Sunday, February 23, 2014

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER FEBRUARY 2014 ISSUE #05 "FACING FEAR SCREENING"

I have my heart set on this screening tonight. Showing at the Paley Center in Manhattan. Don't get me confuse, I have no idea where it is. It may seem so by the tone in my writing. I wish, I did I can't believe I forgot to look up the direction and location for this, Paley Center. I'm traveling on the MTA transit line. I may be a tad late. I just have to wait and see, of all the rotten luck. Not to mention, what happened back at my home when I was getting prepared. I don't even want to bring it up. It'll only piss me off again. Let's move on, to this evening.
GLAAD screening of "Facing Fear". Tonight's short film is something everyone among the L.G.B.T descent had to deal with, it's called "Facing Fear!!" How many of us, had to face fear in a situation involving our sexuality. The fear we face generally begins with the confession (coming out the closet) to the people we love about the person, we've become. Which is never easy. One may say, "Why bother putting yourself through all this stress and heartache. If only to receive negative responses and rejections from your peoples and family". Yes, it is alot that us, LGBTeez put ourselves through but one must be willing to stand and face its fears.
Okay, this is not my evening. God, if you didn't want me to attend this screening, this evening. You sure have a f@#K*d up away of showing it. I spent like 50 minutes of the film walking around 5th Avenue trying to find the Paley Center. I did, eventually find it with only 10 minutes remaining onto the film. There wasn't much to see. The trip didn't seem worth it. I should have called this evening off. It already been ruined. Seriously though, how much knowledge do you think I can gain off, only in 10 minutes. Thank God, there is a Q-n-A session after this film. At least I may be able to get some incite from that. Based off the information I've gained from the Q-n-A session. The star of the "Facing Fear" documentary, Matthew happen to be here taking a lot of the audience's questions and giving them back the appropriate answers. I just wish I could of participated in that Q-n-A session.
Based off the information flowing around the room. I've gotten a good idea on what the film, "Facing Fear" was about, as well as its purpose. The reason, why GLAAD invited everyone out here, this evening. The film can be summed up into four words; fear, hate, reconciliation and forgiveness. It tells the real life story of Matthew. Who happens to be here with us, this evening. Matthew suffered a brutal gay bashing attack, 25 years ago. Gay bashing attacks are a very serious thing. This is something, Matthew kept with him for years until he decided to tell his story not just in the film. I'm sure everyone's grateful to see, Matthew tell his story tonight here at the Paley Center on their panel. I mentioned the basis of the film leaning on "fear", "hate", "reconciliation" and "forgiveness". I think, everyone would of love to have seen, Tim. Now, Tim, he's a former Neo-Nazi skinhead and also the one responsible for Matthew's brutal attack. Then again, I understand why Tim did not make an appearance in tonight's "Facing Fear" panel. There's a lot of us (LGBTeez) out here in the audience. Your bound to cross paths with someone who isn't as forgiving as Tim. Who knows what may happen. See that's the thing about us, faggots we protect our own. Despite the friendship and forgiveness pact between Matthew and Tim. OMG, right there that happen to be the twist and the turn of the film.
There are probably a lot of people sitting among me and throughout the rest of the theater. Who have probably faced some form of gay bashing, gay bullying, gay harassment. We've all been there and I'm pretty sure there might be a few in here tonight who've gotten justice on their attackers but I bet you do not know anyone who forgave their attackers and became friends with them. That is exactly what takes place here. According to Matthew, how he encountered his attacker (Tim) and became friends with him. Matthew states, it was at the "Museum Of Tolerance". Where both of them happen to be employed. Sort of a coincidence or at least that's what some would say. Perhaps it was a message from God. According to Matthew, Tim have turned over a new leaf. He wanted to reconcile the wrongs, he have done in his prior life. Meeting, Matthew at the Museum Of Tolerance I guess you can say to Tim that was his moment of truth. Throwing himself at Matthew's mercy and begging for his forgiveness. There are a lot more to the story. That is why, I wish Tim made an appearance. I would have loved to hear his side.
I'm not going to beat myself up anymore over the loss of the screening. I really need to see this film. It sounds like a great documentary not just for the LGBT community. This sounds like a documentary for everyone. There's a lot of truth, facts and history in this film and I can not miss something like this. I can't believe, I missed a good portion of this film. As you read on, you can see I've gotten a fair amount of details just off the Q-n-A session. I would like to thank, Oscar nominee and film director, Jason Cohen for this film. I would like to thank, GLAAD for inviting everyone out here this evening to the Paley Center to witness a viewing of "Facing Fear". To Matthew, thank you for coming out here and being with us. Thank you for sharing your life stories. It is indeed inspirational to others. I'am so proud of you. I'am proud of everything you accomplished and the fact that you worked hard and strive for your opportunities. You didn't let anything or anyone stand in your way. You just pulled yourself up from out of the gutter. I totally respect that. I couldn't be anymore happier..... xoxo
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group Office: 1-347-789-4543 Cellular: 1-646-339-4981 Cellular: 1-347-902-5355 Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin Social: www.linkedin.com/jasonlamar Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero Social: www.instagram.com/jason_lamar007 Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com Site: www.queerazspin.blogspot.com Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com Vlog: www.vimeo.com/rustyjabbzvideo Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: