Thursday, April 9, 2009

RUSTY JABBZ NEWSLETTER APRIL 2009


Dj Handspin in the place to be once again bringing exciting hip hop blogs all through the month of April 2009. Today our first entry of the month feature will be focused on the MEGA MAN, Cormega Montana but before I do that I gotta send phat shouts to all my peoples that are celebrating their birthdays this month.

"APRIL
BIRTHDAYS"

1. Lance Heller April 3rd
2. Chantilly April 4th
3. Francina Girard April 7th
4. Jason Joseph Wright April 27th
5. My Dad, April 28th

Happy Birthday to a few of my peoples that celebrating their birthdays for the month of April so far. The month aint over. Surely I will have more April Birthday shouts outs as the month goes on.









See this man up above stay focus on the realness and QB's finest, CORMEGA MONTANA!

"CORMEGA'S PRESS RELEASE PARTY"

This is Dj Handspin Dinero reporting to you live from SOBs on this Wednesday night, April 8, 2009 on the dancefloor waiting for the rebirth of Cormega Montana. (Y' all remember him the Underground King Of Rap Shit). It's been a minute since 'Mega dropped an album. Approximately 7 years since his last album. What Mr Montana been doing for those last 7 years. I don't have the foggiest idea but what I do know Cormega did have a child within that 7 year hiatus time (a daughter I believe) as well relocating to HOTlanta. Where the bitches and the cars drive around all year with the titties out.

Tonight is a special night for Cormega. It's a press release party set up by my homegurl, Jackie-O. Yo Jackie good looking out on tonight cuz ma, you didn't have 2 hook a brutha up but you did, dat wuz peace.

I arrived up in SOBs at 8ypm walking into a realm of real hip hop as Dj John bang out the GOLDEN ERA classics although the fucked up when he played that Bone Crusher record, ehh bad move. Needless to say it wuz a good feelin' everytime I heard the bass heavy real hip hop pounding wall to wall. Its been a minute since Dj Handspin been in da public eye it wuz a great experience. It's nice to know I still got the New York B/D-boy look. You know, jeans-sneakers-hoodies-and the icing on the cake the B-ball cap. Aint no attire is complete without da B-ball cap on da domepiece.

I'm having a good time listening to the fiery of old school and throwback jamz but the downfall to coming 2 a real hip hop event is da lack of TAIL! Neva enuff tail in da building.

This show will showcase a few of Cormega's new material from the forthcoming album, "BORN AND RAISED". (Date To Be Determined). Right now I'm gettin a lil' tipsey and politikin and building all through the crowd. I'm really enjoying myself but inna few minutes imma have to raise up and head back to MEDINA. You know da deal, I'm a slave, I gotta be at THE PLANTATION 2mmorrow by 930 or else my slave master will dock my pennies. You know how dat goes. So if I don't git 2 hear any of Mr Montana's new material, it doesn't matter cuz I know 'Mega and I know his work so I know it'll be good. I alwayz supported Cormaga. Well, except dat 1 time but come on let's be real, 'Mega vs Nas (yeah right). I know you didn't think you wuz gonna win. Although I did like that 1 line from the song, "Get Out My Way" that went like this, "Stop screaming what set you claim if u don't come around the way no more". I like that line cuz I dedicate dat line 2 alotta niggaz dat still act like my hood still luv them.

Aint this about a bitch, just when I said I wuz about to bounce here comes Cormega to take the stage. Once dat happened the amped up crowd wuz in da building but paparazzi wuz out of da building Mr Montana made it clear he aint want no pictures or filming of his performance due to leaks on the internet. You know how grimey New York niggaz git. There wuz a time during Cormega's performance where SOBs security toss a kid out the club 4 attempted BOOTLEGGIN! I feel 'Mega, the god is blessing us with the event it was a priviledge to us New Yorkers to hear some exclusive Cormega in the works. I was hurt too the fool didn't want me to give him an interview so I feel y' all. But you gotta respect the artists wishes.

Cormega began his performance settin' it off with the Dj Premier produced, "The Streets is a dirty game" an old Cormega song. I musta heard like 6 exclusive Cormega joints before I made my exit back to BUCKTOWN. The best songs I heard wuz this Pete Rock produced track called, "Live and you Learn". It wuz a hard thumping boom bap beat with repetitive chants for the hook that recites, "IT IS WHAT IT IS, IT AINT WHAT IT WAS". I like that record that wuz one of those wild out records to spazz too. There was anutha song Cormega had that was produced by Ayatollah dedicated to all the chronic smokers which wuz cool. By the way AYATOLLAH was also in the building. Cormega had 2 more tracks I like 1 wuz done by Havoc, a song he dedicated 2 his newborn lil' gurl and there wuz a Lil' Fame track that wuz off da chain, it wuz jazzy track with alotta saxophone percussions in it (Fizzy Wo steppin' it up on the production tip) I just don't know the name of any of his songs. Its funny, Cormega performed alotta songs from his upcoming album but didn't mention the names of the songs he wuz performing. Cor' wuzn't playin' when he said, he wanted this performance discreet only for a chosen few heads that got 2 witness the exclusives. Duke didn't even have test pressing copies printed up of his album. 'Mega wuzn't playin' he's making sure his album don't git leaked.

I wuz sorry, I had to bail on the show but u know da deal. I'm not fortunate like Cormega to git paper and not even have to go to a 9 to 5 to git it. But be on that look out for CORMEGA'S HIGHLY HIGHLY ANTICIPATED ALBUM, "BORN AND RAISED" dropping sometime this year. The album comes fully equipped with production from some of the greatest producers whoever touched a board: Dj Premier, Large Professor, Havoc, Lil' Fame, Pete Rock and I'm not sure if he mentioned J. Love or J. Waxx did work on the album most likely its J. Waxx Garfield. I know 'Mega worked with J. Waxx in the past.

Before I go I just wanna say I enjoyed myself. I had a great time listening to parts of the album and watching Cormega's performance. I'll definitely keep an eye out for the album and spread the word as well. To Jackie O, I wanna thank you once again and give you much love and respect 4 hooking me up so I can be able to do this review. DAT WUZ REAL TRILL OF YOU!!!

Sincerely,
Dj Handspin Dinero

No comments: