Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter June 2018 Issue #02 "Pride Month"

I just would like to thank, the LGBTQ Universe for yesterday's evening get together at the Brooklyn Borough Hall sponsored in part by Metro Plus Health Plan.

The events that took place on Monday was not my typical Monday evening. I'am glad for one Monday where I took the liberty to come out and spend time with my LGBTQ family.

This was something I've been looking forward too for the past week. I didn't know how to respond to an event like this. I've been out of the closet for the past 07 years. I'am gay and proud to be GAY! Better yet, I'am a "FAGGOT!" Yes, I said, Faggot. I'am not ashamed to acknowledge myself by the "F" word.

It was many years prior to July 2011, I lived myself on the d.l. At the time, being on the downlow wasn't a big deal. I know, they say when a person is living and hiding their sexuality on the low. Its a person who is uncertain with whom he or she see themselves. I do believe there's a possibility that is a true statement. However I never gave it much thought. I always looked at being on the downlow, as kind of like me having a secret identity. Something like your favorite superhero.

I believe that was the point of last night's Pride Month gathering. I'am sitting in a large room among a group of people who share the same interests in love that I do. A group of people who love one another. A group of people who go through the daily ridicule and bashing, simply based off of who we love. This isn't something we bought onto ourselves. No one, here tonight in the LGBT community can say they asked for this.

It is a fact, you're a gay humanbeing in America. You're going to get picked on and made fun of. Which is something I do not mine. If the ignoramuses of society want to attack me with their negative words and bad grammar. I do not have a problem with that. Its when you lay your hands on me in an attempt towards an act of bashing. It's over, I'm no longer an LGBT nigga thats when I become a GANGSTA nigga. I tell all you, straight muthafuckaz, say what you want about me. I don't give a shit. A lot of these straight muthafuckaz be jealous anyway. They're only jealous because our men look better than their busted women, lol.

😂 This was probably the closest I ever came to a group of LGBT's other than the bars and the parades. As I sat here throughout the course of the evening. I just couldn't help but to wonder, how many possible males have I come across on internet gay chatlines. Let me be real, that was the closest I ever came to gay interactions.

Now, you see my reason in tonight's participation. It was worth it. I'am glad I came. I may have missed a night of Rings Of Honor Wrestling. I can do without one Monday of wrestling to spend an awesome evening with family.... "HAPPY PRIDE!" 🤘

Thank you to the following people involved for making this all happen 😍 💋💋
Mickey Heller and Jamie Farnam (Brooklyn Pride), Eric L. Adams (Brooklyn Borough President), Abby Stein and Charles M. Blow (Council Speaker), Corey Johnson (Immigration Equality), Carlos Menchaca (Council Member 38th District) and Rotunda (Reception and DJ)

2 comments:

Jendog said...

i. LOVE. you. thank you. can't wait to see ya!

Dj Handspin Dinero said...

Hey, Jen Happy Pride Day Did you go to the parade if so how was it I was out there had a good time I hope your pride weekend was the same