Monday, August 17, 2015

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER AUGUST 2015 ISSUE #02 "STRETCH ARMSTRONG & BOBBITO; 25th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL LIVE @ CENTRAL PARK Sunday, August 16, 2015




















I can't believe its been 25 years I've known, Stretch and Bobbito from over the airwaves. These guys were sick when it came to the release of uncensored/ unreleased hip hop. Listening to Stretch and Bobbito in my teenage years. I would have never thought their legacy would of elevated this far. Not to mention, some of today's hottest hip hop favorites and greats that gain their spotlight in such a small room.

Who am I kidding, I didn't really know, Stretch and Bobbito. I was who, I was honored to be and that's a certified fan. However, I do admit there have been times when I was unavailable and couldn't listen to their show during the morning. This is where the unfortunate of school came in. I didn't have anything against Stretch and Bobbito coming on the air in the middle of the night. Believe me, with what they had taking place over the station. Those were the best hours scheduled. So that wasn't the problem. What was the problem to me and I'm sure other people can relate was education. It was impossible staying up 4 hours every Friday morning knowing that you got school that day. The most I would give myself is an hour from 1-2am and I still went to school sleepy. The only thing good about going to school was, whenever there was a break. Whether it was a winter break, spring break or summer break that's when it was time to go all the way with Stretch and Bobbito. Oh, how I missed them nights. When will we ever hear something like that again.

I would like to thank the Central Park Summerstage for tonight's special event. I would also like to thank everyone who came through this evening and made this event spectacular. To Lord Finesse, Fat Joe, Diamond D and the D.I.T.C. crew. To Kurious Jorge, The Artifactz, Brand Nubians, Pete Rock, O.C., Large Professor, Pharoah Monch, Kool Keith and Mad Skillz. Oh my God, can you believe this. What a line up? It's their small ass room, live on stage, lol. You only wish some of hip hop's fallen emcees were still alive to contribute to the torching of the mic. (REST IN PEACE; BIGGIE SMALLS, BIG L, P.H. AND SEAN PRICE)

My congratulations to Stretch Armstrong and Bobbitto, Happy 25th Anniversary. I wish you 25 more years in the business. There are some people still who do not recognize how powerful y'all can be. You guys did a lot more than just djing. Keep at it, "RESPECT!"




No comments: