Monday, August 31, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2015 ISSUE #06 "BED STUY PRIDE LIVE IN HERBERT VON KING PARK!"




5th ANNUAL BED STUY PRIDE PRESENTED BY THE AUDRE LORDE PROJECT LIVE @ THE HERBERT VON KING PARK, SUNDAY, AUGUST 30th, 2015






































My day didn't go quite like I expected it. I've been waiting for a day like this throughout the summer. I didn't quite take advantage of it like I was suppose too. I had my heart waiting on this day to the point I've skipped work this afternoon to participate in the venue.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying I was ashamed to be here. It's just all the months of fascination and anticipation have suddenly changed the moment I showed up. Things didn't seem as I expected it to be. My main concern have been the heavy beaming of the sun. It was important for me to seek a bench under some shaded shelter. Which happen to be okay. Although there was one thing, it was followed by the occasional stream of insects hubbering around my face. I didn't let it bother me too much. I wasn't planning on giving up that shaded bench area. Not even the disgusting old man sitting across from me, who whipped out his penis. While he was laying down on the bench in front of me and took a piss in the public. Right in front of the whole, Bed Stuy Pride event. Talk about no class.

I didn't let those minor mishaps spoil my day. I would like to thank my company of the afternoon. This handsome young man joined me for the day and kept me company by my side. What an enchanting, afternoon the two of us had. Of course, technically he only sat beside me due to his "girlfriend". He never had no real intentions in coming out here to the Bed Stuy Pride, this afternoon. He just did it, in support of his homegirl Samantha. Apparently, she happen to be one of the workers involved with the Audre Lorde Project.

As the day, went on Devon & I gotten to know one another. I manage to capture as much footage. I hope everyone is enjoying what there seeing. I know viewing a blog isn't the same thing as actually being at an event. I must admit, I'm not very sociable at these type of events. However, I'am grateful. For once I was able to have a good time among my sexual peers.

For some of you, who didn't know anything about the Bed Stuy Pride. The event is mainly targeted for lesbians. It's not a bad thing, I actually love lesbians more than I love my own gays. Believe it or not, sometimes I wish I was a lesbian. There ambiance is completely different than ours.

I would like to thank everyone who came out, this afternoon. That includes the spectators, the performers and the vendors. Everyone involved in making today's event possible. Thank you so much for everything you have done. Enjoy the remainder of the summer and we'll see everyone, next year.









No comments: