Saturday, July 22, 2017

Rusty Jabbz Newsletter July 2017 Issue #02 "Summerstage Presents Evelyn "Champagne" King @ Corporal Thompson Park

Today, isn't something ordinary Rusty Jabbz does. I wanted to do something different than the normal, Talib Kweli live performance taking place this afternoon. How many times have I seen a Talib Kweli performance. I understand, he may have some of his new material. There is never a day, where I don't want to hear or see a performance by Talib Kweli. Unfortunately, today happen to be one of those days. Today, I'm looking to expand Rusty Jabbz/ Worldwidejabbz media beyond the  traditional hip hop. The event going down, this afternoon is something I rarely partake in. A live performance at Corporal Thompson Park, Staten Island bought to you by, the woman who makes your, "Love Come Down", Evelyn "Champagne" King.

Right now, I'm enjoying a loving Saturday afternoon in the 80° weather on the B-8 bus. I haven't rode on one of these in a very long time. To those of you who don't know, the B-8 bus used to be my form of transportation, when I was attending New Utrecht H.S. I hated those four years of the journey then and I hate it today. The only difference, unlike high school, today's journey is perhaps worth its wait and frustration from the New York MTA.

Look at this, now I'm over the Verrazano Bridge. I couldn't tell you the last time I drove across the Verrazano bridge. Perhaps it was with my daddy, God rest his soul. He always used this bridge for short cuts. My daddy would take the Verrazano, sometimes back into New Jersey. Short cuts, kind of like what I'm doing now with the S-53. Just trying to avoid that Manhattan weekend on the subway. I did, finally arrive, of course getting myself lost in the process but I manage to find where it was I going. In the heart of, "WEST BRIGHTON", Wu Tang Territory, totally awesome.

I'm feeling the ol' vibes and loving it. The dj got them ol' skool jems rocking that's what's up! Dj Joey Carvello, "Dj Disco King" on the 1 & 2's.

Rusty Jabbz are y'all ready to party. Worldwide Jabbz are y'all ready to party. If your ready to party, let's party.

"RAIN COME DOWN, MUSIC MAKE THE RAIN COME DOWN!", LOL.
The sun gone down, there's a nice cool breeze throughout the air. I'm feeling some drops that would truly suck getting stranded out in Staten Island in the middle of the rain. It's a wet afternoon in NYC. You know the woman of hour had something to do with this. Give it up, NYC and all my followers to Evelyn "Champagne" King and her husband, Freddie Fox (not the emcee, Freddie Foxxx). This Freddie Fox is a guitarist and  happens to be her husband of 26 years. Give a round of applause, coming to you this afternoon from the Boogie Down, Bronx, Fascination. And, of course we always got to thank the crowd motivator, Dj Joey Carvello.

I had, me a good time this afternoon off of, Miss Champagne's classic hits. These are classic tunes you can still hear, everyday, all day over the radio. You can even hear them via internet but its a whole other feeling when you see an actual artist perform for the first time. No one can get over the feeling of seeing their favorite artist, right in front of you.

I was having a good time until it started raining but that wasn't the major issue. The major issue was all these damn bugs flying around me interfering with my recording of the performance. Things were going so smoothly until the interuption. Regardless, today still was a great day and we have Evelyn "Champagne" King and Summerstage to thank for it.

The music doesn't stop in Shaolin. Going down tomorrow afternoon in South Beach, Staten Island will be Wu Tang's own The GZA/ Genius.

No comments: