Sunday, September 19, 2010

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER SEPT. 2010 ISSUE# 04

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER SEPT. 2010
ISSUE# 04


Dj Handspin want to take this time out and give a phat shout out to Ad The General of Elegant Hoodness and N. A. N and also thank her for inviting me to an outstanding event on saturday, September 11th, 2010.

It was the 6th Annual Park Tour 2010 at Von King Park, in Bed Stuy, Brooklyn. This tour was organized six years ago by Ad The General and her Elegant Hoodness members to be taken place primarily during the summer months. Set up perfectly when school is normally out and a way to give something back to the inner city youths. Sort of another a way to bring entertainment and hip hop culture to the neighborhood parks as well.

There were an array of talent that blessed the stage. I was so fortunate to be able to capture great video footage. However, I didn't capture any photographs but any viewers are welcome to view at, www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz.

On the roster for the evening were, Sean Flight, Young Rell Right, Greg P, G3MZ, Quest, N. A. N. (Ad The General and Gifted), Simplicity, Hand Made Beats, Flawless The Rap Chick, AGZ, Ashy Elbowz, Twon Don and Ms FeFe.

This was an allstar event everyone did their finest.
My personal favorites though were Young Rell. I enjoyed his performance especially when he had his lil' son come on stage and entertain the crowd that looked so cute to see lil' man imitate his daddy on stage and rock along side of him. It would be so cool if it turned out to be a regular performance routine I think the people would love that. I also like this one song that Rell did called, "This Beat So Nasty" that was a sick record right there especially the hook y' all gotta hear that joint.

This next cat was another favorite of mine, I kind of consider him a Puerto Rican, Nas... this emcee named G3MZ, emcee, producer, writer, poet. He did only 2 jamz, "Change" and "Circus" either those 2 jamz are his best jamz. Or, he knew they would just rock the house and heads would go bananas. Like I said, you gotta see dis event. Youtube me at worldwide jabbz.

I got a few more favorites that did their thing that evening. I do not think I'm going to run down everyone but there is one emcee or rather femcee I must speak upon. I knew from the moment I layed my eyes on her I was in love. I'm not talking in love like in a sexual way but love in a str8 up lyrical way. Flawless The Rap Chick, a raw sexy slimy sista from Brooklyn spittin' str8 raw. Never, ever again I thought I would ever find and meet another femcee that can match the lyrical prowess of the gr8 M. C. Lyte. She performed these 2 joints that got me amped "War" an anti-war record. Which set the tone perfectly for 9/11 and "In My Cup". She performed this song, "In My Cup" that record got me hooked. She got the whole park hooked had the party rockin'. However, I don't think Flawless should be performing records like that. I couldn't get that tune out of my head for the rest of night I ended up copping a bottle later on that evening and taking it to da head. That was some intensified performance from Flawless The Rap Chick.
The shit that pissed me off though. I was out there recording most of the day so when it came down to her segment. I ended up taking an L on her performance due to low battery life on my cam. That shit fucked me up I would have really wanted to get someone like her on my youtube page. I aint gonna trip too much cuz imma see her again and remember that name, Flawless The Rap Chick.
Definitely, next time not only will I bring extra batteries and memory cards. I'll have extra cups, for a private party. Shawty got me back in the cup.

But like I said if you would like to view, "Sept 11th, Park Tour @ Von King Park" feel free to visit, www.youtube.com/worldwidejabbz. I do have plenty other significant entertainers from that day posted on there. I would love to speak about them all but I can't give too much away. I'm not a spoiler.

Once again, thank you to AD and her team for inviting and for putting on such an excellent 6th annual Park Tour. Looking forward to the 7th annual, already... Don't forget you can catch AD The General with the Elegant Hoodness Showcase, each and every wednesday at Club Alibi in the village, 116 Mac Dougal St and W. 4th St., NYC. For more info contact adthegeneral@gmail.com
She's always looking for emcees, singahz, musicianz, djz and so forth.
Open to performers, spectators or just fillers.






4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks sweetie! I'm so glad u enjoyed my performance. I am honored by the comparison between myself & Mc Lyte. She is my "sheroe" lol. You can also check me out on youtube. Google Flawlessdarapchick & it will come up. Peace,
Flawless

G3MZ said...

Wow jus came across dis write up 1st of all thank u 4 ur attendance & coverage of our event its def appreciated...2nd I'm honored dat u would call me a "puerto rican nas" he was one of my biggest influences in my early development stages as an emcee. If its possible I would like 2 get u da 2 records I performed as well as sum otha jawns u could hit me up on twitter @g3mz718 or email me g3mz718@gmail.com so we could stay in contact. Peace

P.s. da names of da 2 songs are "maybe" & "let me know" my project will be droppin early 2k11 entitled Deaf By Stereo

ADTHEGENERAL said...

What's hand spin I'm hoping your coming out to the awards dec 15 @ club pyramid for the top ten artists of the yr awards hit me up great look on the review .#nan #nab g3mz you moist!!!!! :)

FeFe said...

Thank you soooo much DJ Handspin! Thank you for really taking the time out to listen and witness our movement. We really work hard for our communities, our ppl, and for hiphop as a whole. Thank you, on behalf of Team NAN, NAB, and Elegant Hoodness. We're grateful.

Ms.FeFe
N.A.B

P.S. follow me on twitter! @MsFeFeNAB