Monday, May 2, 2011

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER ISSUE# 01 MAY 2011








May 1st, have always been a special day for me rather than my regular birthday. On past, May 1st I tried to endure all of which this day brings to me. On past occasions I had the liberty to always come across excitement such as May 1st, 2004 witnessing the release of Kanye West's "College Dropout" album and tour live at the Hammerstein Ballroom.

I remember, May 1st, 2009 where I engage myself in a private sexual escapade with one of my homies, best strippers on the market at that time.

May 1st, 2010, last year I got the opportunity to attend Highline Ballroom for the release of Ghostface Killer's album "Ghost Dini Wizard Of Poetry" and now tonight here I am back with yet another opportunity to endure birthday excitement.

I have the honor and privilege of the night to witness a historical west coast legend, Del.
Thats, Del for "DEL THE FUNKY HOMOSAPIEN!" thats right y'all performing tonight live on stage at Bb King's in Times Square. I don't know how I do it but it seems to be a pattern with me. Especially around my birthday it seems I always find something in relation to a hip hop concert to attend too around this time. You can call me, a "hip hop opportunist" I don't take things for granted.

Today, I would like to say was a beautiful day. Although I thought maybe this day will be just a regular day. You know theres an moment in your life where you come to realization on birthdays. As a youth, we love birthdays and look forward to them just as much as the christmas holiday. But when you reach a certain age, a birthday may not seem relevant or significant to you as much.

Until, today I will never forget "MAY 1ST, 2011" as long as I can breathe. This has been a great day for me. I owe it to,... First, people like my mother who had the big vision to throw a birthday dinner for me. I really appreciate the time and work spent in preparing such a great meal for me. I'm not saying, I do not deserve to have said, accommodations. I didn't want to put my mother through all of the manual cooking duties. My mom does plenty for me, she doesn't need to go over the limit for me if she don't have too. Mom, I thank you for everything tonight it was indeed a blessing and comfort to my heart.

To my homie, Tex I thank you for coming out with me. I know fam this was some straight spur of the moment event. But knowing you and I respect for the essence of hip hop. I just knew that you wouldn't resist a live Del The Funky Homosapien concert at Bb Kings.

This was spur of the moment to me but thanks to Brooklyn Bodega on making it possible with the guestlist. My thanks to Brooklyn Bodega for making my birthday night something special. I had an great time. To think, it was only the day before when I submitted the answer to the contest not expecting to win but I did. It was a blessing to be selected to attend and witness tonight's event. My potna, Tex and I had a blast. This is only my second time seeing Del perform within the last 10 years. He's so amazing, I still find it hard to believe he's Ice Cube's cousin.
We arrived at Bb Kings at 10:14pm, perfect timing Del was being introduced to perform. He rocked for about an hour. After his session the concert was over because this was who we came for and the audience can second that because the crowd cleared out with us once the party was over.

My night wasn't over though it was still early. Receiving the news at 2am of Osama Bin Laden's death at a local bar in the east village, later on seized the day and added the icing to my birthday cake. Making this a birthday, I will, NEVER, EVER, FORGET!!!

Well written news caption I ever seen: "BREAKING NEWS: OSAMA BIN LADEN HAS BEEN KILLED!"
You gotta love it. Everyone must salute the United States Navy Seals for taking out and eliminating public enemy #1 (and I'm not talking about Chuck D)
If there wasn't a time to be a proud American before, now is that time. You don't know how it feels to hear news of this nature on your birthday and then witness the solidarity taking place by the American people down in ground zero. It felt like a new day, a fresh start. Born again into civilization amongst people that know the actual definition to the first "5" letters.
Last night, they're weren't any white people, black people, spanish people, asian people only our people "AMERICANS!"
My pride will continue for as long as I can walk and breathe upon this earth.
D
oes the same goes for the other fellow Americans?
Let's continue to love and respect one another. Let's not make this moment of peace and solidarity just a one night stand.

No comments: