Thursday, November 12, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER NOVEMBER 2015 ISSUE #01 "MY ALL AMERICAN!" THE SCREENING....





"MY ALL AMERICAN" Starring: Aaron Eckhart, Finn Wittrock, Robin Tunney, Sarah Bolger, Rett Terrell and Juston Street Directed By: Angelo Pizzo

Okay, perhaps I've gotten a little bit carried away. Maybe I didn't need this folding chair, after all. I never expected to arrive to the screening so early. On top of that, I didn't expect this neither. They let us in earlier than usual into the theater. About an hour early, I had a lot of time to kill sitting down inside the theater. Which happen to be good for a change. I was able to take care of my seating arrangements and concession stand business without any hustling and bustling.

I admit, this right here will probably be the closest you ever get me into watching anything in regards to sports. I'am not a sports person neither am I, a athletic person but this doesn't mean you won't find me somewhere enjoying a remarkable film filtered around, America's pass time (football). Tonight's film tells the story about a young man who worked so hard and achieved his dream, only to have it taken away.

The story is about a young athlete from Denver, Colorado Freddie Steinmark whose dream to accomplish wasn't anything else but playing professional football. Of course, you know before you play professional football. You first must play college football. Which was something in the beginning that Freddie didn't think he was going to achieve. Apparently to some college recruiters it doesn't matter how well you do on the field. You still must have some sense of weight and height. According to a lot of these recruiters Freddie Steinmark didn't pass the requirement in the weight and height department to become a football player for their team. When you watch this movie, you'll see this man. He couldn't be no more than 5"6', 5"7' and his weight I guess about 145 lbs. He's a very small man. However, for a small man, he happen to be one of the best players on the Longhorns.

The Longhorns are the football team of University of Texas. Freddie Steinmark and his best friend, Bobby Mitchell recruited out of high school, straight from Denver, Colorado by Coach Darrell Royal. Darrell Royal, the coach of the Longhorns. This is where I was talking early when I mentioned I wasn't a sport's person. Seeing the hard practice and training each player had to deal with I couldn't put myself in their shoes. A lot of physical and verbal abuse coming from the coach, coaches assistants and teammates. Despite all of that. One man stood tall, it always came back to Freddie Steinmark. He was like the "Man of steel of Football!" The love, Freddie possessed for the game there weren't anything standing in his way. Pretty soon, Coach Royal began to notice his determination and changed Freddie's offensive line. Rusty jabbers don't ask me, what that mean. I was going along with the screening but it sounding like a good thing that have happened to Freddie on the team.

Indeed good things have begun for Freddie Steinmark and the Longhorns, the constant victories from game to game. As you know, when the good things come they also go. Coach Royal started to notice the constant limping Freddie have been doing on the field. Coach Royal in fear of the team's loss, he removed Freddie from the offensive line. This was during the University of Texas verses Texas Tech game.

My views of Freddie Steinmark, he's tough, quick, sharp, thinks on his feet, very religious and sensitive these are excellent qualities to have in a person. Although the one thing he has and I do not approve of is being stubborn. There is a stubborn side to Freddie Steinmark. He is aware of this constant pain in his leg. It's been annoying him for weeks and he haven't seen a doctor yet. All he could think about is his next game, Texas verses Arkansas. Coach Royal, even suggested that Freddie must seek medical attention after their big game with Arkansas. It was after the big game with Arkansas that Freddie's girlfriend Linda made sure that he sought that medical attention.

Now, this is where things change. We come to the sole purpose of the film. Up until now, everyone is in here having a good time enjoying tonight's screening. This is a news no one wants to hear. Freddie received the news from Dr Julian. Freddie Sreinmark have been suffering from a tumor which can mean possible cancer. Freddie was rushed to an Texas Oncologist for further testing and verification. It turns out Freddie have bone cancer. OMG, a tear nearly dropped out of my eye after hearing that bad news result. That is disgusting, bone cancer. Those many weeks the team, the coach and his girlfriend seen Freddie limping around on the field, it wasn't your typical limp. He's been suffering from a cancerus tumor that has the ability to grow to the same size as a baseball. You know, what just typing this review make me want to puke. I guess that is, what makes this a great a movie and review.

This is the greatest part of the film. As I mentioned, in the early beginning. This review is being written about a young athlete who never fully accomplished his dreams. It's just so sad, at the early goings of his life and career to have it all taken away just like that. These are things where people would say, "how can God be so cruel?" That is a question that can not, be answered. This isn't the work of the almighty, God. I understand, how people may feel and they will take it that way. I myself felt that way at the loss of my career due to my sickness.

Unfortunately, Freddie's leg needed to be amputated all the way up to his hip. He had to remain inside the hospital for the next 30 days for recovery. This didn't sit well with Freddie. It only meant, he would miss the Cottonbowl game, the Longhorns verses Notre Dame. Freddie had his heart set on playing in that game. Talk about bad timing. The days in the facility, Freddie spent in recovery with his family and his girlfriend. I extremely like this part Longhorn teammate and high school friend, Bobby Mitchell spent his days training Freddie on how to walk on crutches. Forget the tear drops, I want to cry now. Forgive me if I seem too emotional. This is a very emotional film I'm watching not my traditional type of film. I'm glad I had this change for the evening.

This is a great movie. I had a good time, tonight. I hope everyone will agree this Friday and take my opinion by its word. I'm not just saying all of this because I seen it for free. In fact, I should support this movie and see it again. I'll probably take my beau, we've been having a hard time lately. He'll enjoy something like this.

"My All American" In Theaters, Friday, November 13, 2015"













No comments: