Saturday, December 31, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER DEC. 2011 ISSUE # 07



RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER DECEMBER 31, 2011 ISSUE # 07 THE LAST ISSUE OF THE YEAR;
THE YEAR IN REVIEW:


Can someone, please get me some organo gold coffee. After the day, I've had New Year's eve isn't turning out to be the day I planned it to be. Of course, nothing is ever what it seems. I scheduled today to be a day where I kick back relax and just write my last article on the 2011's year in review. Yes, that was the plan until I received several interruptions. Starting off with facebook this morning, when I almost thought I lost one of my private groups. I was devastated because I do not want to lose this group nor the group of guys that belong to it. This group been very helpful and behind me throughout the year and I wouldn't know what to do if ever I lost them. Thankful to my good friend, Keyshawn, who just today added me to a new group called "The Blackness". I believe that's our new name and group. I'm so glad I didn't lose my hubbies. For the ones who are unaware, yes I'am the occasional homosexual.

Later I received a phone call from one of my facebook friend's from Oakland, California her name is Ashanti. She's in town, just flew in last night. She gives me a call wanting to know what is good for the New Year. As I mentioned, I made plans just to put together this last issue of Rusty Jabbz. I did take into consideration, I wanted to meet her finally face to face. Ashanti and I, been talking with one another through viral social communication for the past three years or so. I thought to myself, this may kind of put a damper on today's schedule. I have plans for tonight to attend some New Year's eve party. My friend, Ashanti, she's welcome to attend. I would love to have her and her friends accompany me tonight and any other night while they're in town.

If that wasn't all. Total chaos and mayhem inside my home. When I seen tears dripping down my mother's cheek. Apparently some sort of conflict back at home in her native land (Jamaica) between her sisters, my aunts that lead to turmoil. I know, its not the kind of news anyone wants to hear on the final day of the year. I didn't like the way my mother was shaken up from this disturbance. I pray to the lord, that within the next few hours of today. He will intercept some sort of source that will change today's stream of intense events back into a moment of peace and sanity between my family by 12 o'clock midnight. Going into a new year is no way to enter carrying unnecessary baggage.

I'm sitting down in front of my computer, pouring my heart out to you all. It only just begun. Let's go back and visit 2011. My 2011 and at the same time I'm reviewing this past year you all can do the same and review this year as well and see what have 2011 done for you.

Every New Year's eve the clock strikes 12 and it becomes New Years Day. We all gather around and say our New Year's resolutions but we never manage to live up to them. Making our New Year's resolutions, false resolutions. I'm not sure whether or not I made New Year's resolutions, last year but some people had reservations against me at that start of 2011. Making my entry into the New Year, an unpleasant one. It started when I was quote on quote placed on "Involuntary Leave" for one year without pay due to my medical illness. Involuntary Leave, my ass DEP, y'all bustaz suspended me from work with no income. It wasn't an easy survival being out there on my own with only my savings to live off of. I thank my mom, for having my back this whole year. She's been my guardian angel in my moment of trials and tribulations. Things didn't begin to start to turn around for me until I finally got my new insurance plan and social security disability benefits. Which I'm grateful, all these things took about 6 to 8 months to establish.

It wasn't easy being unemployed for an whole year. I had to keep myself occupied. My Rusty Jabbz Newsletter followers and supporters I would like to thank you for helping me keep myself occupied. I figure with this much time on my hands. I had plenty of time to put all my undivided attention into Rusty Jabbz and the music business. Non-stop industry extravaganza than ever.
This year was the year that rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com I'm not going to say, explode but expanded into various direction. Directions of hip hop, art and fashion.

I gotten the opportunity to work with the New York City Parks Department, once again. The position came at a rare time. Right when I was suspended from my current employment. A week later, I get a email for Prospect Park seeking workers to help shovel snow off the Tennis Center, located across the street from Prospect Park. Thank the lord for the big snowstorm on January 27, 2011. If it wasn't for that day I wouldn't have this job. Even though its an seasonal position it still helps out when need be. For example, July 3, 2011 returning to Prospect Park to work the entire summer during their morning weekend shifts. As for right now, the position is currently closed until further notice. It was fun being apart of the Prospect Park Alliance.

As you can see just like everybody when they enter a brand new year there's ups and there's downs. I have maybe two moments this year that meant a lot to me. This past, March, we celebrated a decade long anniversary of Rusty Jabbz. Rusty Jabbz was started in 2001. Our first issue debuted, March 2001. When we started, Rusty Jabbz we were a team of writers looking for a voice for New York Cities Underground Hip Hop. Magazines like The Source, XXL and Vibe weren't representing the true essence of hip hop. So, we decided to give our underground emcees and djs a voice, a media, a outlet. Things haven't changed since ten years ago except maybe we're no longer a paper newsletter and the staff is now six minus five. Leaving me to be a one man hip hop group. Which is cool, the other members have moved on to other agendas. They'll always be, Rusty Jabbz in my book. Taking care of everything all by myself showed I have versatility and the skills to multi-task. I'm proud of the ten year accomplishments with Rusty Jabbz. The start of Worldwide Jabbz and Rusty Photos. Rusty Jabbz allows me to be that journalist I never could be but at the same time prove it to the world via blogspot. Worldwide Jabbz on the other hand allows me to be that video director I could never be but at the same time prove it to the world via youtube. I will never forget the anniversary of Rusty Jabbz, 10th year. I'm already looking forward to the 20th. I'm going to keep my newsletter running as long as I'm breathing because I'm only doing this for one... and that's HIP HOP!!!

That was an upper right, quite an upper. Now here are one of those downers I mentioned earlier. This one touched me hard and hit me and my family hard. It was on Tuesday, September 13, 2011 the day I loss my father. He died in the hospital I'm not quite sure what exactly happen. The one thing I do know, I miss him so much and I love him and I still wish he was still here. It's been hard on myself and my mother and brother. I'm thankful that we are all here together to share and mourn the loss over my father's death. My father, Samuel Marvin Wright Sr came as an surprise to us. To my mom specifically, considering she was with my dad inside the hospital during his unexpected final days. The loss of my father still taunts me. Can't a day go by and I don't think about him. I don't want to stop thinking about him. I know it was rough losing my father but the good thing about death are the memories we get to hold onto forever. Whenever I think of him its as if he's still with us. I already lost my dad, I be dammed if I lose my memories of him.

I'm about to wrap this up but before I do let's give one last brief rundown of 2011.
I'm going to set up a timeline of all the details of 2011.

TIMELINE:
January, 2011 - I was placed on suspension with my current job for one year.
January/ February 2011 - I was hired with the NYC Parks Dept - Prospect Park Alliance
March 2011 - The 10th Anniversary of Rusty Jabbz Newsletter
March 2011 - Applied for Social Security Benefits
July 2011 - The Month, I came out of the closet and admitted I'm a bi-sexual.
July 2011 - Joined, VESID, The Office of Vocational and Educational Services for
Individuals with Disabilities.
August 2011 - I was approved for Social Security Benefits.
September 2011 - I received my first Social Security Disability Check.
September 2011 - My father passed away, Sept.13th
December 2011 - Joined the Rusk Institute

These are a few of the serious encounters that took over part of my life during this year. As you see, my year started off on a very rough note and I had to struggle to get it at a mediocre level. Only to have my year end not so great. That is how our world works, on a 360 degree angle. It basically spun its way back to darkness. At least for me, other people 2011 may have been paradise to them. But, 2011 was nothing paradise here for me.

Before I go, I would like to wish everyone. A happy and safe New Year. All the best into 2012 and throughout the year. Remember, tomorrow will also be Imani the final day of Kwanzaa. Imani meaning Faith, something we should all carry with us. Take heed to the words I spent hours on typing. I wish everyone all the best, Good night. Once again, HAPPY 2012!!!



2011 HIP HOP RELEASES:
01. Talib Kweli - "Gutter Rainbows" January 25, 2011
02. Raekwon - "Shaolin Vs Wu Tang" March 08, 2011
03. Travis Barker - "Give The Drummer Some" March 15, 2011
04. Gucci Mane - "The Return Of Mr Zone 6" March 15, 2011
05. E40 - "Revenue Retrievin' Graveyard Shift" March 29, 2011
06. Snoop Dogg - "Doggumentary" March 29, 2011
07. Wiz Khalifa - "Rolling Papers" March 29, 2011
08. Jim Jones - "Capo" April 05, 2011
09. Mack 10 & Glasses Malone - Money Music April 12, 2011
10. Cam'ron & Vado - Gunz n Butta April 19, 2011
11. Beastie Boys - Hot Source Committee Part 2 May 03, 2011
12. Neek The Exotic & Large Professor - Still On The Hustle May 17, 2011
13. Brownbag - Brownbag Season Volume One May 17, 2011
14. Jadakiss - I Love You (A Dedication To My Fans) May 25, 2011
15. Rick Ross - MMG Presents: Self Made Volume One May 25, 2011
16. Verse Essential - Ingenious Deluxe Edition May 31, 2011
17. Vast Aire - Ox 2010: A Street Odyssey May 31, 2011
18. Krs One and Bumpy Knuckles - Royalty Check May 31, 2011
19. Tech N9ne - All 6's and 7's June 07, 2011
20. Bad Meets Evil - Hell: The Sequel June 14, 2011
21. Gorilla Zoe - King Kong June 14, 2011
22. Jesse Abraham - One Day June 14, 2011
23. Pitbull - Planet Pit June 21, 2011
24. LMFAO - Sorry For The Party Rocking June 21, 2011
25. Big Sean - Finally Famous June 28, 2011
26. Curren$y - Weekend At Burnies June 28, 2011
27. Pete Rock and Smif n' Wessun - Monumental July 5, 2011
28. Pimp C. - Still Pimping July 12, 2011
29. Dj Khaled - We The Best Forever July 19, 2011
30. W.U. Tang Clan - Legendary Weapons July 26, 2011
31. Ace Hood - Blood, Sweat & Tears August 09, 2011
32. Gucci Mane & Wakaflocka Flame - 1017 Brick squad Presents Ferrari Boyz
August 09. 2011
33. The Game - The R. E. D. Album August 23, 2011
34. Jay Z & Kanye West - Watch The Throne August 23, 2011
35. Lil' Wayne - The Carter 4 August 30, 2011
36. Timbo King - From Babylon To Timbuk2 August 30, 2011
37. J. Cole - Cole World September 27, 2011
38. Styles P. - Master Of Ceremonies October 04, 2011
39. D.J. Drama - Third Power October 11, 2011
40. Drake - Take Care October 25, 2011
41. Wale - Ambition November 01, 2011
42. Mac Miller - Blue Slide Park November 08, 2011
43. Tech N9ne - Welcome To Strangeland November 08, 2011
44. Webbie - Savage Life 3 November 15, 2011
45. Mobb Deep - Black Cocaine November 21, 2011
46. Yelawolf - Radioactive November 21, 2011
47. T- Pain - Revolver December 06, 2011
48. The Roots - Undun December 06, 2011
49. Gucci Mane & V-Nasty - Baytl December 13, 2011
50. Wiz Khalifa & Snoop Dogg = Music from and inspired by movie: Mac & Devin Go To
High School December 13, 2011
51. Common - The Dreamer/ The Believer December 20, 2011
52. Young Jeezy - TM103: Hustlerz Ambition December 20, 2011



DJ HANDSPIN'S TOP 13 ALBUM'S OF 2011:
01. The Roots - Undun
02. Pete Rock/ Smif N' Wessun - Monumental
03. Raekwon - Shaolin Vs Wu Tang
04. Bad Meets Evil - Hell: The Sequel
05. Neek The Exotic n Large Professor - Still On The Hustle
06. Mobb Deep - Black Cocaine
07. Timbo King - From Babylon To Timbuk2
08. Wu Tang Clan - Legendary Weapons
09. The Game - The R. E. D. Album
10. Jay Z N Kanye West - Watch The Throne
11. E40 - Revenue Retrievin' Graveyard Shift
12. Lil' Wayne - The Carter 4
13. Young Jeezy - TM103: Hustlerz Ambition




CEO: Jason "Dj Handspin Dinero" Lamar
Rusty Jabbz Entertainment Group
Office: 1347789-4543
Cellular: 1646339-4981
Email: djhandspindinero@yahoo.com
Email: rustyjabbzblogazine@yahoo.com
Social: www.facebook.com/djhandspindinero
Social: www.myspace.com/djhandspindinero
Social: www.twitter.com/djhandspin
Site: www.rustyphotos.tumblr.com
Site: www.rustyjabbzentertainment.blogspot.com
Vlog: www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz

No comments: