for only 2 years. 2008 was my first time watching it and I enjoyed it ever since it totally blew my mind. So you can manage my surprise when I heard they were coming on tonight and to top it off do a salute to Def Jam.

Vh1s Hip Hop Honors is way better than BET HIP FLOP AWARDS!. I could love and appreciate Vh1s Hip Hop Honors because it respects its conglomerates.

Tonight, Vh1s Hip Hop Honors will be respecting the Def Jam conglomerates. Def Jam, the first successful rap/hip hop label that is still standing today. Def Jam, a record label originally founded, owned & operated by Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin and the label still lives as Hip Hop lives. Over the years, Def Jam went through many owners and operators such as Lyor Cohen and Kevin Liles to Shakir Stewart (Rest In Peace), Jermaine Dupri, Jay Z and L. A.Reid. L. A. Reid, is the current C. E. O. of Def Jam records even though I do not like L. A. Reid's operating skillz toward Def Jam records, he still is amongst the past executives that are still keeping its legacy alive.

L. A. Reid may not run Def Jam forever, who knows pretty soon there maybe another muti-millionaire mogul waiting to take Def Jam over and continue its legacy. Who ever it is may Def Jam records remain dormant as the powerhouse label it is this rap game.

Today, I was on my own little Def Jam tribute. I started out the day bangin' the Def Jam Greatest Hits cd then switched over to Jay Z, first Def Jam release, " In My Lifetime Vol 1" and from there I started pumpin' LL Cool J "Mr Smith" and later ending my day with Onyx "Shut Em Down", which was probably the best album Onyx ever released. I wish my Def Jam tribute I cudda banged more today but I had alotta obstacles in my way.

Right now, Vh1s Hip Hop Honors is on for the 2nd time and I'm unable to watch it but its okay though cuz I'm DVRing it and imma save it 4 da weekend just me and my lil' lady. I just wanted to write this brief blog showing my love for Def Jam. Well, showing my love for early Def Jam. All my real niggaz and niggettes in the streetz know which era was the real Def Jam. You know the T-La Rocks, the Nice and Smooths, the Slick Ricks, the Beastie Boyz's, the LLs, the PEs, the Onyx's, the 3rd Basses, the Redmans, The Method Mans, the Def Squads, the Jay Zs you know whut I'm sayin' now that wuz a DEF JAM ERA! All this bullshit Def Jam puttin' out now I don't know what the fuck it is. But whatever it is I wish it would stop.

I could sit here and salute Def Jam and bomb on Def Jam all night but before I do that. In fact I'm not going to do that imma let Def Jam have their night. I just wanna know are there any real hip hop niggaz out there. If so, I got some hip hop trivia questions for ya.

HIP HOP TRIVIA:

01. Name the first artist and release on Def Jam records?
02. Who was the first artist on Def Jam to go platinum?
03. Where was Def Jam originally built and operated from?
04. Who were the first distributors of Def Jam records?

Thats all imma give yall for now if yall a real hip hop nigga like me yall should know these answers. Submit all your answers to djhandspindinero@yahoo.com The winners get a prize. Male winners get a bag of boom and the female winners get to date a real nigga with a PHD!!!


I know, I gotta lotta love for Def Jam and I'm very happy about the Vh1s Hip Hop Honors paying homage and respect to them but I still think DEF JAM LOST THEIR SOOOOUUUULLLLSSSS!!!! boooyaaaa

No comments: