Wednesday, September 8, 2010

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER SEPT. 2010 ISSUE# 01.5

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER SEPTEMBER 2010
ISSUE# 01.5

"FAT BEATS FAREWELL WEEK AUG. 30th-SEPT. 4th"

Dj Handspin Dinero, here once again with another exciting newsletter issue of Rusty Jabbz. I just wanna say that this week I'm at its HIP HOP BEST. I experienced a lot last week in the name and love of hip hop. I'm going to sit back and talk about all the extravagant things that went down in my life and your going to experience everything in a cool effin "HIP HOP MINUTE!"

August 29, 2010: First off I wanna give a phat shout out to my homegurl, Ad The General for putting together another successful Summer Park Tour for six years in a row. Six years of success. I want to say peace and love to Ad and her Elegant Hoodness Musical Team for putting on such a great showcase live on the Brighton Beach Boardwalk for the whole community to see. "STAY TUNED BECAUSE IT'S NOT OVER. SHE HAS ONE MORE PARK TOUR LEFT COMING UP SAT., SEPT. 11th LIVE @ Von King Park Lafayette & Tompkins"

August 31, 2010: I'm not really sure where to start with this one. I'm not a big baseball person, hell I'm not a sports person period but I wanna thank TNA and MCU Park for this free ticket to witness the Brooklyn Cyclone face the Georgia Lake Monsters. I may not have paid too much attention to the game but I paid alot of attention and enjoyed all the hotdogs, popcorn and beer a brutha can eat and drink.... shssssssh don't tell my doctor the fool be cholesterol trippin'.

Sept. 1, 2 and 4, 2010:
Okay playtime is over. It's time for Dj Handspin to get serious. They always say you never see a man cry until you see a man die. Well for those who know me you probably seen this man cry once he heard that Fat Beats New York was closing its store, last week. Me being a respected dj its natural for someone to have feelings and a common bound about a particular place. Especially a place that helped set me up in the world of hip hop. So, instead of being bitter and the continuous sulk over the loss. What better way than, to get up, get out and celebrate the memories and the performances of HIP HOP'S WORLD TRADE CENTER!

Setting it off, last wed, Sept 1st, we had in store performances by some supreme hip hop elite emcees and dee jays. I wanna give a phat shout out to the djs that came through Sucio Smash, Dj Boo, Dj Spinna, Dj Tony Touch and phat shout out to the emcees that came through Fresh Daily, Jig Mastas, Breezly Brewin' of The Juggernauts and The Arsonists. It was great seeing Breezly Brewin' again I haven't seen duke since he left the store sun did an excellent performance in the store. Be on the look out for Breezly Brewin' new single "Oxymoran" coming soon. But now that Fat Beats is no longer here you have to go to the website and copp it. Thats the way it is and thats how it goes.... WELCOME TO 2010!
Speaking of excellent performances another allstar group that did a marvelous job, the crew from Bushwick, Brooklyn you know them as The Arsonists. They were top notch and superb all in attendance including D.stroy. Thats right I said D.stroy, he performed along with them. Even though he showed up kind of late perhaps having doubts in reuniting with his old rap group. Nonetheless it was a thrill to see them all there.
Yesterday, on Sept 2nd I took somewhat of a breather I did go to the Fat Beats Farewell Celebration the next day but I stayed downstairs to avoid the heat strokes, "Sorry Boot Camp and Duck Down records" maybe next time. Besides I think I can count the number of times I seen your artists perform.
Real talk though, the real day came on SEPT 4TH, A DAY OF REMEMBRANCE. THE DAY THE DOORS WERE CLOSED. FAT BEATS NEW YORK, FINAL DAYS.
This day didn't go according to plan. I jumped on the scene around 3pm and the place was packed and full of true hip hop fans and lovaz. Just the way I like to see an event too bad a hip hop monument have to be closing to be rekonized. I'm looking up and down the block people blocking the side walk. C-cypher out there trying to keep crowd control.
I took it as an "L" I knew, I had no intention of getting into Fat Beats I wasn't gonna force myself into the place I was gonna make do with what I had. What I had was my fam, a fam I rarely get to see and I wanna thank my dude D-$ and Un and my homegurl, Amor for coming through. Not only did they come through for a FAT BEATS FAREWELL it was also a RUSTY JABBZ REUNION. Rusty Jabbz, a company built and formed just on the strength of the music Fat Beats distributes and sells. Everything was all love and all good. There were just 2 people missing from the equation my homies, Qzr and Sha King. No need to worry because we got all the flicks and the footage for them to see.
Phat shout out to everyone that came through (or at least the cats I seen and knew after all it was a packed house) cats like Breez Evah Flowin, Sav Killz, C-ray Walz, Charles Hamilton, A.G., Sadat X, Bee Danger, Abacus, Verse Essential, Access Immortal, Loer Velocity, Life Long, Karniege, Sammy B and the list just goes on and on. So, even though I never gotten a chance to go upstairs and witness some of the performances like Andre The Giant, Brand Nubians, Just Blaze, Dj Scratch, Dj Premier and so forth. Just being in the presence of realness was enuff for me and I loved it. Besides for those who don't know, me and my team finally did make it upstairs and thats a photo I'll never forget. And wouldn't y' all like to know what I'm talking 'bout.

"NEXT WEEK, SEPT. 14TH THE CLOSING FAT BEATS
L. A."




No comments: